Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Double postin'. Something I did not remember from s28: liquid rainbow doesn't exist on console. I started staff farming and it only takes the bell, gemstone, and mushroom. I had already gotten the shin bone because I hadn't actually looked at the recipe, but got real confused when I finally found the mysterious chest and didn't get the drop. What a weird omission.

So with that I have the full altar unlocked. I upgraded a rare to a primal but did not get a 2nd one. It's that normal since it wasn't a drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Suburban Dad posted:

So with that I have the full altar unlocked. I upgraded a rare to a primal but did not get a 2nd one. It's that normal since it wasn't a drop?
yeah it's drops only, upgrades and gambling doesn't count

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Pretty sure gambling gives double primal. A quick google seems to confirm.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
Here's a video of it happening to Wudijo

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ya my bad i vaguely recalled people complaining about it not working when it first appeared

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Yesterday I lost my farm set to a dc which was ok. Had to relevel two gems.

Then I lost my push set, I swear spirit vessel hadn't proceed but I must have had a lapse in concentration.

That'll do me this season

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I'm struggling with the LOD WOL setup for some reason. I'm sure I've set up the build exactly as per the maxroll guide, have the LOD gem levelled to about 60 or so, and gear is of similar quality to the Inna's mystic ally set I use to run sub-3 min GR100s - yet I struggle to even complete a GR90 with what is supposed to be this season's answer to Tal Rasha Meteor.

Can't post armory because Switch, but yeah I would have expected the build to be "online" by this point, but it feels like a set build does when missing its (6) bonus still. Is there a min level LOD needs to be at to really perform, or does it not really vibe until you're at 100% ancient bonus?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

For LOD to really compete your gem needs to be level 99 and you need pretty much all ancients. Maybe you can get by with 12/13 for awhile if there’s an essential piece that you can’t afford to reforge yet but in most cases you’d get a better result wearing an INT robe as long as it was ancient. It feels like you’re playing with a sub-6pc set because you pretty much are at this point.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
Set builds are typically much, much more forgiving of half assed gear/rolls/gems than LOD builds, and you should level the main gem to 99 before you bother doing anything else with it since you're losing 40% of your potential damage to that alone. Also, wave of light may be "this season's Tal" in terms of having the highest/fastest possible clears, but even when it's done it's not like Tal in terms of being so OP you could train a monkey to farm with it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
WoL, both set and LoD are very capable of being very brain off while you do non-pushing content (and even for some pushing content). BUT the builds do have their own rhythm for optimal play and if you don't have it muscle memoried things will rough.

It's not like lazymancer where you just walk through a map looking for exits while the game clears the rift for you.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Right, that was what I'd suspected, but Maxroll (god bless) isn't really explicit about needing ancients and a 99 gem for it to really work. They should probably have a generic blurb for all of the LOD builds suggesting you use a Haedrics set build to farm up the mats, level the gem and gather the ancients before trying endgame content with it.

Luckily this season, Inna Mystic Ally has me reliably getting 100s done in under 3 mins, regardless of the tileset and with the staff as my only ancient. I'm running a tweaked version using thread favourite Guardians, but have 2x ancient aughilds ready to go when I hit about 1500 paragon.

No joke, I'm pretty sure I wasn't able to hit anywhere near this level with Tal's Meteor or Trag's death nova in 28 pre-augments... those shards are lit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Managed to finish the Altar. So much QoL this season, it's amazing.

Gonna hafta stop using my Inna Monk though cause it feels so immobile unless I come across an Elite Pack.

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....
This season has been fun. The enmity portals are a great way to get loads of mats, the Altar has allowed for casual solo's to push higher and after all the enhancements to the game over the last ten plus years it is a great click fest.

Doing a grift at lvl95 in a minute was something cool to see. It's the little achievements that keep people logging in.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah not needing to do Bounties for Bounty Mats is a huge plus and they drop Legendaries like crazy.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Once I solo a GR70 (which I just did) and unlock Primal Ancient items, will they then drop in GRs lower than 70?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
yes

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
They'll drop anywhere a legendary can drop once unlocked for the format you're playing (season softcore, non-season hardcore, etc...).

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is there a trick to getting Shadow/Impale running smoothly? I've tried both the Physical and Cold versions and they never feel as good as GoD. I run 120s in both but GoD is much smoother.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
With impale are you mostly ignoring trash and hunting down elites? You also need to make sure that your impales are landing hits to refund disc so gotta get in relatively close.

