Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Sir Lucius posted:

I find corpse lance extremely fun, especially during land of the dead. There's just something about jamming its button and watching spines go flying.

Yeah, I'm not likely to remove Corpse Lance from my skill bar any time soon. It looks amazing, and is so far very satisfying. Kill monsters, use bones of those monsters to kill other monsters. Metal. Land of the Dead is also an early favorite. But I'm only up to, like, level 35 on my lady Necromancer, because I didn't have a ton of time to play last night.

So far, I love her. I agree that I wish there were more pets. But the ones that are there are great. Having 7 Skellys up that I can send after one target for increased damage is surprisingly effective so far. Spamming the Mages isn't particularly fun, as you have to basically always be doing it while you have the essense. I've been sticking with Bone Spikes so far as my primary to keep myself out of the poo poo, but Scythe looks awesome, and I may switch to it as I build her up to be able to take a hit.

Basically, half way to max level, I'm having fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Jetfire posted:

I sure would love to be able to Corpse Explode the random dead guardsmen and villagers around the maps.

Oh, that's a fun idea. Make it just work on the clickable ones or something. It's not like we get anything useful from them anyway.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

What's the Zoomancer build people have referred to? Google is failing me, at the moment, when I try to find it.

I assume it's something like this?
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/necromancer#aTidch!Zbdc!abbZYb

This is basically what I'm running with at the moment, but I know for sure it needs tweaking. Basically, I have the 6 Skeletons up always, with the ability to Frenzy them for 25% more damage and target them. I have Revive on, with Purgatory, so, barring my initial contact, I usually can have 10 monsters following me around. I have Skeletal Mage set to Singularity, so with full Essence it spawns one gently caress off Mage that hits really loving hard, and with Bone Spikes as my primary I'm always able to spawn another full Essence Mage by the time the last one dies, usually just before.

With this build, I almost always have 17 pets following me around, with an 18th whenever I run into mobs. The Skeletons suck for damage, but they work alright as meat (...bone?) shields. My revived corpses and Mage is where most of my damage come from. But I'm trying to figure out what to put on my right click. Bone Armor doesn't seem to help me much, and I'm pretty squishy. But I haven't had a bunch of time to farmarmor, so that's to be expected.

I have Tasker & Theo in the cube, so that helps a little bit.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Plot-wise, what does everyone think are the chances of having a Diablo game without Diablo in it? Or will Lilith find some way to magic him/her back again?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Would Lilith give a poo poo about Diablo? I can’t remember her involvement in D2

Reading up on Diablo lore after the trailer (which is quite the journey), apparently she was partly responsible for the plot to bring back Diablo in D2? No idea where that would have come from, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

exquisite tea posted:

The Rogue becomes the Blood Raven in Act 1 and the Sorc becomes the evil mage dude at the end of Act 2.

Yeah, and the Monk was in Hellfire, which I'm pretty sure isn't canon, as it wasn't an official expansion pack. Which is a strange concept nowadays. Reading about it, I guess the company that owned Blizzard allowed it, over Blizzard's objections.