Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
I really liked Howard the Duck when I was a kid. I still like it, but for nostalgic reasons. Same goes for the Mario Bros. movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Travolta's best film role since Look Who's Talking.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

spog posted:

Spaceballs! really does not hold up well.

It's painful to watch now

Hmmm, it's been a few years since I've seen it, but I might have to disagree on this one.

Escape Addict posted:

Mortal Kombat Annihilation. Young me loved every god damned scene.

This one, though is spot on. Loved the MK movies as a kid. Not so much now.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Frankenstyle posted:

Yeah. It's really bad when you're not seven anymore. The same with Goonies.

...And I hate to admit it, but Predator. The problem is I saw it a bunch when I was little, and to little kid me it was an interplanetary battle of the bad asses. I love the gently caress out of it, and I didn't really notice the underlying goofiness. Then I didn't see it again until about a year ago when I realized it'd been decades since I'd seen it last. I was all stoked to watch it again, but couldn't make it halfway through because it was like wading neck deep in cheese. I've tried a couple times since, but I actually kind of hate it now.

I'll defend Spaceballs to the death, but I'm with you on Goonies. Haven't seen Predator in ages.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

talkingvocoder posted:

Rules of Attraction

Why I watched it, I liked the whole weird Tarantino connection in regards to the director, and now I realized later that even if you're connected to Tarantino, there's still a chance you can't make a good movie for poo poo.

It's even worse if you consider it a spin-off of American Psycho, since the main character is Patrick Bateman's brother.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

way to out yourself, millenial.

I was born in 1984 and I read American Psycho before it was a movie. I'm, like, so offended right now, I can't even. I'm literally shaking.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

guts and bolts posted:

Isn't the principal from Ferris Bueller a loving horrifying alien in Howard The Duck???

Yea, his body is taken over by one of the Dark Overlords of the Universe.

ProfessorMurder fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 29, 2017

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Jastiger posted:

Stay Tuned with John Ritter and the principal from Ferris Bueler. Movie owns.

Eye warship satin.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

You Are A Elf posted:

The Dark Crystal.

Loved it as a kid, had a picture book of it and everything including the VHS which was watched many a time. Even had a cat named Fizzgig back then. Saw it for the first time in about 30 years last year and found it to be long, boring, and dreadful.

My dad and I loved that movie. I had a guinea pig I named Fizzgig.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I just watched Airplane and it holds up perfectly. I think Airplane might be the perfect comedy.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I like Kevin Smith. The shows where he just stands on stage and talks for a couple hours are good and funny. That being said, I was never a fan of Mallrats, Clerks, Chasing Amy. He's an awesome person, but most of his movies are pretty bad. Red State was good, though.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

HAT FETISH posted:

is animal house still good? I haven't seen that one since I was 12, and I remember it being good, so I'm worried that it isn't

John Belushi will always be good.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Jeez, Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds. I guess rape was just commonplace in the olden days.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Roll 'em up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Don't sign your posts

That's not even a funny use of that dumb meme.

• Locked thread