Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

botany posted:

- here's a big one! you ready? We have an entire tree dedicated to curses, and none of them is Amplify Damage lmao. I thought there would be runes that do that, in order to buff up the pet builds, but nope!

I'd guess that there's a good reason they didn't put in Amp Damage. It's probably one of those skills that's either too good, and no other curse ever gets used, or isn't good enough, and 0% of people use it because it's not worth it. No middle ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Frailty is just Amplify Damage in reverse. Although I suspect the reason why Necros don't have it is because it has already been duplicated by so many other class abilities.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

As a giant noob I appreciate the new OP.

I still have not figured out how to make the Necro fun to play.

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
No new season for another three weeks. At least it gives people time to figure out the builds for necro.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I still have not figured out how to make the Necro fun to play.

press corpse explosion a lot

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Lansoc posted:

No new season for another three weeks. At least it gives people time to figure out the builds for necro.

This month is effectively a mini-season where everybody on the ladder is playing Necro. I think the gap is a good idea because some people will probably get bored of Necro by then and they'll be more class variety in S11 proper.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
I'm going on vacation today so really all I got to play was the barest minimum last night, so my impressions of the class are pretty much nonexistent for now, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what people think two weeks from now.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Spent 15 bucks to realize a lot of my fun is tied up in getting my cube set up, getting my gems and maxing my paragon out.

Welp! I'll take a swing when the season comes out. PoE 3.0 will inevitably be delayed past July so this will be a nice bridge till then.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Yeah forgot to mention thanks for actually writing an OP, here's to people asking questions answered in the OP for the next 2 years

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What gear do I want to equip?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I wonder what they will do for patch 3.0. D3P3 must be something special!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Serious question because I haven't played since RoS first came out:

Are the highest levels of play still only accessible to a very particular set of gear and skill loadout for each class? I hadn't played around with the cube, but I thought that was suppose to open up a lot more options.

Yes & No. If highest levels of play is TX-TXIII and high end GR, then yes, many builds are viable.

If you have true tryhard aspirations and want to hit the highest possible GRifts, then this chart is probably gonna bum you out:

I'll add this to the OP because I feel like this will hold true until a patch drops.

Thoughts on 6 hours of Necromancer play:

Rathma's seems like even with all the items it feels like old (bad) Zuni and Golem doesn't feel like it's doing anything even on low torments.

I have 5/6 Inarius and Bones, too bad everyone wants Pestilence.

Shout out to BaneAndy in HC Clan for being a great PLVL bro, and Shoutout to Bikini, Peck and AngelofLoki for running like 20 TXIII vaults last night as a quad stack of Necromancers. What an amazing gear share, we basically all got a 6 pc out of it.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 28, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Yes & No. If highest levels of play is TX-TXIII and high end GR, then yes, many builds are viable.

If you have true tryhard aspirations and want to hit the highest possible GRifts, then this chart is probably gonna bum you out:

I'll add this to the OP because I feel like this will hold true until a patch drops.

I think that chart is missing the buff to impale DH

e: also comparing this to how the leaderboards shook out in S10 he seems wrong

mewse fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 28, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

mewse posted:

I think that chart is missing the buff to impale DH

Yeah it's dated March 30th, so this was in preparation for Season 10, so I guess we've got new HPS since then, but I can at least confirm that even on HC, Raiment DuoGen is preposterously auto-pilot since you basically can just hold down M1 and still be playing at 90% efficiency.