GoD is just basically a spin2win build so it's a lot easier to pull off play style wise.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's a certain rhythm to playing Shadow well. You'll of course want the belt that makes Vault free to cast after using Impale. Each dagger will give you 3-4 rolls, and it's important to keep periodically tossing them out or you'll very quickly run out of Discipline. I map Vault to 1 and just hold the button down the entire time while I'm looking for elites. If done correctly it should be just as fast as GoD.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Ricochet is the easiest hatred management rune for the build.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
My brain is too dense from GoD I guess. Just augmented the set and now I'm running GR125 in 2-2:30 with a bad Squirt's and poor Focus/Restraint so I'm satisfied for ow.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Found another mushbrained GR build: AoV FotD. You literally press Steed and run around and everything explodes. You don't even have to hold down Strafe lmao.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Boatswain posted:

Found another mushbrained GR build: AoV FotD. You literally press Steed and run around and everything explodes. You don't even have to hold down Strafe lmao.

Best build in the game

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Boatswain posted:

What's FOTD? Or was that supposed to be FOTH, for Fist Of The Heavens?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Got insanely lucky today, 8 Primals over three hours (2-3 of them even usable). I don't know why but I'm really enjoying this season. I usually never play beyond completing the Season's Journey.

Kheldarn posted:

What's FOTD? Or was that supposed to be FOTH, for Fist Of The Heavens?

Yeah sorry, FotH.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Boatswain posted:

Yeah sorry, FotH.

All good. I don't play Crusader much, so I was wondering if there was some new hotness based on a skill I haven't used.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

All good. I don't play Crusader much, so I was wondering if there was some new hotness based on a skill I haven't used.

I don't either, but that build is really fun (and silly) and very smooth to play.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Boatswain posted:

8 Primals over three hours (2-3 of them even usable).

What GR level are you at? I’m at GR 70; T14 for bounties/portals. Primals are *extremely* rare, and often useless. Of 4 primals total, 2 have been for the wrong class altogether, and the third was worse than the Ancient I already had. I guess keep grinding?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Get to gr90. Your legendaries per hour drop rate caps there. Any GR you're doing above that is netting you more xp/h for paragons.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I'm doing GR120 speeds for XP, but I think about 40% of my Primals have come from Visions when I'm grinding mats.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Getting primals is just playing the averages and the average you're gaming is legendary/hour. Whatever you can do to juice the hell out of that ratio in favor of more legendaries will net over time more primals.

Because it is a random chance on each legendary instead of a guaranteed 1 out of every x you can get swings where you get more primals more quickly or you can get very long droughts where you're way overdue.

That's also why gr90 is so important because you don't get any more legendaries from a gr90 vs anything higher. And nothing can be sustained over long time durations like grinding out gr90s, but again, primals can drop anywhere a legendary can so basically always be getting legendaries if you want primals.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Good info, thank you. What about Visions of Enmity Portals? Is the ancient/primal drop rate affected at all by Torment level?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
No in the sense that once you unlock primals the ratio is all that matters. Yes in the sense that you'll get less legendary drops over all per time spent playing.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Lincoln posted:

Good info, thank you. What about Visions of Enmity Portals? Is the ancient/primal drop rate affected at all by Torment level?

It's a static 1/400 chance that any given drop is Primal. My current streak is just variance. Doing GR90 as fast as you can is the best way to grind Primals. I'm running higher tiers a bit slower (about 30 seconds) for Paragon levels which end up mattering once you are well geared (and at higher levels can influence your build a tiny bit).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lincoln posted:

What GR level are you at? I’m at GR 70; T14 for bounties/portals. Primals are *extremely* rare, and often useless. Of 4 primals total, 2 have been for the wrong class altogether, and the third was worse than the Ancient I already had. I guess keep grinding?

Fill out the altar completely. That will double your primal drops (instead on one dropping, you get 2, not double the chance of getting one). Problem is that you need more primals to unlock double primals. :v:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Visions make early primals a non-issue unless you're quite unlucky. I haven't even played since... week 2 or something and I have half a stash tab on top of those for the altar and things I upgraded or am wearing. Once you can speed clear 90+ GRs it's more beneficial to do those but up until that point it's a whole lot of portals.

.dazedandconfused..
Jan 5, 2006

Once upon a time Blubberkopf made me even more confused....
Grabbed this last play session. About seven hours of mostly bounty/visions. I have seen a tendency to get a primal drop(s) then a second drop(s) 100 legendries later. Been consistent for a couple of weeks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

.dazedandconfused.. posted:

...last play session. About seven hours...

OK so I may now have a better idea of why I don't have a lot of Primals yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Once you can speed 90s and get into the groove you can get 6-800 legendaries an hour if you're just purely blasting the grind and minimizing your time spent doing anything else. Which will statistically net you up to 2 primals an hour normalized over enough time.

If you're less efficient in town or spend time doing other stuff you just gotta stretch out the time value to make the statement true. Primals are all about the ABCs.

Always
Be
Clearing