Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought that was a pretty good Raw! Bayley getting murdered sucked but Sasha vs Nia was a good finish, and Nia came out looking pretty great despite submitting.

Joe getting the best of Brock was excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

What did this say?

No idea, but this is why I'd really like people to screenshot tweets in addition to linking them, at least for the stuff that is likely to be considered controversial/get deleted.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown results added to the OP.

I really dug that Smackdown, was surprised while going through the GDT to see a fair bit of negativity towards it. I dug Carmella winning the match (I was really excited for Becky when it looked like she would win it though!) but nothing beat the Fashion Vice segment and the Ascension quietly taking those Eddie Money tickets.

Edit: Watching Talking Smack - "Who gets distracted away from Goldberg?" :lol:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince clearly isn't an idiot, but age and success and being pretty much the only (big) game in town has seen him rest on his laurels/not feel challenged or driven to shake things up or try new things.

I'm pretty sure it's in Foley's first book that Vince had a moment sometime after Pillman's death where he realized time may have passed him by and actively encouraged everybody to bring him ideas/changes for their characters. They threw a bunch of poo poo at the wall in desperation because WCW was eating them alive, and while there was a lot of rubbish in there some of it really struck a chord, headlined by Steve Austin being incredible and Vince finding new life as an amazing heel. But that was 20 years ago and they're largely just been repeating in diluted form a lot of the same basic storylines (the Authority in particular) and it does feel like time for another overhaul.

That's unlikely to happen within the next year or two based on the ever increasing TV revenues they got as part of their deal on USA (an incredible deal that people were disappointed by since WWE actively promised it would be even better) and there's a lot still to like in WWE, but it does feel pretty creatively stagnant over all. That's not Vince being an idiot, that's just Vince being lazy/resistant to change.

Edit: And I agree that if they successfully manage to trap Vince in a giant steel box at the core of the Earth, HHH and Stephanie are likely to either just act as Vince 2.0 models or look at offloading the company to some giant media corp like Disney.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

pig slut liza is running a tournament about old (100+ years ago) stories of people being bad with money. It probably predates the glory days of money marks blowing their fortunes on pro-wrestlers' coke habits, but if any of you know details of turn of the century would-be promoters sinking big bucks into pro-wrestling and getting taken to the cleaners, it might be something to consider entering.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

No offense to Primo and Epico because I'm sure they tried their best with the lovely gimmicks they were eternally saddled with, but weren't they purely brought back in as a gesture to Carlos Colon when they inducted him into the Hall of Fame?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

They were brought in several years before Carlos got inducted, but yeah, I think WWE just kept them around as a favor to the family despite giving them the worst bottom-of-the-card gimmicks.

poo poo, I actually thought I remembered them being released, going back to Puerto Rico for awhile and then getting rehired around the time Carlos was inducted. They were just around the entire time? Good Lord.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

He's white, who cares

His fat, ugly mama :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought Twin Peaks was skipping an episode this week?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cut it out and don't be dicks, if you think somebody is being a racist report their post.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

The rating troubles are over, WWE is mainstream again

I would legit crack up if Raw did like 4 millions viewers this week

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

He's white, who cares

DoctorGonzo posted:

who cares, she is black

My fault for just letting the first, obviously ludicrous and not meant to be taken seriously post slide (and I consider DrGonzo's reply to be in the same vein), but it has come to my attention that people are going to use this type of thing as an excuse to try and slip back into regular/constant "ironic" racism posts. So I'm going to have to start coming down hard on anybody who posts like this in the future, regardless of their rapsheet/post history or the context of the discussion at the time. I'll ease up a little once people get the message. f you want to discuss it further with me take it to PMs rather than post about it in this thread.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Sasha Banks is a capitalist management class cosplayer, no one likes her.

Semi-related, I think people would like CEOs more if they arrived to the office each morning with buff shirtless dudes walking in parallel lines on either side of their car.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I prefer a bunch of skellingtons and one hot bike mom

That's more of a COO thing in my opinion.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The Fashion Police are on the case.

I wonder who writes The Fashion Police stuff? Because it's real good stuff and while you couldn't make an entire show out of it, it's such a breath of fresh air in the middle of everything else going on.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gatts posted:

Was Wrestling always bad? All the time? Forever? At all intersections of time criss cross?

Yes. But also no.

I hope that clears things up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

All three Shield members are very good you doofs.

It's an old song by this point, but it really is sad to see WWE mishandle 3 such obvious talents who were so over for so long and actually successfully fought against bad suggested booking ideas.

I always figured Seth would be the one who ended up as the biggest star but I guess Roman's look was too much for WWE to resist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This discussion is fine and good and I agree Fat Roman would rule.

Leave the Nazi girlfriend out of it though everybody, it bears no relevance.

• Locked thread