Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Got this on switch after failing to get into it years ago on PC and man it’s good now

I’m doing necro and got the ring that gives you 2 skeleton mages with an insane damage boost (crit chance and damage) but I also have the set of 2 rings that seem pretty good - not sure if the set bonus is worth turning the ring into a power

I managed to get a Reilenas Shadowhook which seems insanely good (the dps calculation on the menu screen doesn’t seem to calculate how strong the effect is)

Games fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Charge barb is the one in challenge rift right now? I have no idea what I’m supposed to do with it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Nah. It just rotates. This season's sets were also Season 11s sets. The sets from Season 12 will be the sets for Season 16.

Barbarian – Immortal King’s Call
Crusader – Seeker of the Light
Demon Hunter – Natalya’s Vengeance
Monk – Uliana’s Stratagem
Witch Doctor – Spirit of Arachyr
Wizard – Vyr’s Amazing Arcana

That's a bit of a bummer but this is my first season so I guess it'll be a while before I notice that

I just think with Rathma it feels like you become very powerful extremely quickly? Like it might not be the top tier build for necro but you can be missing half your items and still kill rift bosses in 2 seconds. In that sense the free sets can at least kickstart your endgame for the season

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wait so are there any examples where you can now wear a 6 piece set and a 4 piece set bonus at the same time? If sets take up different slots?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Star Man posted:

It's doable with sets that have pieces that take up a belt, jewelry, or weapon slot.

Marauder/Natalya and Tal Rasha/Vyr are a couple examples.

Ahh thought there must be an example. Is that suddenly gonna make those combos much stronger than otherwise or is it something they would have just been doing with the ring anyway

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tenacious J posted:

Seems like someone said “gently caress it, let’s blow the doors of set bonuses and see what happens” which I FULLY support. But could this be a sign of the sun setting on Diablo 3? Some shenanigans before diablo 4? They can’t be assuming that D3 playerbase (all 200 of them) will migrate to Immortal..?

I mean the game just came out on Switch and was the top selling EShop game above preorders for Pokemon and Super SMash Bros

About 8 of my friends have bought it on there and are getting really into it. Only 2 of them had it on PC

Everyone is REALLY into it at the moment

Fuzz posted:

Think I'm gonna make a Monk next season, because 9000% Ulianna's sounds loving hilarious.

Also with the Seasonal buff, doesn't that mean all the 2 set items you only need 1? Because... Holy poo poo.

The ring doesn't reduce the requirements below 2 I think so you can't get the 2 Set bonus on like 9 different sets

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Toshimo posted:

FWIW, this is Rhyker's early projection:

Not pictured: Inarius got stealth-buffed so probably move that up to B-tier.

Once it shakes out, there's gonna probably be like 5 S-tier builds and 5 A-tier, which is a lot better than now.

Is the highest level free set Monk? Am I reading this correctly I have no idea what half of these mean

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Do they always have 2 weeks with no season? Never played in between seasons before

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

The dungeons being designed in a way that you can outdamage them is their greatest failing.

I have 8 sets and this is the one thing preventing me from doing it as my conquest

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Eh. I'm going with this Uli Monk build. I'll probably end up farming up a UE DH later.

I'm also starting with Monk with a group of friends and I guess defaulting to this, thanks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Got 1-70 today in a group as a monk. The boots are probably the best level 1 gamble for leveling IMO, I have parts of my set and I’m still using lashing tail just because of those boots.

I managed to get my build belt, shoulders and the cube armor slot too so all in all feeling really lucky

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

When the season launched me and 5 other friends sat in one guy's house with our Switches and started the season

- Everyone did Challenge Rift
- Everyone that gambled at level 1:

Monk 1: Got Rivera boots, Cesar's bracer, Leoric's,
Monk 2: Got Rivera boots, Cesar's Bracer, Pox Fauld
Barb: 0 uniques
Crusader: like 6 uniques in various slots

It was Monk 1 + Monk 2 actually killing things with the rest of the group watching in various combinations until the 40s when the level 70 crafted weapons with -level requirement kicked in

Everyone got to 70 with the first 2 pieces of set in like, 5 hours but it wasn't super efficient or anything. Lots of rifts, got lucky with the bounties which overlapped with some of the season requirements.