What builds do you think he got wrong? Reminder that these are for Solo GR, no groups.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jun 28, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

Top of the ladder is all wizard but behind wiz is some kinda LoN WD (don't play enough WD to know the build) and he hasn't got any WD specs in there til C tier

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Blood Siphon doesn't work with the Mantle of Channeling. :(

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

Blood Siphon doesn't work with the Mantle of Channeling. :(

Yea, it's the only necro channeling skill and isn't even a spender like those on the mantle. There's still quite a bit of integration and tweaking left to do for synergy with existing gear.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Here are actual top GR builds for each class from S10

pre:
GR
109	lightning wiz
105	LoN wd
104	hammer sader + r6 monk
103	ww barb
102	impale DH

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I think I got 4/6 pestilence set (which i want to main) but the game gave me full inarius set first. MAKE PESTILENCE GREAT AGAIN

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Necro is probably going to be fine, after just dinging 70 and with mostly bad gear and no sets (some pieces sub lv70 but cubed trangoul scythe, mind you) and probably a bad build I'm doing T4-5 without issue. That's all on the trangoul scythe though, it makes all your curses Amp Damage but only for you - I can see a LoN build for necro being really strong with some of the effects on the legendaries working together - ring that boosts damage to slowed and cc'd targets, 50% damage reduction when an enemy has decrepify, trangoul scythe and gems on top of that etc.

Looking forward to the season!

Super high rifts will probably require some really specific gear but for what class is that not true?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

My initial thoughts on Necro are that he's good when you're doing the omega pro stuff you should have been doing in D2 (Corpse Explosion, Bone Spear) and weak when you're doing the trap nooblet stuff you shouldn't have been doing in D2 (skeletons, golem).

Mulloy
Jan 3, 2005

I am your best friend's wife's sword student's current roommate.

exquisite tea posted:

My initial thoughts on Necro are that he's good when you're doing the omega pro stuff you should have been doing in D2 (Corpse Explosion, Bone Spear) and weak when you're doing the trap nooblet stuff you shouldn't have been doing in D2 (skeletons, golem).

Corpse explosion is absurdly fun. No idea if it's good but I spent most of last night corpse bombing my way through bounties. No regrets.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

exquisite tea posted:

stuff you shouldn't have been doing in D2 (skeletons, golem).

Back in my day, SkeleMancers were universally reviled for their ability to make the D2 server you were on slow to a crawl.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I have full Rathmas and Jesseth and it's a solid build. I need the ring that generates mages tho as it's a bit tedious spamming mages every time you hit max essence and them dying out so fast.

Looking forward to messing around with all of the set builds as they all look interesting. I wonder what sort of LoN builds will arrive too as there are a bunch of interesting standalone legendaries.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Plavski posted:

I have full Rathmas and Jesseth and it's a solid build. I need the ring that generates mages tho

Same. Was clearing torment 7 while spamming summon mage, annoying

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Plavski posted:

Looking forward to messing around with all of the set builds as they all look interesting. I wonder what sort of LoN builds will arrive too as there are a bunch of interesting standalone legendaries.

LoN Pets has been fun and tanky, but with little to no +pets or +pet damage legendaries, items, or passives, it doesn't seem like it will be too strong past T10 farming. You have the usual defensive options (Aquila, Goldwrap/Avarice/Boon), but also Golemskin Breaches and Dayntee's, so there's a little bit of flexibility, but not too much to make things hit harder. Also, pets without Jesseth Arms set feels bad. Inarius + Jesseth set pet build works well also, as long as you're always in melee range of what they're killing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Admittedly I have ~1150 paragon but with a little help from some banked gear/gems I managed to clear a GR60 with just 6pc Inarius + CE and In-geom / CE gloves / CoE in the cube. My goal now is to switch out Endless Walk for the BA necklace + CE ring, farm up the 2H poison scythe, and see how many beezies I can get from a 3-4 poison stack CE.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

exquisite tea posted:

And then you dropped the build because a hammerdin could get through magic damage immunities against demons and undead and they dealt more damage anyway.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The more things change..

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Admittedly I have ~1150 paragon but with a little help from some banked gear/gems I managed to clear a GR60 with just 6pc Inarius + CE and In-geom / CE gloves / CoE in the cube. My goal now is to switch out Endless Walk for the BA necklace + CE ring, farm up the 2H poison scythe, and see how many beezies I can get from a 3-4 poison stack CE.

