Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

RodShaft posted:

Well I figured out who kept porting in and killing my limp second player.
Nemesis
Here's a video.

Is this some console-exclusive boss? I have never seen that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

What’s the easiest playing WD build? I loved WW barb last season because I could just keep on moving.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Star Man posted:

Yeah, if you die then a nemesis will randomly port in and attack. It's like an RG and usually drops pretty well. Not sure why it's a console only thing but it rules.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Does Echoing Fury do anything useful if you're already using Frenzy on a barb?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

LochNessMonster posted:

What’s the easiest playing WD build? I loved WW barb last season because I could just keep on moving.

Zunis is pretty chill. Just hang back, cast acid cloud and let your Stabethas go to work

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

LochNessMonster posted:

Given that arachyr is the free set I’d say firebats, just run in tag and channel.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Suburban Dad posted:

As my hype builds for the new season, here's some season start tips that have worked pretty well for me in the past. I've been in the top 20ish for most seasons when I start like this, even with some hiccups. It's pretty efficient and can get you to lvl 70 in around two hours in a four man group.

I'm definitely going to try this for once, usually I always level up just doing rifts and maybe bounties for season journey and it takes like 5 hours. I'm always wondering what the hell people are doing when the first conquests pop up while I'm like level 55.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I'm definitely going to try this for once, usually I always level up just doing rifts and maybe bounties for season journey and it takes like 5 hours. I'm always wondering what the hell people are doing when the first conquests pop up while I'm like level 55.

Those dudes are on another level. I'm always fumbling around working on Chapters 1-4 of the journey when those achievements are broadcast. From looking at the bnet conquest records, seems those dudes only play to get those first and get to like paragon 1-400 and then call it a season. I'm not sure how they go about it but it's always intriguing.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Star Man posted:

Whenever You die the monster that killed you becomes a Nemesis. He then ports to one of your friend's games and is super strong.(noticed when I lock onto him his tagline is "killer of:Bansura" who is one of my friends) If he kills them he gets even stronger and ports to one of their friend's games (can be back to you) and so on up to 5 times or until someone kills him. I'm guessing because of the way friend's lists work on consoles is why he's not on PC. (Or maybe you have no friends... OR your friends don't die). He also doesn't pop up on hardcore because that wouldn't be fair.

Disclaimer: All this information is from light googling peppered with speculation.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

RodShaft posted:

Whenever You die the monster that killed you becomes a Nemesis. He then ports to one of your friend's games and is super strong.(noticed when I lock onto him his tagline is "killer of:Bansura" who is one of my friends) If he kills them he gets even stronger and ports to one of their friend's games (can be back to you) and so on up to 5 times or until someone kills him. I'm guessing because of the way friend's lists work on consoles is why he's not on PC. (Or maybe you have no friends... OR your friends don't die). He also doesn't pop up on hardcore because that wouldn't be fair.

Disclaimer: All this information is from light googling peppered with speculation.

It is a console exclusive feature, like dodge.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dameius posted:

It is a console exclusive feature, like dodge.

It will never stop being funny to me that this game launched with two damage-avoidance tools, and one of them straight-up did not work, making monks and DH's worthless for the first half of pre-RoS gameplay, and they.... still never fixed it, just did a workaround?

Dr. Krieger
Apr 9, 2010

LochNessMonster posted:

LoD darts is really fun and you just run and spam with the occasional soul harvest. WD in general has a bunch of fun builds, highly recommend the class if you've never played it before especially this season as they will have some great options to cube with all of their masks.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Dr. Krieger posted:

LoD darts is really fun and you just run and spam with the occasional soul harvest. WD in general has a bunch of fun builds, highly recommend the class if you've never played it before especially this season as they will have some great options to cube with all of their masks.
Gonna put Ukhapian Serpent and Homonculous in the cube and just spam Sacrifice stuns all day, add Thing from the Deep with Circle of Life.

Masks are cool but don't sleep on Mojos.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

Does Echoing Fury do anything useful if you're already using Frenzy on a barb?
It does, yup, although I imagine it's a touch harder to notice visually.

Shrecknet posted:

It will never stop being funny to me that this game launched with two damage-avoidance tools, and one of them straight-up did not work, making monks and DH's worthless for the first half of pre-RoS gameplay, and they.... still never fixed it, just did a workaround?
They're not talking about dodge the stat. That works, and has always worked, it was just bad design to have dex give dodge because it meant the dex classes had spiky RNG defense while the int and str classes had smoother constant defense.

No, there's an extra, active dodge roll ability in console D3 that everyone always has.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
This dodge also doesn't provide any invulnerability frames and is the same as just walking.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Suburban Dad posted:

Those dudes are on another level. I'm always fumbling around working on Chapters 1-4 of the journey when those achievements are broadcast. From looking at the bnet conquest records, seems those dudes only play to get those first and get to like paragon 1-400 and then call it a season. I'm not sure how they go about it but it's always intriguing.