Rivera Boots are good enough that I have 2 pieces of my set and I'm still using them as my cube slot. I think once I get the 4 piece bonus that makes seven sided strike better I'll finally retire it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Where should I be looking for Season 16 builds that are not 20 minute long videos
It looks like a lot of the Monk sets are viable now but there is kind of random info all over the place for now and since I never played one and all the playstyles look viable and different this time around kinda wanted to see what I should be aiming for in general

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Gotta admit I'm gonna miss this season when it ends, not having to Cube a RoRG is really neat. It's like having a free power slot.

I hope it leads to more cool builds and not my first idea, "Put a Convention of Elements In Your Power Slot"

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I think Multishot DH was the king of flipping around clearing entire screens

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I am seeing a lot of Monk builds using multiple set pieces which looks quite cool.

One uses 5 pieces Inna, 3 pieces Ulliana - so you get the huge Inna damage buff and mantras + the huge seven sided strike buff. Inna has a weapon so this is possible.

One uses 5 pieces Inna + 2 Storm King. Storm king now gives a 400% generator damage buff with 2 pieces, with the Inna buff you suddenly have generators doing endgame damage.

Ulliana on its own seems pretty awesome now, the only buff was to Exploding Palm but it went from +2000% > +9000% damage just for 6 pieces before factoring in all the additional uniques that buff it and that you can now equip multiples of

I have no idea how much of this existed in Season 15, but whenever I asked multiple build sets weren't THAT viable. It looks like Rhykker's tier list has a whole bunch of Monk sets that went straight from not existing at all to A tier which is awesome! I hope people experiment with the new stuff and have fun!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Snacksmaniac posted:

Reminder to check what the conquests before you farm 50 bounty chests.

I did one of each bounty for the set piece and gently caress if I'm gonna do those again. 1 chest per bounty is brutal I'd rather do challenge rifts instead

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got an ancient socketed Flying Dragon on my monk. Does the attack speed increase actually buff things like Exploding Palm? I dunno how this stuff calculates.

It's so much stronger than every other weapon I have I almost wanna change my build around it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mewse posted:

It's cube fodder unfortunately. Only used in generator builds where you cube flying dragon and actually wear shenlong fists.. oh and support monk

Attack speed is useless for EP

What a bummer.

So when things like EP scale off of “weapon damage” is it literally the weapon’s damage range or?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

hampig posted:

I think some skills are based off sheet dps (including ATK speed), notably skeletal mages and some DoTs, where using the skills faster has no effect.

I did skeletal mages last season which is why I thought the AS literally doubling my sheet damage meant something this time around.

exquisite tea posted:

Sheet damage is pretty much useless as a measure of anything except relative power growth, i.e. I used to have 1.1mil sheet DPS, now I have 1.4mil. All the damage you do in D3 is centered around your weapon and the insane multipliers it receives from sets and legendaries, many of which will never display on your character screen. There are some specs that debuff monsters instead of increasing your own damage, specs that receive little to no benefit from attack speed and those that do, specs that are centered around one miracle cooldown that does 90% of your actual damage etc., all reasons why sheet DPS amounts to very little besides tracking incremental progress.

Yeah I was warned about this! It's why at some point I try to test it myself. I'm still leveling and farming up so still figuring stuff out for monks.

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jan 23, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Apparently, the game wants me to play a Sunwuko Bell Monk. Despite getting the Uli gift, it's dropped everything I need for Bells except for the Sunwuko Chest.

Also, it dropped this:

I'm not playing a Crusader. :sigh:

I've been taking a look at leaderboards and it looks like Bell Monk is by far the most common high rift build, but the cool thing is there are multiple bell monk builds I've seen (Sunwuko + Inna)

Sunwuko and Inna can also wear Sages gear at the same time for farming

Meanwhile I have 3 pieces of Sunwuko gear. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME GLOVE

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

You know there's a cube recipe to convert set items, right.

