Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
No you can't cube it either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

Raiment of the Jade Harvester
The (2) Set bonus has been increased from 560 seconds to 3500 seconds
The (6) Set bonus has been increased from 1650 seconds to 10000 seconds

:eyepop:

:wtc:

Just to clarify, now a single cast of haunt now does significantly more than the previous six set bonus, one of the highest single damaging skills in the game.

And the six set bonus is more than six times as stronk

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I really feel they missed an opportunity to buff the non class sets. Especially with the theme, slapping together a clown suit of other sets would have been interesting.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

D3 PTR Switch Flipper is missing... :ohdear:

I have numerous probably terrible ideas to try.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ryuujin posted:

Welp my PTR is now downloading something 30.88 MBs remaining at 1.06 MB/s. So it should have been done by the time I wrote this post.

:same:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Also I feel there is kind of the missed point that while damage has been buffed into space, pretty much nothing has been done about actually surviving. Like Jade Doc. Yeah the damage is ludicrous now, but I cannot see it competing due to the squishy nature.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

You can now buy Diablo 1 again, on GOG.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Doc 1: died like a chump to something dumb I don't even remember.
Doc 2: died like an IDIOT to choker in a t16 rift trying out the Carnevil LoN build

I'm done, but that was quite fun, most fun I've had with this game in quite some time.

In particular the kind of semi-viable nonsense you can get stuck with because garbage ancients are suddenly not entirely useless was great. Basically, buff every currently garbage item into oblivion and see what happens.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Check out this fun and engaging layout.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I honestly don't remember.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Finding out how amazing chicken bomb is by myself without looking it up before was a treat.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Is zunnima witch doctor end game viable and not too quirky (read not reliant on a strict rotation or longass cooldowns) to play?

Zuni is pretty good, especially as a starter, but you'll want to branch out from the base set eventually. Standard pet zuni is very easy, star alive and spam poisoned spirit haunt at everything before your gang shreds them. No real important cooldowns other than spirit walk and pirahnado. If you are dying before your army cooldown is off CD you are doing something very wrong.

Pushing higher with zuni you'll want dagger of darts depth diggers and carnevil. This does stupid damage but is considerably jankier than standard zuni because of the added step having to cast for your fetishes to attack.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Helltooth chicken is fine for t16. Arachyr chicken bomb is the best for up to about t10 and it’s not even close.

God I wish they would buff that.

To clarify, arachyr massively buffs hex damage, so your chicken explosion is lethal.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Incoherence posted:

The new Legacy of Dreams seems like it'll paper over some of the shittier starting set 2p/4p bonuses if you can get it to drop relatively early.

It starts level 1 and it's pretty bad then, you'll need some investment before it gives you the full buff. I think it's probably best use of time to push the season journey and get 6 piece.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Squirt's necklace is dumb and I already hate it. They should uber buff the drop rate of the hardcore only amulet to match it, because I know at some point that bonus damage is gonna start looking really tempting.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I play HC :(

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Viable Zombie Bears

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

10AM Saturday morning is actually perfect.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Challenge rift bad.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Jade Harvester with Captain Crimson is extremely strong. New flavour of time is also absolutely bonkers, playing on hardcore it is so good.

Turns out you can get poo poo done when you don't have to worry for 2 minutes. Bonus, you can actually finish high level grifts that spawn perdition sometimes!

I'd like to try it out with echoing fury, but I haven't seen one drop.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Rorg is strong and you should always have one at some point.

If your farming set doesn't' have a Rorg and the set that doubles DBs you are missing out.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ripped to Cold Snap at a level 89 Grift, ranked 27.

That was fun, gimmick was OK.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

FFT posted:

Do you have Messerschmidt's Reaver or Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac active?

MR specifically was a a pleasant surprise, they just added "1 second off a random cool down per kill" in this patch. Now I just need ORZ to drop so I can plow through everything hilariously quickly.

