Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Herstory Begins Now posted:

drat it's only $5? I've got a bunch of complaints with the game, but that's a ton of quality game for $5

It's weird to see that Grim Dawn is always like a dollar on PC, but is consistently full price on console (Xbox, at least). I want to replay it while on my couch, but it never goes on sale on the Xbox Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I started on Path of Exile for that and even though it's pretty fun it kind of sucks to get super sick gear for every class except the one I'm playing.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Star Man posted:

I think the number changes with every console.

Also I'm not sure when you think the Wii launched.

Sure we do. It was apparently around the time that George P. Shultz was making a muck of things.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Barreft posted:

Hearing about how PC D3 plays sounds bad. I'll stay in my switch bubble.

You guys can't even roll?

PC version was awful. I bought it years ago because I finally wanted to try a Diablo game and I thought something was broken. I rolled necro and all I had to do through the entire game was just hold down left-click and occasionally blow-up corpses/resurrect minions. This was on any difficulty. I asked people, and the closest thing to an answer I got is that they never rebalanced the game after the auction house was removed and that the console versions were actually balanced and had something resembling challenge.

On the positive side, it got me to finally play ARPGs and I now love them.

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Yeah, I meant to say that it was the story mode, my bad. And I don't know if the auction house excuse is true, but all I know is that I knew nothing about D3 or any game like it, launched it, and played a campaign that had no challenge no matter what difficulty I played on, so :shrug:

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

Bust Rodd posted:

You essentially played thorough the game on the lowest of 16 possible difficulty levels

Makes sense. I beat the end boss then just sort of quit and never got around to going back to it. I'll admit I'm ignorant, then but why are the console versions more challenging on a first run? I only just started playing D3 on Switch a week ago. I'm looking at that post I made and realized it came off the wrong way. I've now edited this message like five times because I feel like an idiot.

Coquito Ergo Sum fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 21, 2022