Yes I've managed to run out of the materials and am way too weak with Sages to farm more quickly :v:

I think I'll just take turns with friends wearing sages and following them through rifts

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh man I have been messing around with monk builds today as I’ve been getting new parts and these are all super fun

Sunwuko + Wol:Multishot monk
Sunwuko + Sages set: so many deaths breaths
Sunwuko + 4 inna: multishot monk and also helps your entire group Cool
6 inna: wait this seems really strong
6 inna 2 raiment generators: I am a whirlwind force of nature all will perish

Monk is cool man

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

interrodactyl posted:

Is it just me or is the uli monk set really unfun to play? Why the gently caress would I want to run around doing jack poo poo nothing for 10 seconds until I can use my actual DPS skill?

It’s really annoying to play until you get a chunk of the legendaries you need

What I did in the meantime was equip ingeom and blink past anything that wasn’t an elite pack

Edit: but also I tried a generator build and 2 different Wave of Light builds and I don’t think I’m going back to Uliana.

I’d like to try the one rhykker posted that is 6 inna 4 Uliana just for the six sided strike buff

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jan 25, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was using Sunwuko Wol until I decided to give Inna Wol a try and it feels like almost the same damage without having to keep up stacks of sweeping wind? Plus all the mantras and allies at once mean you have very high spirit generation. I’ve stopped using a generator.

Inna generator is also very fun and good but Rhykker just said in his new video he things Raiment generator is actually the best monk build (haven’t even tried it yet)

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was using Sunwuko Wol until I decided to give Inna Wol a try and it feels like almost the same damage without having to keep up stacks of sweeping wind? Plus all the mantras and allies at once mean you have very high spirit generation. I’ve stopped using a generator.

Inna generator is also very fun and good but Rhykker just said in his new video he things Raiment generator is actually the best monk build (haven’t even tried it yet)

Update: raiment generator dies in one hit I hate this

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Update: Raiment generator build dies instantly no thanks

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 27, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Last season I started as a Necro then switched to DH Multishot and was amazed at how quick and mobile I was wiping out entire screens.

This season I did Inna WOL monk and it's even quicker and more mobile AND it can tank. Ridiculously safe and easy to play, so much spirit generation you don't need to use a generator and you just nuke things from offscreen.

Ehud posted:

Is anyone else doing HC this season? I got my idiot Monk through GR20 and got the season set. Then last night I got all the cooldown items for seven sided strike, so that has helped a lot.

I'm curious to try this build too: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/monk-raiment-shenlong-generator-build-with-crippling-wave-patch-2-6-4-season-16

I'm not playing HC but I died so much trying that Raiment build I would never try it in HC :v: If you want to do generators, Inna + Shenlong is much safer but less damage once fully geared. Inna set makes you decently tanky and do a lot of damage and have pets and have a bunch of passive bonuses so you can basically slap any other build in there and have it work and the generator build is a fun different playstyle from the others.

Rhykker's latest tier list he believes the Raiment build is the best monk build and in S tier, but you probably have to be better at the game than me and also paying attention.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tahirovic posted:

So before I ruin this, I am playing Inna WoL according to this guide, now that would suggest I have to reroll the Dexterity to Cooldown Reduction. Is that the right thing to do?

I really would not

Like yeah the CD reduction is good but the whole thing with a Primal is 1000 dex is a lot of DEX for a single slot, feels like it would be much easier to get the CD reduction somewhere else

Hauki posted:

hey, I’ve got half a dozen of those but I can’t find a fist of rear end to rack or a lions claw at all

By the time I got the first required unique for the starter set I already had a full Sunwuko set.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rathma mage is the only fun Necro build imo, but it is very fun. The top tier builds of Necro are literally just running around until your 2 min cooldown is up.

Rathma mage is pet based.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ehud posted:

Oh my god. Inna’s WOL is so good. I’m loving the Monk now that I got away from exploding palm.

Right

Try out Inna generator if you get some of those pieces too. Very fun and a nice change in play style.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Never used Gem of Ease before:

I just made a Level 1 WD with a Gem of Ease weapon and went straight into Torment 1 getting multiple levels every kill, that was so fun. Did well enough I popped into Torment 4 after a rift or two to level faster.

