Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
not high up there yet but so far natalyas has not been fun, kinda regretting going with DH but gonna stick with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
whats a good item to be gambling on as a DH? I only have the season set, doing fairly well just wanna make sure im not wasting shards on trying to get belts lol

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
That is a great ui i had no idea there were ui mods for this game

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Don't think I've ever done a HC run proper in this, what's a good HC build for a quick 70 and some GR climb before the season is up? I was thinking necro corpse lance or demon hunter but idk any DH builds right now...I hate turrets.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I will enjoy the new diablo game

This is the way.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Shadow Warrior 2 is completely mindless and I recommend playing it on mute and skipping every cutscene while listening to podcasts if you want to play it. 1 and 3 are much better but they're basically straight up linear fps games. I was also a big fan of the first Darksiders since it was like an unsubtle mix of god of war and zelda so i felt like adding a loot system was not needed in the sequel. Ppl loved it though.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
If Diablo 4 is just Diablo 3 but slightly nicer looking I'd be happy. Large maps with mounts is kinda hmmm idk and I hope it ships with necro. That's about the sum of where my thoughts are with it lol.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Bust Rodd posted:

Maybe it’s because I just don’t play any of the games in the genre but what I specifically want from Diablo 4 is “basically Diablo 3 but with prettier graphics and less emphasis on class set bonuses” and I’ll be thrilled if that’s all it is.

I’ve played Diablo 3 for like 3,000 hours, I’m prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt

Pretty much the same. I'm one of those ppl who actually didn't care for PoE's art style, even now though I'll admit that the sequel looks absolutely amazing and much better. I used to play Titan Quest but I haven't gone back in a decade and while I do like Grim Dawn, it reminds me of D2 in a weird way. Like it's charming but rough. I bounce off it after a little while.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Apex is like my big game rn so I'm really grateful that after you drop that intial $10 on a battlepass so long as you complete each BP you can afford to get the next one without putting down more cash. I actually couldn't play for like a year but when I came back I had enough from the last BP i finished to get the most recent one.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I'll just wait for them to remove AH and add necro before I buy :bang:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Tokubetsu posted:

I'll just wait for them to remove AH and add necro before I buy :bang:

one finger curled hurrah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xam1qjx2iw

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Mesadoram posted:

Idk, D4 looks so... blah. I kinda feel depressed after watching that.

I was one of the few who didnt hate the art style or color in D3 so I feel you lol but I do like the character models here and overall grounded armor design.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Predictions:

* D4 will be some kind of hybrid MMO/ARPG more akin to Lost Ark than a traditional Diablo game.
* The beta will consist of only the early game experience, which will be exciting and incredibly polished. This will lead to a similarly polished but ultimately very shallow endgame.
* It will have one or more ways to directly or indirectly turn real life money into player power.
* Everyone will buy it regardless, and Blizzard will make a lot of money.

My mind immediately jumped to some kinda Destiny style scenario. We're gonna be running dungeon parties and world boss runs. Destiny also has a shop but its mostly cosmetics iirc. The season pass in that is also mostly cosmetics and then they shower you with resources/mats and gear a little early.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

I said come in! posted:

Diablo IV will hopefully have a much better main story since the Blizzard old guard responsible for all of the terrible writing, is gone now and outed as the sex pest weirdos that they were. Although it wouldn't surprise me if there is no improvement either.

my only story hope is that they dont revive diablo and just have lilith be the big nasty now

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Here is some color:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiPTEslP2GE

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Orc Priest posted:

Speaking of Crusader, if the class comes back in Diablo 4 I hope they completely rework it. D3 crusader was boring as hell. I didn't play Lost Ark for long but their Paladin was super fun.

I actually saw an interesting yt comment that mentioned how there aren't any "holy" classes in D4 and were wondering if thats a lore/story reason.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I also really dont want another turret sentry dh style thing in this. That season or couple seasons where turret DH was like the build if you wanted to stop rifts was horrible for me. Just so stupid, I hate it on principle. I'm not playing an ARPG to drop turrets.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Suburban Dad posted:

There's a ton of builds for each class. Play a different build or class? You're not forced into playing something you don't like. :wtc: I agree that marauders isn't really that fun and clunky, though.

I mean I did, im just saying it sucks because DH are cool and sentries are antithesis of cool. Diablo should be prioritizing cool at all times.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Cyrano4747 posted:

Speaking of good older ARPGs, reading this thread got me to go do another play-through of Grim Dawn. About half way through and can confirm: game still good.

I keep forgetting to grab the DLCs every time it goes on sale.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Coquito Ergo Sum posted:

I started on Path of Exile for that and even though it's pretty fun it kind of sucks to get super sick gear for every class except the one I'm playing.

thanks for triggering d3 inferno flashbacks

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Mailer posted:

*points to the stack of extra controllers purchased due to sales sitting next to the pile of "one bit broke" controllers used to salvage parts for the rest*

Believe me I know. We wound up throwing out my wife's old 360 controllers due to lack of compatibility, but those things are solid as hell. There's probably six or so xbone/xbsex controllers floating around and they all still work flawlessly. Every DS4 has the rubber stick covers wear out, or the triggers die, or the buttons get mashed in. Bayonetta on xbox may have had me in pain for a week but that controller still worked until the day we threw it out with our final 360.

Unfortunately, aside from the Steamdeck, the world has largely decided on the xbox layout and it actively induces pain in my left arm to use them for more than a few minutes without an extended break. The DS5s are tilted so much towards the triggers that L1/R1 feel uncomfortable. It sucks that the best controller fit for me has to be the one that dies if you sneeze at it... but welp.

i dont think it's out yet but hyperkin has a licensed 360 controller replica on the way:
https://twitter.com/Hyperkin/status/1595115893708636160?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I just beat original Diablo over the past few days and it is an entirely different gameplay experience than later Diablo-type games. It’s all about making sure not to pull too many monsters at once and going slowly and methodically. It’s a real pain in the rear end after not having touched it in about twenty years.

Diablo 2 feels modern by comparison, but boy oh boy does the inventory space feel limited. The more I play these old Diablo games the more I appreciate Diablo 3.

After I beat D2 I suppose I’ll mess with the mobile phone game, that way Diablo 3 feels even better.

OG diablo definitely feels like a survival horror game and its because of how it plays lol