Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

King Vidiot posted:

Speaking of, has anybody actually sat through Dr. Otto and the Riddle of the Gloom Beam? I figure that any kid who was an Ernest fan would enjoy that movie too, but it was just one of those things that nobody really talked about. I never saw it, I never heard of anybody seeing it, I just remember that cover art and wondering what the gently caress was up with Ernest and why he had a hand on his head.

I had a brief window as a kid where I loved the Ernest stuff. That whole umbrella can be tossed into this thread, but yeah, Dr. Otto is objectively a bad movie. And I'm pretty sure part of me knew it at the time, but watching it again later, oof. A lot of the characters were brought back later when there was that weird Saturday morning Ernest sketch show for kids that he did. My favorite was the big tin-can robot with the yellow paper smiley face that would change expressions in-between shots. This guy:

Another movie for this thread: The Monster Squad. When I was a kid it was so rad seeming: They're kids...and they fight monsters! Watching it far more recently, they're kids...who fight monsters. And kids suck, and kids never shut up. And the jokes really don't land at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread