Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Kobogartimer posted:

Necro is so weird. I have no sets, just hit 70 and in the highest grifts that I can barely survive in, casting Simulacra with the rune that doubles the power bar and a skeleton mage that eats the whole bar one-hits the rift guardians. :shobon:

You have no chance, Kakarot! I put all my power into this attack!

I'm just glad the necro is fun to level. Leveling a demon hunter was probably the least fun I've had since release, and what I was doing Monday. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Floppychop posted:

I just started playing this game and I'm like crusader.

This sounds like totally my jam.

Where can I go to find the build?

Akkhan set lets you use the +1 breath set while still turning all your attacks into chainsaws for low-mid torment. There's a weapon/shield set dedicated to the horsey. I use it with the "Justice spawns a hammer" belt and it mulches just about everything. Without much ancient gear. I stalled around T7 before needing to switch to Light (Hammerdin + Falling Sword) and while it explodes things to T13 and beyond, dear god is the lack of move skill a killer.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

flirty dental hygienist posted:

I bought the Diablo 3 battle chest last week and got my first character to 70 (Witch Doctor, super fun) and was thinking about rebirthing for this Season thing. If I rebirth, do I lose everything for all of my characters - gold, items, gear, blacksmith, gem guy, transmog, etc. So basically like starting a new account, or do I get to keep all of that and just reroll back to level 1? Sorry if this info was in the OP.

Seasonal characters, paragon levels, cube & crafting recipes, and storage are walled off from non-seasonal. You'll start the season naked and alone, like everyone else.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

exquisite tea posted:

Lightning was for trapsins, Meteorb Sorc for life.

Now that I think about it the visuals for MH Archon and trapsin are very similar, with the exception being that the Wiz herself is the trap.

You'll have to pry my Frozen Orb out of my cold, Frostburn covered hands.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Left Ventricle posted:

I was going to smugpost about all the babbies complaining about leveling seasonal characters, wherein I extol the virtues of
-Hellfire Ring (50%)
-Leoric's Crown in the cube with a Flawless Royal Ruby socketed into a Cain's set helm (82%)
-Cain's set (50%)
-RNGesus granting you the cow level rift (cow king event gives monstrous experience bonuses)
But then I remembered that seasonal characters all start naked and afraid and broke. :(

Leoric's crown is 100% drop on first Skeleton King kill in story mode, isn't it?

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Ok, where do I get Bob? Is he necro specific or a vanity pet?

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Larrymer posted:

I think I'll just shoot for leoric's crown at 0 and any other armors since blood shards will be few and far between.

This is a guaranteed drop on first kill of Skelly King during campaign. Or so I've been told. Worked for me, anyways.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Here's the update: I'm level 70

Please keep us appraised as the situation develops.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

Okay if a loving Manald Heal could drop, that'd be great. :mad:

Skull signet. This game needs fewer legendary rings.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice
How the heck are you guys getting the Breath to get all this gear? I'm pulling in maybe 100-150 an hour in T6 rifts. Hell, even that feels optimistic.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice
Someone posted/said she treats you as level 16 as a minimum.

Either way, it definitely works.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

dangerdoom volvo posted:

is necromacner worth buying?

Stash tabs alone sold some people. Corpse exploding my way to 70 was a good enough RoI for me. They're competitive, just don't expect a zoomancer.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

spit on my clit posted:

the gently caress am i supposed to do to complete the helltooth dungeon? uh, yeah, not taking poison damage is gonna be hard considering EVERYTHING I DO IS POISON, SO THERE'S GREEN ALL OVER THE loving PLACE. Also, "Kill 20 enemies with a single wall of death" does this mean...kill 20 enemies that are INSIDE a wall of death? or do i only kill them WITH wall of death? What the gently caress is with the vague rear end descriptions

edit: do i even get anything good from this

ahahahaha holy gently caress full helltooth makes me shred through everything on torment 5, even with two friends. im killing em all, bitch!!!

Wastes barbarian set requires you not to take physical damage and get rend off on a bunch of dudes multiple times. I want the Light set for paladins dungeon, that one was stupid easy.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Amaranth-1638/hero/88765778

I rolled the COE and traded out my Traveller's ring for it because I just couldn't DPS down gr64 fast enough. Now I'm getting pasted left and right. Someone tell me the path of least resistance to fix this, please.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

DrSeRRoD posted:

This week's Challenge Rift brings you a WD without spirit walk! It is very easy though since he has full helltooth, the right pet skills, and lots of density. Next week, sader with no horse? Stay tuned!

Hammer crusader has no horse. It is, in a word, miserable.

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Build X without Piece Y is not Build X

Yes, there is no variation on any build full stop. You'll note that very few actual builds exist on Icy Veins, as they have a habit of naming alternate gear, and that clearly is not possible.

Signed,

The 5,678th Barbarian on the Seasonal Ladder

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

Lunsku posted:

Any obvious improvements to go for here (Whirlwind Barb)? https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Lunsku-2293/hero/96903938

Currently pushing my death's breaths to upgrading 2h maces trying to hit Furnace for cube, and shards to helms and chests hunting for ancient Wastes pieces. Forgotten souls don't have and obvious sink I can think of now as I just reforged second weapon to ancient.

Farming T11, jumping that to T12 pretty soon, GR's at 58 or so. Gem mix feels okay, Taeguk and Bane of the Stricken feel unreplaceable, the third one has been either Esoteric Alteration or Pain Enhancer.

Contemplating changing the rings out for ~something~, have several CoEs and SoJs out that feel most tempting - unfortunately none ancient. The miser Blackthorne's amulet is a bit odd I know but simply don't have currently amulet that I feel could easily replace that for the pure stats.

Edit: Also thinking trying some stat/item mix to lower cooldowns, mostly for trying to having t at least semi-permanent barbarian steroids up. Wrath of the Berserker is every time such massive boost.

This is what got me through GR70: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Amaranth-1638/hero/88765778

People will tell you a lot to drop Stricken, but I agree with Icy Veins on it - you're an absurdly good DPS vs groups of enemies, but single targets are a bitch, which Stricken is better for. I find stomp super useful against RGs for the stun, and against everything else just to keep things gathered up. Pride of Cassius, a hellfire with Tough as Nails, and accepting I needed diamonds turned the 60's around for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

College Slice

^burtle posted:

They straight up include dialogue that says, "Then Diablo is out there again somewhere" when you finish Act 5, so D4 is inevitable.

HL 2 ep3 confirmed.