Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Necro is probably going to be fine, after just dinging 70 and with mostly bad gear and no sets (some pieces sub lv70 but cubed trangoul scythe, mind you) and probably a bad build I'm doing T4-5 without issue. That's all on the trangoul scythe though, it makes all your curses Amp Damage but only for you - I can see a LoN build for necro being really strong with some of the effects on the legendaries working together - ring that boosts damage to slowed and cc'd targets, 50% damage reduction when an enemy has decrepify, trangoul scythe and gems on top of that etc.

Looking forward to the season!

Super high rifts will probably require some really specific gear but for what class is that not true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
also yay several minute wait time to even start a private game, now that's gaming in 2017!

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

DrSeRRoD posted:

You're not alone. The forums and the reddits are basically non-stop posts about skeletal mages and their "active gameplay" decisions. I doubt they will do what should have been done from the start with the design (IMO), but I think we may get a small bump in duration so you get an extra few seconds to loot before having to cast mages again. It's going to be annoying to play unless they bump the base skill from 6 seconds to 30-60 or something significant, and the ring gives 10-15 seconds instead of 2-4. We'll see on July 20th what final changes they make, if any. Those changes, or lack of changes, will probably determine how many necromancers we see in S11.

Either the mages would need to do a lot less damage but be "permanent" like the regular skellies or the damage should stay the same but the duration be at the VERY least doubled - if duration goes to 30+ seconds the damage prob needs to be reduced though. If they were permanent the damage bonus from the set could be similar to the damage reduction mechanic - like every time your minions hit something your overall damage increases by 25% for 10 seconds stacking up to like 3k% or whatever considering how often your minions would hit with that many out at once.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
a krysbins and/or a trag'oul scythe will take you through it pretty smoothly