Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

friendly reminder Hollande turnednfrance into a proto venezuela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Quand verrons-nous la formation de la sixieme republique?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

My lunch, I call it Melenchon

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

mila kunis posted:

Gonna give the French security state a good excuse for a big crackdown regardless of who did it

If you thibk about it macron is building the police state appararus that will be inherited by someone who is actually batshit and not macron-bot2.44

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Sulphagnist posted:

My favourite Macron scandal: One of his senior advisors had a habit of wearing a fake riot police uniform and going out on the streets with the real police to bash protesters in the face. This was perfectly acceptable to the police and for his boss. He was caught on video and called out on it and it took several days for him to get the axe.

The situation is so stupid its hilarious i mean there is no prcedent for that.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

tino posted:

Just following the protest from afar. Is there consensus on what the protesters want? Is there a way to rank the demands based on the popularity?

1. Macron resign
2. Worker right
3. Nationalise certain industries
4. Migrant bad

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

tino posted:

Thank you, so Brexit like demand is not high on the agenda?

Nah Not by the french mainstream, id say most french are deadset on some combo of some of the points i listed maybe 2 of the 4 depending on industry. We wont see brexit type stuff in france unless an authortarian took power

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

What referendum is he planning to have??? Is he going to reform into the sixth republic?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 5, 2019

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I cant wait for someone to call this frances 9/11

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Macrons polling numbers double after billlionaires pay for monumenttax free repair

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Cat Mattress posted:

My favorite bit of British understanding of French history is that there's only two or three battles in the Hundred Years War, Crecy, Agincourt, and sometimes Poitiers.

Agincourt being the most important in terms of combat evolutuon. But lol the brits probably want to forget all that wasnt the stunning victory of 1415

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Man why is it that the only thing that Americans are interested in wrt Europe and France is WW2 and military anecdotes from WW2?

Is it because that’s the last time you were, arguably, the good guys?

I blame it on the history channel running 247 nazi documentaries so americans think of germans and nazis as 1 entity

Its also horseshit that the french are cowards etc like they held longer against the nazi war machine than any other european entity. Yet americans still say it all the loving time