Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m rubbish at parsing patch notes, will this be a good season to summon a bunch of archery ghosts and have them mow everyone down like they were Leonidas at the end of 300?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Give me 6 gigantic heat seeking missile dogs, please

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This guy gets it

drat I just realized this season sucked so bad I didn’t even update the OP, lol, I’ll def clean it up for this super season though

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jul 11, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve solo’d Boss Mode many times, it’s super duper easy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can’t you also easily craft a cow bardiche as a level 1 Barb or monk or something?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would rather cut off one of my fingers and eat it than grind out 10,000 bounties.

Like I’ve been playing since launch and I’ve maybe done 5,000 in my life, but probably not even half that many.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 17, 2022

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Whenever I do group bounties I just go do every boss fight by myself while the plebs do the busy work and then I usually go and run the Act V mission that always requires you to run through the whole city and the bounties are usually done by now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

bamhand posted:

No worse than running T16 rifts or 90-110+ speeds imo.

It’s a completely different game mode that requires spending as much time in your fast travel map menu as you spend clicking on demons. That sucks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Goldwrap is the only one of those that I use on every class every season, so there is my vote.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I lost all my cosmetics when I swapped from PC to Switch. Not being able to merge accounts is such donkey diarrhea

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ll worry about the cool pay to play cosmetics when I’m at max level running the highest endgame content and think that I might stick with the game after all. Selling $10 costume packs or special pets has absolutely no impact on me or my enjoyment of the game u less I feel like I need to look a certain way, which Diablo 1-2 weren’t about at all. It was only Diablo 3’s emphasis on class sets and transmogs that made our PCs look cool.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

big cummers ONLY posted:

While I accept paid cosmetics, I don't agree with arguments defending them. I miss having a game I paid for once, and then I can just enjoy it and not worry about balancing FOMO for a connected product upgrade vs spending more of my increasingly limited games budget. I don't care that cosmetics do not influence gameplay. if something looks cool, I want it, and it sucks that I am being tempted to spend more money at all. I've already spent the money and now is the dopamine time.

There are a variety of arguments for why this is a "me" problem and not the game's fault but I don't care about them because my bottom line is that I don't want to feel a sense of incompleteness in a game that cannot be remedied unless I fork over money. I want a complete game. Design that creates that empty feeling to drive additional sales is bad for the consumer and every argument for why it should exist just sounds like copium to me. That's my hot take, ty for reading

You should really check out Outriders.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

big cummers ONLY posted:

Just pulled up a giant bomb quick look of it, thanks! What do you like most about it?

It’s a 3rd person shooter in a nice and unique sci-fi setting with its own sense of attitude and style and decent TLC impelling characters, but with the Itemization and build crafting of Diablo 3. It’s Diablo 3 DNA is extremely front and center and they are very clear about wanting to do exactly what you want ie “we want to release a fully feature complete game with ZERO micro-transactions”. The recent expansion added basically Greater Rifts and Paragon levels and like 100 new items. My brother and I played it together for like 400 hours. I just love the build diversity, itemization, and the armor design is so sick all my characters look so dope.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Don’t buy Outriders if you want a diverse gameplay experience. Do buy Outriders if you and your friends want to absolutely destroy aliens and mutants with lightning and fire and earthquakes and time travel magic and absolutely sick magic guns while looking completely sick as gently caress.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I mean the thing about Outriders is that it only does what it does. It doesn’t do anything outside of “create dude, equip dude, shoot the dudes, loot the dudes” but I don’t need it to be another Destiny 2 or Diablo 3 or Anthem. The powers are cool, the guns are cool, and there are no MTX, you just buy the game (and the one xpansion that is basically it’s version of Reaper of Souls) and you can get 50-100 hours out of it, maybe more if you get into it. I am not saying that it’s the best looter shooter ever, I’m just saying that it knows exactly what it’s trying to do and does it as well as anything else in the genre does.

I promise you’ve spent time playing way worse video games that weren’t as balanced or fun to play as Outriders. If you’ve got Game Pass just try it for free, one of the things I really love about Outriders is that you can start build crafting immediately, no need to wait until max level or endgame to start juggling mods and balancing stats or upgrading your loot.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah if Outriders were just two seasons of a cool Canadian science fiction TV show it would be as beloved as Stargate or Farscape or any of those 90’s/00’s sci-fi dramas, it’s the same kind of casting/vibes except a little doomy//gloomy

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I haven’t played a Crusader in years, so it’s time to get the lads together and go for a pony ride.

Updating OP this evening, are there good goon write ups of the new game mode, nightmare whatever’s? I want to add it to the OP but I haven’t done any of them and don’t know what they are. Anything else worth adding?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
What should I be doing as a crusader to MinMax myself starting off and making it as painless as possible?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
‘Ey Switch goons, it’s my weekend and I’m gonna need a pwr lvl for my Barbarian, who I’ve determined will be my seasonal toon, because it’s easier to roll Barb and get my WW gear and then farm for my Crusader than I think it’ll be to get Roland’s as my freemium set

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Thanks once again to the indelible RodShaft and his Battle-Boy Max for taking my Barbian from lvl 6 to Paragon 130 in about 20 minutes and giving me a set of T16 bounty bags as a send off. The absolute easiest start to a season, would recommend!!!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Bounties are more annoying than set dungeons, IMO.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If you all LOVE bounties so much why don’t you go and MARRY THEM!?!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
One thing that makes Boss Mode super easy to solo is to do Urzael, Adria, Maltheal, Diablo, Ghom, and Azmodan first because they are the furthest from their way points

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Can I have more than one Crucible Item equipped?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just used like 80% of the items from the S-tier LoD build for Barbarians and breezed through the 45 without breaking a sweat.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
On switch, if you have cap shards or close to the cap and the amount of shards that drops in a rift is more than you have room for you won’t pick them up, u have to leave and go spend some and come back.

It’s so sick that I can just sit in my car on my lunch break and play Diablo because the wi-fi gets all the way out here.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Not really sure what those of you expecting a wild departure from Diablo 3 we’re hoping to get. Diablo 2 was iterative of Diablo, and Diablo 3 was merely an interaction on Diablo 3. Diablo IV was only ever going to be an evolution of the existing formula, not a significant departure.

Also post about it as much as you like, your Battle Net accounts aren’t traced to your SA accounts, as long as you don’t post vids or screenshots you can post whatever you want.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

pmchem posted:

I haven't played this game in years but have a 700+ paragon non-seasonal character that I would like to play again.

Can someone please highlight the biggest changes of the past ~2 years for non-seasonal stuff? Like, things they added in seasons that still persist or can be found in non-seasonal mode? I'm not even sure where to look. The official site doesn't have a good summary of current itemization / mechanics.

Honestly you’ll have a way easier time just going to this website: https://maxroll.gg/d3/ and picking your class and just following a guide. They have seasonal and non-seasonal guides and each build guide has a section detailing weird interactions or hidden mechanics. If you follow the guide to get your build and items up to date then everything else will just occur naturally as you play, you really can’t miss out on anything as long as you remember to check your consumables pouch for random little greebos that they’ve added to the game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
You can find all the discords and D3 communities by just googling “Diablo 3 Reddit power level”, that’s what I used to do before I stopped playing HC because I realized I’d been playing for a decade and… didn’t have any characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
People who intentionally make their characters in video games look dumb and people who give their characters silly names may as well be a different species of animal for how much that makes sense to me. No matter what kind of game I’m playing that sort of thing just demolishes my immersion completely. I’m absolutely thrilled at the proliferation of transmog in modern RPGs