Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jabberlock posted:

I watched A Knight's Tale a lot, mostly because it was the only medieval movie we owned and I loved that stuff. It's not really a terrible movie, just a corny and aggressively mediocre one. The result though was I was a Heath Ledger fan before everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.

i was getting p old by the time that came out, but still dumb enough not to realize it so yeah. i watched a lot of similar aggressively mediocre ones like dragonheart, thee musketeers, and first knight(i used to think this was one of the best movies ever made lol). i still like three musketeers tho

also goes without saying but ever Jim Carrey movie of the 90s. loved the poo poo out of them then but awful now (except truman show is still p good)

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

phasmid posted:

Nthing Kevin Smith's J &Sbob movies. They were fun and cool as a kid, but I'm not going to revisit them.

About a week ago I was smoking and watching The Matrix, since hell, that's what you do, right? Get high, watch this here trippy movie from the olden days. Here is my advice. Do not watch it. Do not say "jeez, it's really been that long? i gotta see how it holds up!" It does not. It's probably a mix of 1. was always really dorky and pretentious 2. everybody copying it in action movies up until very recently. Still some good scenes, but I started skimming after the cubicle scene and eventually just skipped to the last fight. Sigh.

And this:

Is just blasphemy.

i think matrix1 still works OK, but yeah it's been hit hard by being copied/parodied to death, and 90s CGI just looks like poo poo (almost any cgi-heavy 90s movie is borderline cringe now)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

nigga crab pollock posted:

Ace Ventura is good. It's a bad comedy but with a main character so bizarre he doesn't belong at all and it owns

have you actually watched them in the past 10 years?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Speedboat Jones posted:

The Pagemaster

this is a good call. i liked this as a kid but lol its actually awful.

sorry parents

• Locked thread