He's 61 now and suddenly it's getting really hard, do enemies scale up with you?

When can I start gambling on set pieces etc? I have a lot of shards built up from my Monk and gambling was getting less and less useful so I thought I'd spend them on a new class.

Oh God In-geom + Charging Strike is so good.

I really want to make a Lashing Tail Monk since I got a Primal Rivera Dancers but I ain't sure which set. Sunwuko probably, I guess.

Yeah I was considering this too. Either Inna or Sunwuko probably, I feel like Inna can do literally anything and do alright

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 10, 2019

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Past level 61 enemies begin to scale rather severely per level until you hit the new cap of 70. Most of the time you'll have to drop the difficulty down to T1 or even Master to get past the hump to 70 if you're leveling solo (where you can then give your WD all the gear you've been saving up and make him awesome again).

That makes a lot of sense! Yeah I have all this stuff waiting for me at 70, and a level 70 weapon, Hellfire Amulet and paragon levels alone stopped making me ridiculously overpowered. I'm using absolute crap I picked up in the course of 30 minutes for most slots and don't want to put in the effort to get new stuff that will be tossed out as soon as I hit 70

I switch from Inna + Shenlong + Rainment to Shenlong + Rainment and suddenly do way less damage and have the consistency of wet paper.

This is tragic.

It's supposed to do much more damage than Inna at the cost of dying very quick (I just get the dying quick part)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rinkles posted:

D3 with mostly yellows sounds like hell. So what compelled people to keep playing and for some to spend a lot of money on the auction house? Game had a lot of detractors for sure (from the outside it was hard to tell how substantive the criticism was), but it was still immensely popular.

This all makes RoS seem like an incredible achievement.

Because it was a sequel to Diablo 2. The game was terrible at launch, bad enough that I didn't give it a chance until 2018 again because I could not understand how they could've made the game better. People have gone over it in more detail but basically everything in the game boiled down to +stats and you could only do campaign mode over and over - 2012 Blizzard was still a very well liked company and people were willing to try anything they did.

My brother in law made like $4000 on the AH though! There were some items where the gold/dollar rate didn't line up so you could buy gems for real money very cheaply, sell them for a lot of gold, and then sell that gold for more real money than you spent.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A fourth slot that lets you select your seasonal buff from past seasonal buffs and you unlock them by doing the seasonal stuff past where it stops giving you sets

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I finally got the pieces to my jade doc set - still missing some of the uniques like the ring and belt but.. I don’t think I understand how to play this? I’m constantly dying when I have to run in and detonate my dot. Do I just hold down the haunt button too?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

big cummers ONLY posted:

I just hope they either keep the servers for d3 on forever like for d2 or that when they kill it, they patch it so it can run entirely clientaide. Even if it's just single player. I was so bummed when Marvel Heroes got scrapped and is just loving gone no matter what you do. You can't play that game anymore and it's sad.

The console versions are fully playable offline

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

This game is graphically really starting to show its age.

When I realized I could play it 60 FPS on a handheld

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

5er posted:

I should've smurfed... but I need a l.70 pair for my preferred pair.

I thiiiink you can gamble for a level 1 pair then reforge to 70 on your main account, if that's less effort. Plus a small chance that it's ancient

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I made another alt since they extended the season and within like... an hour? Have the frozen orb wand and source. Guess I’m going for frozen orb builds! Feels very diablo 2

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

Good Luck, but I’ve found those especially really suck with Blizzard games. I specifically found Overwatch to be completely unplayable on one of those and it made Diablo 3 hitch. No problems once I went back to landline.

I only have 4G internet in the area I live in because the telecoms are more competent than the government. The 4G little hotspots suck for games, but there are actual full on 4G routers that you can buy that are much better at that. Right now I have one of those upstairs and bouncers around the house.

Honestly it's not the best for gaming but like... it works for streaming video and I don't play THAT many games online to make it worth the effort

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The HS team is 1 person. He also does the D3 patches on tuesdays