Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

spog posted:

Spaceballs! really does not hold up well.

It's painful to watch now

Yeah. It's really bad when you're not seven anymore. The same with Goonies.

...And I hate to admit it, but Predator. The problem is I saw it a bunch when I was little, and to little kid me it was an interplanetary battle of the bad asses. I love the gently caress out of it, and I didn't really notice the underlying goofiness. Then I didn't see it again until about a year ago when I realized it'd been decades since I'd seen it last. I was all stoked to watch it again, but couldn't make it halfway through because it was like wading neck deep in cheese. I've tried a couple times since, but I actually kind of hate it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Nick Rivers posted:

I asked my mom to rent this movie from the video store so much, she eventually took our VCR over to my uncle's house and taped this off of his HBO (he didn't have a vcr but did have HBO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1NpZxn860M

Oh hell yes. My friends and I used to make sarcastic Megaforce vehicles with legos.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
I fondly remember Screamers too. Even young me thought the "twist(s)" were lame, but the whole wandering through a dead hellscape stalked by robot/rat/circular saws was great.

• Locked thread