Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cube two handed maces on an int character and it'll show up pretty fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
[quote=""Blizzard" post="]
Fueled By Death
The movement speed bonus from this passive can now exceed the 25% cap
[/quote]

This is all I've ever wanted. I can't wait for this patch.

Also a tremendous lol at "Djank Mi'Eme" being a new Blood Shard vendor ha ha ha

This patch is very exciting, but something about it just screams "Death Knell". I could easily see this being the last balance patch of 2017, given how much this promises to shake things up. Just looking over it, one thing this does is boost all my farming specs hard. I could be speeding through TXIII with Sage's on after this no doubt.

Weirdly, there are no changes to Legendary gems here, lame, Mirinae stays sandboxed forever.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Waiting for Primal anything is not recommended, Augment away

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I had to take a break after 5 seasons of HC, and it's crazy how in one season of SC my seasonal account is miles and miles ahead of my launch SC account. Not losing all your progress when you die is like a massive boost, who knew?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL at the thread title.

Ok so now my S11 roster is:

Manald Orb Archon (seriously I swapped to Arcane Orb for speed rifts and MAN is it fun)
Norvauld/Sage/Akhan Super Speedfarm//Bounty Buster
Inarius LazyStorm
LoN Barber

Holy cow I love Diablo. Can't waait for Season 12, that's gonna be a fun weekend.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Not trying to state the obvious here, but you are upgrading 2h flails to get the Flense, right?

Yeah I know RNG is RNG, but I made 3 Flenses while crafting a Norvauld's Fervor, according to the wiki its really not that rare, so I was just about post this.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

exquisite tea posted:

Every 100 paragon levels takes as much EXP to get to as all your previous paragon levels to that point.

So if my NS account has 700 paragon and my seasonal account has 700 paragon, after the season I'll have 800 paragon?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LoL I love that there is a steep curve in Diablo where you are basically trying to become indistinguishable from botting without actually botting.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's honestly kind of sloppy how command skeletons has illustrated that dogs and gargs should both work this way and probably honestly fetish army as well.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
^^dude put tasker & Theo in your cube immediately, and take off t-pledge in favor of the bone armor necklace or a hellfire, without a compass rose it's just a Blackthornes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
While we're wishing on stars I think we should get a Gift for totally completing the seasons journey.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I think having 3,000,000 health is fun but a 10 pack of 620 Essence Singularity mages just deleting everything on screen in my GR 75 is probably the coolest thing I've ever done in Diablo. I finally completed my seasonal Softcore journey, got my gems up to 70 and have about 650 Paragon. Probably gonna finish my farm crusader until he can run TXIII with Sages on but holy heck am I ready for season 12 to be awesome.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Esroc posted:

Well if Kadala keeps "rewarding" me with garbage I'm going to invent a way to inhabit video games and change humanity forever with this amazing technology just so I can go to Tristram and stab her in the loving face.

If it's any consolation, Hammerdin is the squishiest build and you'd probably have RIPped soon!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Actually pretty much every LoN build minus LoN can do it. I have personally done this conquest with a barb and a crusader in all yellows and I've seen a wizard do it in all yellows first hand.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Hey so I'm getting to a point where i can solo 105 rifts pretty quick. What tips do you guys have for pushing past the plateau so to speak?

Grind up your gems in a 4-Man, Augment all your gear. You are basically at the "grinding for single percentage upgrades" point

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just watched a dude push a 110 as Captain America (Jenkanboard+Gyrrfalcon's Foot + Akhans) so my bet is "Whichever build does the best job of using Champion of Akkharat".

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You numlock the mages so that you can fill up your essence, release the button, max essence singularity mage will auto cast, then start clicking again to stop the auto cast and refill your essence.

Once you get the rhythm down and you build momentum you can just kind of run in a straight line and your constantly respawning max singularity mages just wash over the screen. It's a weird thing to get used to but it's pretty cool when it gets going.

Honestly it's really not that much better than just doing things manually and I never numlock because I hate the omnipresent red text in the middle of my screen

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Sep 3, 2017

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I recommend going Witch Doctor because Arachyr is the best speedfarming build out of those Haedrig sets and all the extra ain't Gear will boost your inevitable Necromancer alt.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You might be lagging because no one uses mirinae anymore. Toxin + Pain enhancer is like 90% of your damage

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Are you factoring in the increased attack speed from the Command Skeleton's Jesseth's buff into these equations? I imagine that attack speed is huge when you got 10 maxed singularity mages.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I could have sworn they started attacking faster when the gold border is up but I guess I just totally made that up.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
LOL @ Season 11 being the most anticipated Diablo 3 event in years due to necromancer and now we're all just loving sick of it and chomping at the bit to go back to normal playing as monks and witch doctors again.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This is the patch to go back to your first live and fall in love all over again...

Or it's the season to pick whichever the best speedfarm set for haedrig's is.