Most WDs run Grave Injustice passive for a good reason, it's hella strong. In fact, MR is even stronger because it isn't (I don't think) linked to your pickup radius.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Leech off of someone, ideally someone playing your class so you can get twice the chance of what you are looking for.

If that's an option.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Dameius posted:

I just want more lazy power creep because I am boring. Just switch what does the power creep up.

I think they just need to go wild with it and see how much more the game can be broken. RORG season? Make it stack with RORG. Goblin season? One goblin pack per area.

Also 100% busted season only temporary legendary items.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Hey cool, Kerrigan AND Illidan combined because of course they loving did.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

wow, that's gonna be nerfed into oblivion if it isn't just a bug.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

That's pretty cool, does he drop anything?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

:toot:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Update: I died.

Gimmick was OK, probably won't reroll this season

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Mustached Demon posted:

Gotta fill a bag every rift or act bounty to keep the materials up!

For real? How unlucky are you with rolling your items?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

I died. Almost to the end of GR 102 playing WD (carnevil darts is very strong comparatively to every other WD build).

Finished the season challenges, got probably the most lucky drop I've ever had in a primal Witching Hour, and was in the top 30 in the leaderboards when I dropped dead.

Gimmick was kind of fun, but gave me a few heart attacks with everything lagging with some of the more graphics intensive effects. It's a good thing the meteors are so ridiculously overpowered or I definitely would have died earlier from that.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Extremely happy to be able to now use 4 voodoo masks at once.

This season is gonna be bonkers and is going to absolutely own.

quote:

Gazing Demise
Spirit Barrage gains the Phantasm rune. Each active Phantasm lasts twice as long, increases the damage of Spirit Barrage by 40-50% 100-150%, and also increases the attack rate from Manitou spectres.
Now always rolls with Critical Hit Chance instead of Life Per Second

So, anyone playing WD, gamble this at level one and cube it lol.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

* Infernal Machines and Organs are now subject to vacuum pick-up
* Crafting plans from Bounty Caches are now guaranteed to drop unless all plans have been learned

Now if we can just get them to add regular Crafting Materials to vacuum pick-up..

You won't get 4x the benefits, so you're wasting 3 slots:

Items are not self-additive or multiplicative (meaning, you cannot stack multiples of the same item's power)

big cummers ONLY posted:

Four different voodoo masks :colbert:

Yeah that.

Jeram, Carnevil, Grin Reaper and Tiki! In some insane variation darty boys I guess.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Darkhold posted:

I enjoy pet builds but have long been frustrated that helltooth WD is so goddamn slow.

How many chickens were involved in your slow helltooth build. Because I had the opposite problem.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Darkhold posted:

Unless I'm farming 0.

I do play HC and shedding that much defence is a bit much on higher rifts.

Oh hey, what up only other person who plays Hardcore Witch Doctor :wave:

I haven't played Helltooth for awhile to be honest. It's in need of a buff, although it's a pretty fun and chill build where it is. I remember chicken farming t13s, but yeah, wouldn't be confident doing higher than that.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Darkhold posted:

Out of curiosity what build do you use?

I usually do helltooth until I get bored and then switch to Demon Hunter multishot because it's such a nice change to do the one shot room clear after watching my gargs stand around or wander off while I'm trying to stay alive.

Last two seasons have been Carnevil Legacy of Nightmares (or Dreams now I guess).

tetsuo posted:

The bar on the Hardcore Witch Doctor ladder is shockingly low. GR90 got me 185.

I got a bit of a shock when this happened, day one but kind of shows how few people play that:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

RodShaft posted:

What are some fun/crazy crusader builds that don't get much talk because they aren't top tier rift destroying monsters? I mostly finished my first of the heavens build and it is too powerful for the group I run with.

I have a full inventory of set and legendary items so I can probs throw whatever together.

Gryfalcons and the other one which means you get a million shields that pinball the screen.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Is the leg gem still hilariously bad or did they change it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Deki posted:

drat, are PTR queues always this bad? Popped in after work to try out the barb set and it's taken 15+ min

In one day it will be a ghost town.