Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Carebearz posted:

No, you spend more health for health casters but they do more damage and you get a shitton of healing bonuses

gently caress this poo poo im out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I was somewhat hoping that a non-LotD CE build would be workable, since I'm really not a fan of the whole "Archon build" dynamic it uses. Basically using Flesh Golem/golem corpse gauntlets/RoRG instead. Hopefully that'll be just good enough, since I'm not worried about pushing leaderboards or anything.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

explosivo posted:

The Inarius Bone Storm build seems pretty fun on paper. It also seems like he'll have no problems keeping up with an Impale DH zipping through a GR from pack to pack, which is a plus. The hardest thing now in my group is figuring out how we gear up efficiently when we all want to play Necro :(

Edit: Has anyone else tried the challenge rift? What is the deal with that? Why was it incredibly easy? I'm not complaining about the mats, but it just seemed weird because I thought it was going to be challenging but wasn't even remotely so.

It's easy because Impale DH's are OP as gently caress

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Star Man posted:

gently caress this poo poo im out

Have fun shitposting in your other threads, we won't miss you

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Carebearz posted:

It's easy because Impale DH's are OP as gently caress

I get that, I just don't understand why the initial record was set so drat low. My group finished with like 3 minutes to spare :psyduck:

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Carebearz posted:

It was a diablo 2 joke that you missed

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

BobbyK posted:

It was a diablo 2 joke that you missed

No, I get it, it's just every post from Star Man in the other D3 thread was a bunch of shitposts.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How does the CE build handle long rift guardian fights with no adds? Wouldn't that mean your main damage dealer is effectively useless without adds to generate corpses?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

explosivo posted:

How does the CE build handle long rift guardian fights with no adds? Wouldn't that mean your main damage dealer is effectively useless without adds to generate corpses?

pretty sure CE builds are more of a group thing but usually CE builds use the golem that poops corpses. Also the Molting rune for Blood Rush

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
The CE build runs land of the dead and masses of CDR. You can then pop it and use your CE without corpses for its duration.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Makes sense, so mostly LOTD with CDR stacks to shorten the time on that while your party wails away.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I cleared GR70 copying the leaderboard topping Inarius Bone Storm build last night (I crafted the same equipment but not all ancient with perfect rolls or anything). It's a pretty good build but I think the guys doing GR95 or better by now spent a lot on making sure they had exactly what they needed because I could clear GR75 but not under the timer. I didn't play the beta much so I'm glad the Necromancer is pretty fun. My plan is to try all of the sets and builds before the season to see if I want to play necro during season 11 or not.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
What rings affect corpse explosion? I only see Krysbin's Sentence, which deals extra damage to slowed mobs. Theres a CE neck "The Johnstone" which gives extra damage to CE but I can't find another CE ring.

Lansoc
Jan 3, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

exquisite tea posted:

This month is effectively a mini-season where everybody on the ladder is playing Necro. I think the gap is a good idea because some people will probably get bored of Necro by then and they'll be more class variety in S11 proper.

Good points. I do expect an overabundance of necros this season so I'll be playing something else. Probably play necro the following season.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Lechtansi posted:

What rings affect corpse explosion? I only see Krysbin's Sentence, which deals extra damage to slowed mobs. Theres a CE neck "The Johnstone" which gives extra damage to CE but I can't find another CE ring.

CoE would also buff the damage.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
also yay several minute wait time to even start a private game, now that's gaming in 2017!

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

explosivo posted:

Makes sense, so mostly LOTD with CDR stacks to shorten the time on that while your party wails away.

I can't believe I forgot about this too

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Carebearz posted:

I"m just moonlighting as people that can't tolerate the new and are mad that the necromancer pack isn't hitting them in the nostalgia.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Star Man posted:

I"m just moonlighting as people that can't tolerate the new and are mad that the necromancer pack isn't hitting them in the nostalgia.

Like I said, shitposting.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
since when is shitposting bad

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I noticed a lot more other-class drops when playing the necro than usual. Kinda annoying. I've got more DH legs than anything else so far :(

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
DH legendaries are the most common drop no matter what class I'm on. Shame that I don't like the class.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Carebearz posted:

Like I said, shitposting.

TBF I think the guy who has maintained like 6 threads for a game where people ask the same question literally two posts down from someone asking the same question is entitled to shitpost in his own thread.

Starman: just shitpost baby.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Rufio posted:

since when is shitposting bad
it's loving awful

star man's like pick but not a woman.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
exclusive footage of the necromancer skill "army of the dead"

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Inarius is fun but you gotta wade into the poo poo to make yourself useful. Not sure how that will go on higher GR

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Please add to the OP that there's a difference between end game content and "RARRRR LEADERBOARDS PUSH FAGGOTS". You should be able to solo 80, and 4 man up to 110 with ease, (varying levels of difficulty).

End game is not "I can clear a t13 rift and only die 8 times!" You can't even unlock primals until you reach ten levels higher than a t13

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Set bonuses to skills are additive, not multiplicative, right? So for the Bones of Rathma, it's the normal 400%+250% each mage you have out, so it'd max out at 2900% not 400(250*number of mages) because that'd be like a million percent.

