Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

...And I hate to admit it, but Predator. The problem is I saw it a bunch when I was little, and to little kid me it was an interplanetary battle of the bad asses. I love the gently caress out of it, and I didn't really notice the underlying goofiness. Then I didn't see it again until about a year ago when I realized it'd been decades since I'd seen it last. I was all stoked to watch it again, but couldn't make it halfway through because it was like wading neck deep in cheese. I've tried a couple times since, but I actually kind of hate it now.

The first couple of acts of the movie are deliberately cheesy and over the top typical 80s action fare, the reason why the movie stands up is that the latter acts completely demolishes the macho idiocy that dominated the start of the movie. Arnie may have defeated the enemy, but the point is that now he knows better; he's an ugly motherfucker too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread