Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I pretty much hadn't played the game since RoS came out, I hopped back in with necro and I'm having the time of my life.

I hit 70 this afternoon, and I don't know exactly what everyone is talking about with cubes and grifts but I found a neat semi-melee build that comfortably solos T3 rifts in my mishmash of random oranges, so I'm pretty happy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What's the best way to get crafting mats for working the cube and retooling legendary poo poo?

For the act-specific mats, you'll want to run bounties on as high a difficulty as you can comfortably and quickly pull off.

For death's breaths and forgotten souls (from salved legendaries), join a T13 group doing rifts and gobble them up from elite packs.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Finished my Rathma's set, got the ring that doubles my mages, and got the scythe and shield combo.

I am a monster.

If only I could get that stupid loving belt though!

The belt doesn't matter so much, because to properly utilise it with Rathma's, you need to swap out one of your slots for Decripify, which means losing out on a) mobs dying at 15% HP, plus 15% bonus damage from summons, b) a great, versatile movement skill, or c) the ability to devour corpses for essence.

The only way I can see around this is slotting the cube ability that makes your Cursed Scythe apply all curses, but even then it's pretty iffy in terms of large scale mob application.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Tensokuu posted:

Trying to figure out what I should attempt to reforge on these:

That is, if I should gamble to try and reroll any of it.

I think I only had to gamble through like 15 rings before I got that necromancer ring. It's really amazing.

I'd imagine resource cost, because all your mages are going to be Singularity anyway, so you'll be draining your essence to zero regardless.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Nuebot posted:

You can do that? Every time I try it just makes me click on the portal. Maybe I'm not being specific enough, will give it a try next time. I made it up to GR 65 before stopping. Deffo can make 70.

You're... you're closing them first, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Rinkles posted:

I wasn't trying to impress anyone, I am bad at videogames. I was trying to see what I was missing. And having completed the season journey I get the loop. With Kanai's cube suddenly almost every legendary is exciting, all the different armor sets are for looking cool even if you don't want their stats, Paragon levels improve you into infinity, and rifts give you a whole new avenue of power. You're incentivized to keep upping the difficulty for faster leveling and better drop rates (though it seems the basic mats drop in more or less the same quantities).

This is an extremely fancy way of saying "get drunk and listen to music but with something to do while you hear it instead of sitting on your couch and staring at the wall".