Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Kingtheninja posted:

Wait what hated refund are you guys talking about? I might be missing something.

read the secondary effect of Karlei's Point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Just.. kill stuff until a set helm you don't want drops? It won't take long.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Bottom Liner posted:

I think they leave it in and this is the last season we ever see.

While every season that becomes more likely, especially with D4 going into open beta, this also gets said every season and there's no indication yet they're going to just shut it all down.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I get it, it's optional and no one's holding a gun to your head making you do it- but farming for the staff of herding is the most boring, tedious poo poo. I've never done it before this season and I will never do it again.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Why do people save the cache?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Dysgenesis posted:

Because sacrificing a cache is required for one of the levels of the altar of rites.

Ohhh poo poo ok. I skipped S28 (just googled altar of rites) and only played the last few days of s29 to kill a bit of time when I got bored running the d4 campaign. Good to know!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

gariig posted:

The Vision of Enmity will also have rift guardians, tons of blues for DBs, and the loot drop rate after ~5 floors is insane.

Before I sacrifice my Staff of Herding I decided to run Whimsyshire for a few hours in the off chance I can nab the portrait. Turns out there's basically a guaranteed Enmity on every run, and on my last 7-floor Emnity I walked away with two and a half stash tabs full of legendary & set gear. Granted, sometimes it's 3 floors and drops less than a gr60, but when it hits it really hits.

edit: it also drops bounty mats (40 each in t16) so basically once you have your avarice/rrog/whatever, you shouldn't ever need to touch a bounty again.

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 16, 2024

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Finished the altar, leveled up some gems, got a couple of primal set pieces (and my primal Valla's) and finally on the DH leaderboards for a 6:06 gr122. In all my years playing this I've never really tried for pushes, I'm so used to the raw speed of the GoD (and UE before that) set that it feels completely alien to be taking more than 3 minutes to finish a run. Feels good though, this has been the most fun season I've had in ages.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

exquisite tea posted:

I actually find the visions to be somewhat annoying because a typical run will take you back up to town 1-2 times to disenchant, really messes with the flow!

Keep empty stash tabs for the sole purpose of dropping unidentified loot. tp home when full only to unload, and identify everything when you're done. Sorting your gear on every tp is a wildly inefficient way to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Star Man posted:

That still requires you to stop, use a town portal, and come back. The issue is needing to make a pit stop.

Granted yes but you are doubling or tripling or more your time in town if you stop to identify/whatever instead of just dumping and going back. It's a 10 second detour. If that's an enormous inconvenience for someone then they need to be more discerning about what they pick up.

bamhand posted:

Are you really having your entire inventory fill up on legendaries in a single portal? With the salvage pet, the only thing that requires a TP is the rainbow portal.

I got an 8 or 9 floor enmity a few days ago and filled two and a half stash tabs just with legendaries. It's bonkers sometimes.