I guy like bludshed could probably level 1 to 70 in his sleep in under two hours

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Vic posted:

This dodge also doesn't provide any invulnerability frames and is the same as just walking.

Does it go though enemies tho?

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

RodShaft posted:

Does it go though enemies tho?

No, but it autopaths in that direction. So you can squeeze past and around an enemy if there's a way. It's mostly useful for getting out of AOE attacks while mashing the buttons (your attacks get priority over movement, the console dodge overrides them)

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I only ever used it to avoid molten and cold explosions... Well and by accident like all the time.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The best thing about dodge roll is you can break doors with it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

RodShaft posted:

I only ever used it to avoid molten and cold explosions... Well and by accident like all the time.

I only ever used it by hitting it on accident because the switch joy cons are made for baby hands and turning sideways. Neither of which I have/do. The right stick's position is awful and I hate playing twin stick shooter type games with it.

Bust Rodd posted:

I guy like bludshed could probably level 1 to 70 in his sleep in under two hours

Two hours is about what I do, it's not too bad. Solo takes me way longer because I don't do the T6 cheesing cleavers thing.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Avalerion posted:

The best thing about dodge roll is you can break doors with it.

I remember the original necro trang'oul corpselancer build which had to use corpse lances to break doors. If you didn't have a corpse around you got stuck.

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I remember the original necro trang'oul corpselancer build which had to use corpse lances to break doors. If you didn't have a corpse around you got stuck.

Monsters who destroy heaven? no problem
I have no idea who the new bad guy is? pssh not even close
a flimsy wooden door? - welp, that's the end of me

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I've had to cancel my holiday because of some stupid RNA, so I guess I'll be running this season after all.

I like the IK Hammer build, so I'll probably go with that to start with

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I am literally allergic to mobs that run like Succubi and peons so gently caress melee builds that have to stop moving to attack. WW/Tempest Rush or ranged class for life

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Hey cool I will probably do some season stuff with my partner for the first time ever since doing the campaign like 2 years ago.

If we're extremely casual then we just start two new season characters in adventure mode and do the five quests in each act, right?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
If you are going to be suuuuper casual then:

1. Make your seasonal character
2. Jump into adventure mode
3. Exit and go do the challenge rift
4. Go back to adventure mode
6. Upgrade your vendors
7. Do rifts to 70

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I know people always talk about Rifts being the quickest way to level, but I prefer doing Quests.
It may be that you only focus on Quests in areas with high mob density, but the bonus XP you get for completing objectives does make a difference

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Are bounties called "quests" on Switch or is there an even weirder miscommunication happening?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Nope they're still bounties...

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

I never remember they're called bounties so I always call them quests when playing and trying to express to my friends I need Westmarch holy water or whatever. Don't worry, I know they aren't called quests, so I stumble over like 3 words before finally settling on "quests" so I look extra dumb.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I assumed they meant those popup quests like a npc says some lines then some enemies spawn and you get gold and xp. Doesn't seem like that should be effective as it stops your massacre bonus but dunno.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe they are an Aussie, and bounties over there are called “Questeri-doos”

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Alright. I have a group of 4 ready to roll for tonight to level to 70. 2-3 of us have loot goblin amiibo to use. When would be the best time? Early to get weapons to level, or middle to ease the progress, or at 70 to start our stockpile and get better weapons, or just of somebody needs gold or whatever? Since there's 4 of us I'd like to go in with a plan to kinda smooth things out.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Does the amiibo give you a vault when you use it? If yes, then I'd wait until either 70 or while you guys are leveling, but are all using lvl70 weapons.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah it gives you a portal to the Vault. You can use it once per account per day.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Is the blizzard launcher sleeping for anyone else?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

RodShaft posted:

Alright. I have a group of 4 ready to roll for tonight to level to 70. 2-3 of us have loot goblin amiibo to use. When would be the best time? Early to get weapons to level, or middle to ease the progress, or at 70 to start our stockpile and get better weapons, or just of somebody needs gold or whatever? Since there's 4 of us I'd like to go in with a plan to kinda smooth things out.

Assuming you guys saved the weekly challenge rift, you'll be able to craft reduced lvl req weapons. You'll be able to use lv 70 weapons possibly as early as lv 40. I might.....pop a vault around lv 35? If levelling is slowing down. I think doing one at lv 61 would be amazing for gems and possible DBs. I'd save the last vault for when someone in the group gets a big multiplier and you can pump the difficulty up for better loot and gold.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I'd pop one right away. Another you might save in case somebody gets custerian wristguards. Another at 70 for the gem (not sure it will drop before 70?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

Field Mousepad posted:

Is the blizzard launcher sleeping for anyone else?

Yeah same issue here

e:
... Err. Nevermind. It just came back up. There was an issue with authentication servers according to their customer support twitter.

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 13, 2020