Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:
I think I got 4/6 pestilence set (which i want to main) but the game gave me full inarius set first. MAKE PESTILENCE GREAT AGAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

mewse posted:

Any idea why icy veins says to wear a 1h+shield when you could wield the 2h scythe and all abilities are based on weapon dmg

for which set? From what i've seen/heard the weapon set is crucial for Rathma's, but Reilana's crowhook is for Trag and Inarius, while the Sickle(spelling?) of the Cycle and Lost time offhand are BiS for pestilence

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

oh, i'm doing an Inarius BONESTOOOOOOOOORM with Reilana's shadowhook. All I need are Dayntee's Binding and Krysbin's Sentence to wear and wisdom of Kalan to cube

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Star Man posted:

Does the Tra(n)g'Oul set turn you into a vampire and bug your casting speed to something really low, but let you cast fire spells without synergies that make them essentially worthless?

No, you spend more health for health casters but they do more damage and you get a shitton of healing bonuses

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

explosivo posted:

The Inarius Bone Storm build seems pretty fun on paper. It also seems like he'll have no problems keeping up with an Impale DH zipping through a GR from pack to pack, which is a plus. The hardest thing now in my group is figuring out how we gear up efficiently when we all want to play Necro :(

Edit: Has anyone else tried the challenge rift? What is the deal with that? Why was it incredibly easy? I'm not complaining about the mats, but it just seemed weird because I thought it was going to be challenging but wasn't even remotely so.

It's easy because Impale DH's are OP as gently caress

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Star Man posted:

gently caress this poo poo im out

Have fun shitposting in your other threads, we won't miss you

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

BobbyK posted:

It was a diablo 2 joke that you missed

No, I get it, it's just every post from Star Man in the other D3 thread was a bunch of shitposts.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

explosivo posted:

How does the CE build handle long rift guardian fights with no adds? Wouldn't that mean your main damage dealer is effectively useless without adds to generate corpses?

pretty sure CE builds are more of a group thing but usually CE builds use the golem that poops corpses. Also the Molting rune for Blood Rush

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

explosivo posted:

Makes sense, so mostly LOTD with CDR stacks to shorten the time on that while your party wails away.

I can't believe I forgot about this too

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Star Man posted:

I"m just moonlighting as people that can't tolerate the new and are mad that the necromancer pack isn't hitting them in the nostalgia.

Like I said, shitposting.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Maybe i'm just bad, or too used to BONESTORM Inarius but the other sets seem pretty meh to me. i've never needed a ring as bad as I need Krysbin's Sentence though.

Is it just me being bad with any other set other than Inarius, or does that seem to be like the best set right now?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Fried Watermelon posted:

Does Tasker and Theos gloves 50% increase attack speed for pets work on the necro pets?

Tasker and Theo is the required armor cube power for Rathma's from what I hear.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I need the Johnstone neck and that sentence ring, then i'll probably gently caress around with Trag'oul's

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

DrSeRRoD posted:

Nothing we can do about mages for now, but make sure you're using the Jesseth Arms set with Rathma's since it auto-commands your skeletons constantly and you just have to hit it once until everything nearby is dead.

Edit: This could be a useful link for the OP since it covers the Armory and Crafting UI

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/20597130/first-look-patch-250-3-16-2017

yeah, the Jesseth's weapon +shield set is crucial for Rathma builds. I need another shadowhook to cube or my rathma's, as well as a Tasker and Theo

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

From what I've seen trag'oul's uses this set up: blood rune corpse spear left click, blood rush right click, 1: Devour with the one that gives you max health, 2: corpse pooping golem, 3: Decredify with dizzying curse, and 4: LoTD, frozen lands

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

George posted:

Sounds like Necro rings are good enough to preclude Endless Walk. What amulets are people using, since the Necro passives are all trash?
i think 3/4 sets use the endless walk set with Krysbin's sentence. I know for my Inarius that's the last ring i need.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Plavski posted:

Am i in the 1% for thinking $15 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things?

I would have paid $15 for the two stash tabs themselves.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yup. When you spend more time summoning 10 mages constantly than you do cursing enemies, commanding your skeletons, commanding your golem, and attacking or looting with your character, there's something wrong. Also, Rathma's can run the decrepify belt and endless walk set for damage reduction. You'll probably have to use Unity and the mage ring on a finger and the other in the cube though as even high-end Inarius runs Unity. Because you have pets as "tanks", the majority of your damage reduction is basically damage avoidance; casting curse and command from afar and waiting for things to die as you summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage to keep your bonus at max capacity so your skeletons can ki...woops they're gone, time to summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage summon mage again.

I wanted to like RAthma's but Blizz seems to have a hard on for Inarius being the only easiest as it's laughably OP for how easy it is to gear

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Plavski posted:

So far the only really smooth build I've found is the Mirinae Bone Armor one. Which doesn't bode well as it will probably be nerfed before it hits live.

But it already IS live

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

GreatGreen posted:

I don't think $15 is too much. For as many hours as I've put into this game and as many as I'll put in with the Necro alone, it feels about right.
I think there are just some people who are primed and ready to complain about every little thing no matter what it is.

If the pack was free you'd still get people complaining that we didn't get enough extra stash tabs or something.

Imagine how much worse the bitching would be if this was a Bioware game

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

explosivo posted:

Would like to see a counter that shows how many corpses there are within range. I'm kind of spamming Corpse Lance at all times because once at GR70 it's really hard to see corpses when there's huge masses of enemies around.

Use Land of the Dead, for a little bit you don't have to worry about corpses

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

veedubfreak posted:

I'm almost afraid they're going to nerf the inarius set before season. It's good, and by being good, it is ni the line of site for nerfs.

I mean, it's laughably, stupidly OP for how easy it is to gear

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

MMAgCh posted:

I'm not sure how anyone could've realistically expected the necromancer to run around with the better part of two dozen minions at all times. There's no way that having God knows how many skeletons active at the same time wouldn't be a complete clusterfuck in a game that already gets pretty busy visually in combat, too much so at times. At least the WD's fetishes are comparatively tiny.

you do know that your pets are drat near invisible for other players now and visual clusterfucks of skeletons were all part of the Necro's charm in D2

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Malgrin posted:

There's an item that spawns a goblin who picks them up, gives rares and rarely a legendary.

if you use a puzzle ring for anything other than a vault run, you need to quit playing D3

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

exquisite tea posted:

Inarius is good but it's nowhere near even Hammerdin, Manald Wiz, or Bellmonk, which have only gotten stronger for several patches in a row.

while that is true, it's easily the best Necro set in terms of how easy it is to gear up and play. I wanted pestilence to be great but maybe i just suck at playing it.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I've been having the most trouble getting a tasker and theo, once I'm on a class that needs it I never see it, but on my seasonal DH I got like 3 guess I should have kept one.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Neep posted:

What’s going to be a good solo season character for a dirty casual like me?

Ideally I’d like the cosmetic and stash rewards. I’m going to be starting a bit late too (August 1st, current on vacation).

I have decent paragon but never did a season before.

WW barb? Wiz?

Demon Hunter, Crusader, Monk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

euphronius posted:

I played a bunch of necro and I think it's too many buttons.

Too much to keep track of . It's like an advanced class.

Lol what, Inarius is literally Decrepify , then bone armor then profit