Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Might be by design because skeleton death is a requirement for some procs?

What procs require skeletons to die? Must have missed it/them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
Maybe i'm just bad, or too used to BONESTORM Inarius but the other sets seem pretty meh to me. i've never needed a ring as bad as I need Krysbin's Sentence though.

Is it just me being bad with any other set other than Inarius, or does that seem to be like the best set right now?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Carebearz posted:

Maybe i'm just bad, or too used to BONESTORM Inarius but the other sets seem pretty meh to me. i've never needed a ring as bad as I need Krysbin's Sentence though.

Is it just me being bad with any other set other than Inarius, or does that seem to be like the best set right now?

Inarius right now is the strongest, toughest, easiest, and most flexible necro set all at once. Once they inevitably nerf the proc rate for legendary gems, we'll see how strong it remains, but I even use pets with it over the annoying Rathma playstyle and it works out since it buffs all damage, as long as it's near you.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Bonestorm is good and real easy to push high on. I really want that mage ring to gently caress around with Rathma's though. It's so stupidly crucial for that build that it will drive me mad when I have to search all over again on seasons.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Does Tasker and Theos gloves 50% increase attack speed for pets work on the necro pets?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Anyone else notice that turning the golem into corpses doesn't always work? I think areas that are too enemy-dense prevent the corpses from spawning, despite being exactly where you want them to.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Fried Watermelon posted:

Does Tasker and Theos gloves 50% increase attack speed for pets work on the necro pets?

Yes, it does.

Plavski posted:

Bonestorm is good and real easy to push high on. I really want that mage ring to gently caress around with Rathma's though. It's so stupidly crucial for that build that it will drive me mad when I have to search all over again on seasons.

Yea, it's very rare. I think I had to upgrade about 80-100 rings on PTR to get one. I got one on my necro now after about 14 hours of playtime. With all of the complaints starting to show up about the skeletal mage duration on the D3 forums, I hope they increase their duration or replace them with revive on the Rathma's 6pc to make it a nice QoL adjustment. It's not as strong, tanky, or easy as Inarius, but it's pets so I look forward to it in S11 (if they make some changes).

E: re: the ring's rarity. Here are some posts on the bug forum about it.

"I'm trying to get this ring via upgrading rare rings - currently 300 rings or so in and got nothing. The other necro-ring (Brigg's Wrath) seems to roll just fine, got ~10 of those. Can anybody confirm, that this ring can actually be generated via upgrading rares?"

"It took me 70+ attempts"

"i've upgraded 105 rings without any luck"

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jun 29, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Fried Watermelon posted:

Tasker and Theo is the required armor cube power for Rathma's from what I hear.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

i've spent thousands and thousands of shards and upgraded about 30 rings so far, no sign of it. buckets of obsidian rings tho... sheesh

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

What procs require skeletons to die? Must have missed it/them.

I misread the Jesseth set bonus :saddowns:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I need the Johnstone neck and that sentence ring, then i'll probably gently caress around with Trag'oul's

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It feels weird to play necro during the offseason because I just want to blitz to 70 with a bunch of gem of ease gear instead of taking my time and trying out each skill/rune to see how they feel then blitzing my way to 70 to begin the grind.

bigdaddyo
Jun 28, 2008
I haven't played diablo 3 since right before the patch they introduced legendary gems in. Does anyone have a link to or wouldn't mind providing a quick checklist of things I should be doing once I hit 70?

I bough the eternal collection for my Xbone (originally played on pc), so I'm starting completely from scratch. Banging out the campaign on a necro right now and enjoying the nostalgia, but want to get serious once the new season starts in July

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Run rifts

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
Non-inarius sets seem like they really lack the insane damage reduction you get from bone armor and how you can afford to run aquila cuirass as a cubed armor

Does anyone ever even use bone spirit?

Bring back bone spear's matrix bullet trails!

I'd like rathma builds more if I didn't have to spam command skeleton and summon skeleton magi all the gat drat time

Those are my thoughts so far anyway

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

whalestory posted:

I'd like rathma builds more if I didn't have to spam command skeleton and summon skeleton magi all the gat drat time

Nothing we can do about mages for now, but make sure you're using the Jesseth Arms set with Rathma's since it auto-commands your skeletons constantly and you just have to hit it once until everything nearby is dead.

Edit: This could be a useful link for the OP since it covers the Armory and Crafting UI

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20597130/first-look-patch-250-3-16-2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

DrSeRRoD posted:

Nothing we can do about mages for now, but make sure you're using the Jesseth Arms set with Rathma's since it auto-commands your skeletons constantly and you just have to hit it once until everything nearby is dead.

