Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
Definitely not playing crusader again next season... what a slog that was. Think I'll play wizz, monk, and maybe barb if there's time (there's never time). If Necro goes on sale I'll definitely give that a shot, though it doesn't seem as cool as I'd hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
D3 launch was a fun experiment in bad game design, and horrible storytelling gone awry, and probably the worst game I've ever bought that I still semi-regularly play. Words can't describe it... I can't actually think of any other game sequel that was that disappointing.

At launch, it took me until the end of act 4 to get a magic ring that had more than a socket in it, and then I beat Diablo in the worst boss fight ever, and then stopped playing for 3 years. The team who improved it are legends and it's crazy to think it's actually somewhat enjoyable now. But those little fly enemies that shoot out even littler flies as their attack, and the nightmare/knockback champion effects, and how teleport is super nerfed, basically all of the boss fights.... there's still plenty of dumb things to frown about.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
You'll need a unity for you, and one for your follower, as well as the 'follower cannot die' legendary trinket. It's the quickest way to get a lot of toughness (it halves damage), but getting this setup is usually where I stop playing for the season since it never drops for me, let alone twice, and farming mats is boring...

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
Yeah, dumb of me to have overlooked that. However to be fair I haven't played barb in a long time.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
This is the first season in a long time I'm close to getting the stash tab, and I even got an ancient primal I'll actually use on my first GR 70. Started with a Thorns/Invoker crusader but switched to WW barb which is way better and decently fun to play. Got Curses thanks to a helpful pubbie, just need to do the gems, augment, and goblin vault and then I can log off till next season. I really hate set dungeons still but thanks to the goon who said IK is easy.

I might start every season with a barb from now on.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Apparently Diablo: Immortal is out on Mobile and playable, like right now.

This is going to be awesome in the worst way, maybe even better than launch D3.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
Get some legendaries, use whatever skills they boost, then do a greater rift to get the legacy of dreams gem and throw the half set in storage until you want to use the relevant skills/it's complete. In seasons past, when my damage was sucking too hard to finish a T1 rift I would do bounties instead until I scraped together enough half decent gear to speed up, moreso because I am always perverse enough to not use haedrig's gift. With a little bit of optimizing and the legacy of dreams gem you should be able to hit t4 at a good pace much more quickly than with a partial set.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
I might just start a monk to crack into GR 100+, those are good, right? Haven't played one in years.

My WW barb stalled out and isn't finding what's needed to push well compared to previous seasons (lacking both damage and toughness which is crazy with Altar and higher Paragon, though I probably hosed the build up a little by not writing the old one down before rebirthing), and I don't think i'll get as lucky with primal WW gear this time around.

Though I started with a Tal's Meteor Wiz and went deep + had fun, it's still a bit squishier than I'd like (even though it hilariously has more toughness than the barb) as the pylon champions usually chunk out HP quickly when I trigger them. My goal for the wizard was also to do some kind of janky LOD build once I had enough of the altar unlocked... but that requires ancients to shine.

Are people just augmenting whatever half-good gear to get deeper for more farming since augments are easier than ever?

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
Finished a bunch more altar nodes with the Tal's wizard once I put together something decent. Since I was starved for good loot I was using with an OK RoRG and fit 3 pieces of Firebird's which made no difference to damage but allowed me to spam teleport, plus some augments on so-so gear made a big difference. The newly-minted monk is now the moribund character.

Don't think I'll finish the altar but great season.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
It's a good farewell season, with the usual shortcomings PLUS I miss the altar of rites. However annoying the repeating enmity portals are, the plentiful crafting mats are a consolation. Might mess around and do more than the usual 2 characters but we'll see how far I take it. I am really hoping they mash every theme into S30, I'd love to see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
drat, I have till then to get the extra stash tab... I really bailed on season 30 at some point due mostly to Balatro I think.