Edit: I mean I feel stupid asking but

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Necro is so weird. I have no sets, just hit 70 and in the highest grifts that I can barely survive in, casting Simulacra with the rune that doubles the power bar and a skeleton mage that eats the whole bar one-hits the rift guardians. :shobon:

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Kobogartimer posted:

Necro is so weird. I have no sets, just hit 70 and in the highest grifts that I can barely survive in, casting Simulacra with the rune that doubles the power bar and a skeleton mage that eats the whole bar one-hits the rift guardians. :shobon:

You have no chance, Kakarot! I put all my power into this attack!

I'm just glad the necro is fun to level. Leveling a demon hunter was probably the least fun I've had since release, and what I was doing Monday. Ugh.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well, just fired this bad boy up again when my buddy texted me that they added Necro. Can't wait to be a Bone Bro slappin D-bo's min-yo's! Fo sho!

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I think I found the most fun Necro build so far - Pestilence set, gloves that make your golem poop corpses, Devour with the Aura rune, and pump all your bonsues in to corpse lance. Passively run through a level shooting bone all over the place. I hit 70 today, cubed up a bunch of items, and now I'm clearing T13 in no time.

Bonus if you can cube the shoulders that increase corpse lance damage for consuming a corpse. NOTE: Do not use the rune that makes corpse lance cost life. That hurts a lot.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Balon posted:

I think I found the most fun Necro build so far - Pestilence set, gloves that make your golem poop corpses, Devour with the Aura rune, and pump all your bonsues in to corpse lance. Passively run through a level shooting bone all over the place. I hit 70 today, cubed up a bunch of items, and now I'm clearing T13 in no time.

Bonus if you can cube the shoulders that increase corpse lance damage for consuming a corpse. NOTE: Do not use the rune that makes corpse lance cost life. That hurts a lot.

Can you link your build? I wanna check it out - i got the pestilence set tonight, so far its pretty fun.

SgtArseCandle
Sep 28, 2009
Anyone knows how often does the army of the dead cooldown reduction thing on the Rathma set proc? All it says is that "minions have a chance to reduce cooldown by 1 second on attack". Furthermore, I assume that the obsidian ring procs only once per command skeleton/skeleton mage?

Edit: grammar

SgtArseCandle fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jun 29, 2017

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
After reading this thread I had really lowered my expectations for the necro but after levelling to 25 tonight I'm having a ball. Not bothering with skele mages but the regular skeletons keeping themselves summoned and being able to order them into mobs is great. The golems also look fantastic and of course, CE feels fantastic.

Really looking forward to playing more over the weekend.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

SgtArseCandle posted:

Anyone knows how often does the army of the dead cooldown reduction thing on the Rathma set proc? All it says is that "minions have a chance to reduce cooldown by 1 second on attack". Furthermore, I assume that the obsidian ring procs only once per command skeleton/skeleton mage?

Edit: grammar

They never gave numbers, but I can tell you that it's a trap because AoTD is a terrible skill on a very long cooldown. You're better off using that slot for Bone Armor or something else more useful and pretending that Rathma's 2pc bonus doesn't exist. The only time I've ever found it useful to use AoTD was the Rathma set dungeon, and only because it's required.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I pretty much hadn't played the game since RoS came out, I hopped back in with necro and I'm having the time of my life.

I hit 70 this afternoon, and I don't know exactly what everyone is talking about with cubes and grifts but I found a neat semi-melee build that comfortably solos T3 rifts in my mishmash of random oranges, so I'm pretty happy!

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So it seems that there's a hidden internal mechanic on skeletons that bypasses enforcer's 90% dmg reduction bonus: skeletons die upon taking damage 24 times, regardless of how much damage it is. If you stand them in a puddle of poison or any fast-attacking AoE on Normal, they will die after the 24th tick of damage, even if each tick is just 1 damage. Hopefully this is some kind of bug because they die too drat fast to AoE fast-ticking attacks. RGs like Voracity would probably keep the skeletons nearly permanently dead.

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

So it seems that there's a hidden internal mechanic on skeletons that bypasses enforcer's 90% dmg reduction bonus: skeletons die upon taking damage 24 times, regardless of how much damage it is. If you stand them in a puddle of poison or any fast-attacking AoE on Normal, they will die after the 24th tick of damage, even if each tick is just 1 damage. Hopefully this is some kind of bug because they die too drat fast to AoE fast-ticking attacks. RGs like Voracity would probably keep the skeletons nearly permanently dead.

Might be by design because skeleton death is a requirement for some procs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Biggest challenge for CE Inarius so far is just surviving comfortably past GR65. For CE you most definitely want the gloves cubed, so you can't just immediately slap in an Aquila without RoRG, which is also not ideal since CE has many desireable jewelry slots. I feel like LoNsplode would be a lot more flexible since Bone Armor is kind of limiting in how dependent you are upon it for mitigation. You're also relying a lot on Decrepify in this setup, which IMHO is awkward to fit into a CE build.