Edit: This could be a useful link for the OP since it covers the Armory and Crafting UI

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20597130/first-look-patch-250-3-16-2017

yeah, the Jesseth's weapon +shield set is crucial for Rathma builds. I need another shadowhook to cube or my rathma's, as well as a Tasker and Theo

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hot take on necro so far: it good

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!
Unless I'm badly mistaken the blood mages you can summon (since they cost life, they qualify for the set) seem to work with the Trag'Oul Set. I wonder if that could works as an alternative summoning set - especially when combined with Simulacrum for double summoning. I still need that skeleton mage ring before I can really judge.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

From what I've seen trag'oul's uses this set up: blood rune corpse spear left click, blood rush right click, 1: Devour with the one that gives you max health, 2: corpse pooping golem, 3: Decredify with dizzying curse, and 4: LoTD, frozen lands

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Trip report: Necro good, but some builds are horribly ring dependent. Krysbin is almost essential for any build and it's rare as hell. The other rings are also equally rare, but equally important for their relative builds.

I've had fun with Necro for the last couple of days, but I'm putting it aside now until the season starts because I can't bear this ring grind any longer when I know it won't matter come the season.

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I'm strongly considering buying the necro and then seeing what a season is like. I quit shortly after the expansion was released, and a lot of poo poo doesn't make sense to me anymore. Hopefully in the new season you goons won't mind playing with a noob.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's probably not a great roll but the Krysbin was pretty much the first piece I looted for the Necro :v:

Now to get the rest!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Dr Strangepants posted:

I'm strongly considering buying the necro and then seeing what a season is like. I quit shortly after the expansion was released, and a lot of poo poo doesn't make sense to me anymore. Hopefully in the new season you goons won't mind playing with a noob.

Noobs are always welcome. Group is always good to carry or plvl folks.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Krysbin was literally the first shitbeam that dropped when I hit 70 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Sounds like Necro rings are good enough to preclude Endless Walk. What amulets are people using, since the Necro passives are all trash?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

George posted:

Sounds like Necro rings are good enough to preclude Endless Walk. What amulets are people using, since the Necro passives are all trash?

The one that gives you 5 more stacks of bone armor is decent for Inarius as it ends up at an extra 25% damage reduction. Endless walk is still used though for the 50% damage reduction if anything because it's still squishy as hell (in higher GRs) and you have to be in melee range constantly. Then you have Unity for even more damage reduction. The passives are indeed trash.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

It's really sad how boring the passives are. I hope they iterate on them for 2.7.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Funny thing is I noticed there are more passives than most of the other classes, and now I'm hearing they're all trash

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

George posted:

i think 3/4 sets use the endless walk set with Krysbin's sentence. I know for my Inarius that's the last ring i need.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I just want to say OP thanks for finding the strength that I could not.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Necromancer seems to have the same problem Sombra and Orisa had on release at Overwatch. Rather than release a fun broken character, then release an under tuned character in the hopes of buffing them. This leads to a lot of lazy designs making it past the editing room.

I can appreciate that they didn't want the new necro to be hands free because that isn't really engaging gameplay, but it's honestly too spammy. Summing 8-10 mages every encounter feels like a chore, I want dudes that show up and hang out.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

The mages don't always summon when I click and I can't even seem them with everything else going on typically. It's very frustrating and makes me want to try a build without mages.

Edit: I guess the closest thing to it is Hydra. I'd rather it be closer to that. I don't love Hydra but at least it looks/feels impactful.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jun 29, 2017

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

Funny thing is I noticed there are more passives than most of the other classes, and now I'm hearing they're all trash

They're weak and boring and it feels like they purposely went away from +damage +pet +stats style of 'direct power' power passives in order to innovate, but they're still not useful, fun, or have very little impact (e.g. 25% more uptime on 6 second mages; minions gain thorns, but no way for them to apply it or to force mobs to attack them). Then you have ones that don't even work, like the Fueled by Death, which should give you +30% movement speed, but currently doesn't allow you to go past your 25% cap, so it's useless once you have enough paragon for max movement speed (at least until they fix it in patch 2.9, assuming it's even a bug). As if the necro needed to be slower compared to the other classes.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3Z-6L2r5pg

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I appreciate the fact that that video uses a lot of sound effects from Diablo 2, including the Fallens various exclamations for the hubbub of the mob.

It's also scary how easy it was for me to recognize it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Didn't contain enough RAKANISHU! :colbert:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kobogartimer posted:

Necro is so weird. I have no sets, just hit 70 and in the highest grifts that I can barely survive in, casting Simulacra with the rune that doubles the power bar and a skeleton mage that eats the whole bar one-hits the rift guardians. :shobon:

this is neat. i slotted the land of the dead and devour with the life boosting rune and if you pop simulacra and land of the dead at the same time you can just mash devour like you're having a seizure and summon 2 super saiyan skeleton mages every single time your blue orb fills and end up with a wad of like 10 instagib flinging poo poo demons before land of the dead wears off

loving gruesomely impractical since you can only pull it off every 2 minutes though

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jun 29, 2017

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
6 piece rathma's is annoying because skeletal mages die so quick. It needs an epic somewhere that just lets them stay like the barb one. It's worse than having to set up your traps for marauder's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

How long do you think it will take for the necromancer expansion to drop in price? Maybe Christmas?