Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
The SA thread on it started as a mock thread but as expected blizzard stans still exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The number will get even worse as the pool of gems is diluted

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Ryuujin posted:

I am a little confused. I thought they made this stuff illegal a few years back? Or does Immortal not have loot boxes/"gambling"? Does it somehow get around all those restrictions that they were doing/trying to do to stop this ridiculous predatory behavior.

Gating the loot behind a game of skill, no matter how trivial that game, means it's not a lootbox in a lot of places.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

They can't not have seasons in a diablo game

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

D4 looks great graphics wise, the endgame gameplay loop and skill system are a bit unclear. It’ll probably hinge on how annoying the moneygrabbing is

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Dysgenesis posted:

They always say write what you know.

underappreciated post

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Virtue posted:

Wyatt Cheng seems like a dude who actually likes Diablo. Wonder what he really thinks about the whole immortal fiasco without the massive PR filter.

He’s probably really happy he has been able to hide behind the image of a bumbling game dev when in reality he’s a money grubbing leech without morals

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

You got any more stupid poo poo you want to say, or is that gonna be it for the day? I personally don't try to hustle my customers out of more than they want to spend, but maybe that's where we differ.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

I played d3 for hundreds of hours because there was no alternative

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

There’s a lot of non-mapping endgame in PoE but yeah, it’s a very speed rewarding game. You don’t have to play like that but the game does push you that way.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

There’s a lot of mods for d2

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Unless you want to play remastered do yourself a favor and get some cheats/mods going unless you want the full extent of grindiness aimed towards 12 year olds with no obligations

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Dross posted:

If I could make one change to Diablo 3 it would be to delete convention of elements. I’m so bored of its uncontrollable-cooldown play style and only having my real damage for 4 out of every 28 seconds and every single build basically requires it to push its highest.

I would put in an autocast option

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Console issues aside, I don’t like it when I have to compensate for UI/control issues with ahk. Having to recast buffs isn’t fun or interesting gameplay

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Dameius posted:

But that's like, just your opinion man.

It’s not just theirs, that’s the problem

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

Diablo 3 is slower than diablo 2 though, 1:44 vs 0:55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

The Grumbles posted:

How quick does it take to unlock all the endgame stuff again?

You can do adventure mode right away, so it'll just be like playing a new season on the regular server. I recommend some nicer switch grips though for longer sessions