So for both counts I'm going Witch Doctor because super chicken is probably the fastest build in the game and with the buffs I expect I'll be able to speedfarm TXIII like it's nothing

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Rhykker and Bludshed have the worst grasp of game mechanics of any major streamers for the game. All of Bludshed's builds come from fans in his stream and Rhykker just crunched numbers without playing the game and then doesn't update himself based on how the game works, he just is maybe the biggest Blizzard nerd on Earth

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He jumped to WoW because they have new content every year and he's been running D3 since launch.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Node posted:

So I was stuck at grift 90 and decided it was time to grind out augmenting all of my ancient gear. 9 pieces at 400 intelligence each. 3600 extra intelligence. Plus, I got a couple minor upgrades gear wise while doing it. That should bump me up a few levels at least, right?

Nope. I still can't do anything past 90. I'm throwing a temper tantrum. gently caress this game I'm going back to My Little Pony mobile games.

Not being rude, but this seems like it means
A) your playstyle is the issue

B) if you are a current season barb, this is basically your cap and you just really won't get further.

If we know your build we might be able to give better advice.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I appreciate that while set pieces are the letter of the law "Take this lovely item and break it" is the spirit

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I would have never learned how cool monks were if I hadn't had a near perfect ancient Fist of Az drop on my crusader.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Always be dodging bro, and keep your eyes peeled for a pair of Unity rings, one for you and your followe. It's probably still the single greatest defense boost a solo player can provide for themselves.

Other than that make sure your two buffs are always on and just constantly be tumbling when you aren't throwing knives to proc all your defense boosts.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

I think I've got most of these covered.

When I go down its usually from a sudden spike of damage. I was wondering if there's something I could do statwise. Like I'm not sure whether to up paragon resistances before armor, or use vitality gems instead of resistance ones.

you can't realistically stack enough vitality to not get one shot without your buffs as a DH and that only becomes more true, so diamonds beat out amethysts in almost every case.

I mean this as helpfully as possible: are your spell effects turned all the way up? Sometimes a coldsnap or a lightning ball will proc and if your spell effects are down maybe you might not be able to see it as well before you die?

Added sVr to the OP, he's streaming WoW ATM, man that game hasn't really changed at all in the 10 years I been gone really. if anyone finds any other good D3 streamers post em up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

Am I correct in thinking that the DH's growth of power way outpaces their defense's?

this is true of every build in D3. The ultimate playskill in D3 is positioning, and this is the reason that zero-damage support classes focus on grouping up mobs and crowd-control for their groups, so that everyone else can run a glass cannon all damage build without worrying that they'll take a literal billion damage from a stray bee sting

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
[quote="“Toshimo”" post="“477124463”"]
BTW, if you ever needed evidence that the game is so far into maintenance mode that Blizz forgets its even part of the company, Area Damage is still a Paragon category.
[/quote]

Area Damage is a useful stat in many builds I really don't get your point...

But if you think Diablo 3 suffers because you get your own items now instead of selling your lovely ones to buy the best ones from Chinese farming//AH Baron companies then I doubt we really like the same things about the game at all.

I played from Launch for a while and then quit when I realized I would never ever be able to keep up without the auction house, and the removal of the AH and subsequent introduction of smart loot absolutely saved the game.

Like everyone who liked the AH usually follows it up with "I was botting on like 5 accounts, I made so much money!" and I'm always like "LoL that's what Diablo is to you, that sucks."

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ummm, I might be crazy but isn't a big part of this incoming patch changing the way a lot of abilities work so the exact thing you just said won't happen anymore//happen way less?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No they just released the Necromancer in such as state that they now have to make every class at least as good as them.

Which is why Patch 12 is psyching everyone up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
[quote="“Rinkles”" post="“477173237”"]
Minor QoL improvement I’d like: some sort of indicator that you’ve already extracted an item’s Cube power. Also make Bounty waypoints appear immediately, ffs.

I finally got an ancient HPS. It’s pretty bad (every roll is in the lower bound) but better than what I had previously (like I mentioned before, I accidentally salvaged my old okay one). What should I reroll?

Area Damage to Critical Chance?
[/quote]

The orange diamond by the legendary affix in an items text box will appear solid if you have cubes it or hollown if you haven't.

For example I can tell that you have Holy Point Shot in your cube because the diamond is solid in that image.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
[quote="“Rinkles”" post="“477173341”"]
Haha, I was wondering what that indicated. Thanks.
[/quote]

Dude we were screaming hallelujah from the mountains in this thread when someone figured that out. I seem to recall it wasn't even listed in the patch notes at the time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bluddshed and Dropaduski both have EXCELLENT starter build guides for the upcoming season, Blud has them for 3-4 classes already and Drop is gonna go Barb this season I think because of how quickly they can get TXIII on farm.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it really bears mentioning that for the first time since launch you can basically play whatever you want and it’ll all pretty much be great

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Make a LVL 1 Necro and gamble rings until you get the Skelton mage ring, there really isn’t a single stronger upgrade than that it’s it’s thankfully easy to farm.

Once you get that, cube it and try farming a regular krysbins and then Craft/gamble for tasker and theo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This conquest is approximately a billion percent easier with goons, if you still want help tonight I have like 5 different speed builds on this season I can help you with

Just paying it forward, I got my full season journey just knocking out conquests with goons.