Any idea why icy veins says to wear a 1h+shield when you could wield the 2h scythe and all abilities are based on weapon dmg

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

mewse posted:

Any idea why icy veins says to wear a 1h+shield when you could wield the 2h scythe and all abilities are based on weapon dmg

for which set? From what i've seen/heard the weapon set is crucial for Rathma's, but Reilana's crowhook is for Trag and Inarius, while the Sickle(spelling?) of the Cycle and Lost time offhand are BiS for pestilence

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I have no idea to be honest, especially for Corpse Explosion where the only ASPD you're limited by is how fast you can press the button.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Carebearz posted:

for which set? From what i've seen/heard the weapon set is crucial for Rathma's, but Reilana's crowhook is for Trag and Inarius, while the Sickle(spelling?) of the Cycle and Lost time offhand are BiS for pestilence

Inarius corpse explosion

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-corpse-explosion-build-with-the-inarius-set-patch-2-6-season-11

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

oh, i'm doing an Inarius BONESTOOOOOOOOORM with Reilana's shadowhook. All I need are Dayntee's Binding and Krysbin's Sentence to wear and wisdom of Kalan to cube

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There are a lot of choices with that build I wouldn't make TBQH. For one you can just equip the 2H poison Scythe then cube In-Geom for all your CDR needs. Then you wouldn't even need OrotZ to get a permanent CE snowball going, and could wear the 200% damage CE ring and the 300% damage to stunned ring while keeping the Bone Armor neck, while keeping CoE in the cube. Those combined would easily eclipse the effects of Trag'ouls while letting the Necro wear a 2H, which is what you really want for CE since it's all base weapon damage. Trying to wedge curses in there is too unwieldy I think. Take out spreading Malediction and Blood is Power then slot in extra health globes on corpse use and Necro cheat death. At least that's what I'm going for.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

quote:

The recommended weapon and offhand setup for the build is Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang along with a Poison damage Lidless Wall Lidless Wall. The one-handed scythe turns the Cursed Scythe Cursed Scythe curse application from proc to guaranteed, as well as amplifying your damage against cursed targets. This setup will hit for less on average than a two-handed setup, but will provide extra utility to the build in the form of shield defense and extra Cooldown Reduction. Alternatively, you can wield the Cube weapon slot recommendation, Nayr's Black Death Nayr's Black Death, and cube Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang. This setup will increase the downtime of Land of the Dead Land of the Dead, but will reward you with harder hits on average.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Seems silly to trade weapon damage for some CDR + negligible shield defense

exquisite tea posted:

There are a lot of choices with that build I wouldn't make TBQH. For one you can just equip the 2H poison Scythe then cube In-Geom for all your CDR needs. Then you wouldn't even need OrotZ to get a permanent CE snowball going, and could wear the 200% damage CE ring and the 300% damage to stunned ring while keeping the Bone Armor neck, while keeping CoE in the cube. Those combined would easily eclipse the effects of Trag'ouls while letting the Necro wear a 2H, which is what you really want for CE since it's all base weapon damage. Trying to wedge curses in there is too unwieldy I think. Take out spreading Malediction and Blood is Power then slot in extra health globes on corpse use and Necro cheat death. At least that's what I'm going for.

oo seems good, might try this

mewse fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 28, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Does the Tra(n)g'Oul set turn you into a vampire and bug your casting speed to something really low, but let you cast fire spells without synergies that make them essentially worthless?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Star Man posted:

Does the Tra(n)g'Oul set turn you into a vampire and bug your casting speed to something really low, but let you cast fire spells without synergies that make them essentially worthless?

No, you spend more health for health casters but they do more damage and you get a shitton of healing bonuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Inarius Bone Storm build seems pretty fun on paper. It also seems like he'll have no problems keeping up with an Impale DH zipping through a GR from pack to pack, which is a plus. The hardest thing now in my group is figuring out how we gear up efficiently when we all want to play Necro :(

Edit: Has anyone else tried the challenge rift? What is the deal with that? Why was it incredibly easy? I'm not complaining about the mats, but it just seemed weird because I thought it was going to be challenging but wasn't even remotely so.