Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Nah, non season softcore for life. I have deep love for my pixels and that would upset them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

YOU GODDAMN RIGHT

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'd like to say that both darksiders 1 and 2 are good, and 3 looks really good too

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kevin Palpatine posted:

I want to get back into D3 but only after I hear some opinions on the following Very Important Question: which class has the prettiest, flashiest AOE's?

Not the most damaging, or the most useful, but the one that will fill the screen with the most ooh and aah

you are welcome to get into a huge multi-page slapfight over this Very Important Question

(I don't have the Necromancer expansion but I will get it if it means pretty AOE's...but based on D2's necro I kind of doubt it)

My personal favorite screen junk maker is a wizard with as much atk speed and reduce cost for meteor shower as possible. I don't have it anymore, but it was the dumbest fun.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, I saw this immortals poo poo on my launcher and headed here immediately.

I guess I won't be hailing satan anymore

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Things I would have been happy to see would be some new content for d3, even just weapons and skills only. Hell, custom skill trees and offline to give it a jolly good send-off.

I already have a Diablo mobile type game and have for years.

loving netease partner, Jesus blizz you aren't even hiding how little you give a gently caress.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

myron cope posted:

https://www.polygon.com/blizzcon/2018/11/3/18059222/diablo-immortal-blizzard-response-blizzcon

It's funny to think how probably every person who downvoted the video and is having a temper tantrum would be talking about how cool the mobile game is (or at least wouldn't care) if they'd just announced D4 at the same time. They really couldn't even have done a teaser trailer? Maybe they started working on it on Monday.

Unless the initial video of gameplay is intentionally misleading, how is a mobile arpg clone done thousands of times over with a Diablo skin on it cool?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

"IT'S NOT A SKIN, IT'S NOT A SKIN!" I cry as I pay the guy who brought yet another baking soda volcano to the science fair to put a pink latex layer on it and label it "bursting pimple"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It was fun reading about The Valley of Death at the beginning of A2 where all progress just stopped because those mosquitos that shot smaller mosquitos were instant death at the hardest available difficulty.

Those loving things were no joke, my wizard ate poo poo so very many times to them on normal.

I remember finally getting my first full set of decent armor and gently caress if I don't still chase that high.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Supposedly there actually is a possibility of one more d3 expac. Gonna treat it as a rumor for now, but I guess woo I'll look forward to it maybe? Been loving around with lazystorm again and boy howdy it's still fun.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mewse posted:

Read the kotaku article, D3 is dead

I must have read it wrong, I thought it left it open for one.

Don't color me surprised that it's dead. Sucks though.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

For a non season scrub like me, what's the go to rift pusher for necro? I think I want to unlock primals finally.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Toshimo posted:

GR70 should be trivial with anything, but probably Rathma to start.

Cool, thank ya kindly

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Seriously gently caress this meteor poo poo how do people play with a billion meteors constantly filling the screen.

Uh, if you aren't meteor showering with a fast attack knife, atk spd gear, and a bunch of -cost to meteor so you can lag out pubbies I don't know what you're doing

Bust Rodd posted:

They have much, much lazier builds, including one we refer to as “Lazymancer”

Lazystorm is the only one I play it's so good

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

:actiblizz:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MariusLecter posted:

I don't know why they call it 'lazy mancer' I'm killing stuff myself with the aoe bone storm and grim scythe. Avoiding hazards with bloodrush, and bone spirit bombing elites in the face.
With Rathma I'm just mostly spamming skeletal mages and I haven't tried it but just lol corpse lance build

My super lazy Bro

Seriously, I only use cooldowns for bosses, it's stupid fun and lazy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

MariusLecter posted:

Here's my attempt at converting the Inarius build I had to work with Death's Bargain like you have there. https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/MariusLecter-1125/hero/109907592

Think there's a good reason all the guides I've seen dont mention it at all tho : /

The game is telling me to go Pestilence anyways haha

Yeah, mine isn't ~optimal~ for meta or whatever, it's just dumb fun and lazy. Death's bargain is neat, but without the right stuff it's a gimp. Eh, I got lucky and only tried to gear for this setup.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress I want those inarius changes already

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Marx Headroom posted:

Hold up, are there Wizard hats that look like actual Wizard hats?

YEP

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Snacksmaniac posted:

Someone hit me with the hottest bonestorm builds you got. I’ve hit a wall at t15.

I posted my gimmick one a while back, but you ain't hitting t15 with it. It's fun though

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Fried Watermelon posted:

looks like poo poo

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Is there a reason that people keep acting as though c-level execs are capable of rational, let alone human, thought? D3 sold on account of massive nostalgia and all of us chomping at the bit for new Diablo content, and the tiny amount of ~game~ that we got in the years after was basically fluff. Don't forget that they started making a Diablo shlooter that they then scrapped, which I'm sure totally didn't take resources away from d3.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bust Rodd posted:

How many hours have you played Diablo 3?

Much like destiny 2, way too goddamn many. I fully admit to being part of the problem where I spent money on a thing that I wanted just fit the fact that it was the closest thing I could get to fill the void.

I'm not saying it was terrible, but it's not a game that stands out in a crowd outside of the name BLIZZARD DIABLO plastered on it.

My billionth run of link's awakening on og Gameboy is more evocative of happy feelings than d3 provides, and I really wish that it could stand on its own merits. What it could have been is unfortunately not what it is. I truly hope that in the interim the life support team continues to iterate on it for those still playing.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

bamhand posted:

So have you guys seen the mythic example they've shown? The itemization in D4 is looking real bad.

Keep in mind mythic items are so powerful and rare you can only equip one on your character.

Oh look, activision brought exotics to Diablo :discourse:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Minorkos posted:

It's fun to make fun of blizz but I actually love "you may only equip one of this rarity" as a mechanic since it puts a softcap on the benefits poopsocking and forces people to think about their builds a bit rather than just equipping more numbers. However I also kinda hate looter games because I get no chemical release from seeing numbers become bigger so maybe my opinion isn't that important

To me it's just a tired as gently caress mechanic tbh. It depends entirely upon how they're implemented and how the skills work. Maybe it won't be awful, but I really just don't have that confidence right now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jimbot posted:

Gonna miss the wizard class. Shooting giant balls of energy with miniature galaxies in them or channeling the chaotic forces of the universe into a death beam was a whole lot more awesome than fireballs and elemental magic. Feh!

The ultimate "gently caress the system" character and it was great.

Yeah, wizard was dope, but then again I'd have to want to give blizz money for another game instead of just playing d3 when someone inevitably makes a pirate offline version with mods.

I have dreams

E: to clarify, I don't want to give blizz any money because they're a lovely corporate hellhole, and all hosed up like a football bat.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Xarbala posted:

But what if they find a way to successfully pander to your nostalgia?

It's possible, but I'm becoming old and crotchety. By the time it even comes out I'll have lost my faculties anyway so I'm not too worried.

euphronius posted:

I salute your decision to ethically consume. If you wait for the expac you can probably get the base game free anyway

Eh, I'm trying, but I'm still a consumer whore in other areas of my life. Blizzard just happens to be trying to sell a product that I don't need, but want, and have made enough terrible choices that I don't think they can rectify.

My other issue is that even logging in to something from them gives them another blip on the screen saying I'm using their product still.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Ryuujin posted:

You know I am wondering, was there ever a really good build for Magic Missile? Like it always seems like anything that might potentially buff them instead buffs a bunch of stuff that it was better to use than Magic Missile.

Also any way to actually get both 5 Missiles and have them seek?

I think way back in vanilla or shortly after? I can't even remember what my build was, but it was something I crutched then. Now I don't know.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

bio347 posted:

I think there was a time when the fire rune was really good because... its DoT stacked infinitely? Or was it how it interacted with the old Firebird set? Something like that.

Otherwise, you'll find MM in DMO builds as the generator for the Triumvirate but that's about the extent of its usage nowadays.

Yeah, I remember that now. Stacking ias to just pile the DOT up on firebirds. Good times while it lasted.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Diephoon posted:

I started playing Median XL and it's pretty neat. I'm definitely gonna check out the new monk set in D3 though (and probably the sader set too).

Death knight necro is super fun in median xl

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Guilty posted:

Only losers play video games to heal things. Real winners go for the biggest explosions and death. Get rid of the lovely paladin, bring back D2 necro

Supposedly necro is coming back in the first expac

We'll see

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mustached Demon posted:

D3s necromancer was built around CDs too much and that's not my jam. I don't like other builds that hop from elite to elite either.

Mages build was fun but it felt like a piano sometimes. A lot of work.

All hail lazystorm

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Any of y'all have issues with the game losing focus and being sent to the background immediately after Auth before?

I for the life of me can't figure out what is causing this, it's only doing this with the blizz launcher games. I haven't updated poo poo on this box for a while now, so I'm at a loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Necro buffs look good, yay lazystorm which is all I play at all lol. Hope the patch drops soon