Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
Corpse Explosion is very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

As a giant noob I appreciate the new OP.

I still have not figured out how to make the Necro fun to play.

press corpse explosion a lot

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I have full Rathmas and Jesseth and it's a solid build. I need the ring that generates mages tho as it's a bit tedious spamming mages every time you hit max essence and them dying out so fast.

Looking forward to messing around with all of the set builds as they all look interesting. I wonder what sort of LoN builds will arrive too as there are a bunch of interesting standalone legendaries.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

quote:

The recommended weapon and offhand setup for the build is Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang along with a Poison damage Lidless Wall Lidless Wall. The one-handed scythe turns the Cursed Scythe Cursed Scythe curse application from proc to guaranteed, as well as amplifying your damage against cursed targets. This setup will hit for less on average than a two-handed setup, but will provide extra utility to the build in the form of shield defense and extra Cooldown Reduction. Alternatively, you can wield the Cube weapon slot recommendation, Nayr's Black Death Nayr's Black Death, and cube Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang. This setup will increase the downtime of Land of the Dead Land of the Dead, but will reward you with harder hits on average.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

The CE build runs land of the dead and masses of CDR. You can then pop it and use your CE without corpses for its duration.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Bonestorm is good and real easy to push high on. I really want that mage ring to gently caress around with Rathma's though. It's so stupidly crucial for that build that it will drive me mad when I have to search all over again on seasons.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

i've spent thousands and thousands of shards and upgraded about 30 rings so far, no sign of it. buckets of obsidian rings tho... sheesh

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Trip report: Necro good, but some builds are horribly ring dependent. Krysbin is almost essential for any build and it's rare as hell. The other rings are also equally rare, but equally important for their relative builds.

I've had fun with Necro for the last couple of days, but I'm putting it aside now until the season starts because I can't bear this ring grind any longer when I know it won't matter come the season.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

It's really sad how boring the passives are. I hope they iterate on them for 2.7.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Am i in the 1% for thinking $15 isn't that much in the grand scheme of things?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I can't work out Trang-Oul's - is it supposed to be this slow? I have to play super safe, and you really only have single target damage that can just suddenly dry up on you. It's weird.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

I haven't played it much outside of the set dungeon. I do think it's weird that the riskiest set has absolutely no damage reduction. I almost killed myself just spamming blood nova to kill things, which was interesting.

You have Parthian, Dayntee's and Unity, and you're cannibalising constantly to keep your health up, but it's still so fragile. It's not a super fun playstyle for me.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Did anyone ever make a viable Sacrifice build for the Witch Doctor? Cos I like the explosions of CE, but I think I actually enjoy WD more.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Is Krysbin actually intended to be a Necro-only ring? I just thought it was a new item for everybody.

Only drops for Necro apparently

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I like Necro but I feel there are just a few too many buttons to press and resources to manage compared to the other classes. I want to get a LoN build going with Corpse Explosion because I think that would go over much smoother with better damage reduction options.

So far the only really smooth build I've found is the Mirinae Bone Armor one. Which doesn't bode well as it will probably be nerfed before it hits live.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Carebearz posted:

But it already IS live

Off-season is limbo. Seasons is where we truly live

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mirinae bonestorm is literally every build on the leaderboards; all using the exact same gear and skills. Hopefully they take these next few weeks to continue to iterate and vary things up.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

WD still holds appeal for me but Necro has run out of steam already. Really disappointed with the zoomancer thing.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Avalerion posted:

How does that end up working againts bosses or rift guardians?

You run land of the dead and you can use all corpse skills without a corpse for its duration.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

What's the Zoomancer build people have referred to? Google is failing me, at the moment, when I try to find it.

Zoomancer, Summonmancer, Zookeeper, Skelemancer etc. refer to the Diablo 2 Necromancer where you would have a massive horde of 40+ skeletons and revives who would clear screens by themselves with your responsibilities being curses and top ups. Some of us loved that playstyle and are sad it hasn't been properly replicated in D3. What version there is right now requires a lot of tedious busywork (resummoning mages constantly) etc. and has disappointed some old Necro fans.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Summonmancer

I count myself among the disappointed, but it has just made me appreciate the Zuni builds in the WD even more.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Potential BFF posted:

Has there been an official word on whether there will be any Necro tweaks before season 11 starts? I haven't seen anything beyond folks calling this preseason gap a paid beta.

Yup, from last page

DrSeRRoD posted:

So Travis Day popped into the chat of Bluddshed's stream yesterday and I watched the VOD. A few notes I gathered from it:

-Inarius proccing gem damage is INTENDED, however the proc rate seems too high, so it will likely be adjusted.
-Pestilence set was meant to be the speedfarm set, and they're working on it so that it gets to that point. They are likely going to buff corpse lance, and have the 6pc affect it and possibly all of the corpse skills, because they didn't hit the mark on the 6pc. The intention is for someone to run devour as they blast through a rift and have tons of free lances flying around killing everything on the screen.
-Skeletons getting killed after getting hit 22-24 times is intended. It seems to be causing issues for high-end pushes so they'll likely remove it.
-They will discuss and consider moving Dayntee's to work with all curses (we asked for this poo poo in beta for months).
- Fueled By Death bug to be fixed.
-Stuart's Greaves (50% movement speed for 2 seconds after blood rush) seems to have undershot as the goal was not to have perma blood rush, but to give you enough of a boost of speed where you're moving very fast. They'll likely tweak them to be faster and/or for longer. Blood was trying to push to make it 100% as lack of speed seems to be a huge issue with the necro. They're meant to be speedfarm boots so you aren't forced to use Ingeom.
-Travis said they didn't want to nerf a lot of the necromancer skills and abilities after people bought the pack and upset them so they undershot on the tuning of some things so they can tune them to be better/stronger instead of the reverse. They were being cautious.
-The goal for the golems were more utility than damage, unlike the gargantuans.

E: Kryspin's being used by other classes will also be fixed.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Crusader isn't fun for groups because nobody else gets to hit anything while you ride your horsie through the entire dungeon, instantly erasing elites.

Is it still LoN bombardment and Hammers forever?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

To me, Diablo 3 is the perfect example of iterative development. It should be used as a case study.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Mindblast posted:

So when people say they run 6p Inarius and get 500m toughness, I assume you run other defensive items + a fuckton of paragon? I got the curse belt that grants defense, and am currently after that ammy that gives more Bone Armor stacks but even then I would not crack 500m.

You have Aquilas in the cube for another 50%, then the Compass set for 50% while moving, bone armor amulet in the cube for the extra stacks.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I've seen people using Wreath of Lightning with Inarius for speedruns.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBhNoM4wumE

looks pretty rad

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

A Primal Bardiche is useful for Gem of Ease'ing for off-season speed leveling.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

maybe you can replace devour with reaper's wraps? idk. aotd in general seems lacklustre, which sucks as it's an awesome looking skill

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Only two classes I haven't touched are Monk and Witch Doctor.

Suggestions on which one I should roll for Season 11? I'm assuming basically everyone but me will be playing Necro so maybe whichever one complements a Necro Team?

Witch Doctor has a load of really good builds and they're great fun.

Monk has less fun builds, but it's okay too I guess.

Think I might go Wiz this season, cos while I want to go Crusader, I don't like being pigeonholed into a couple of builds, one of which is a LoN shitheap.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Hauki posted:

Wait does the challenge rift give the bounty crafting mats or something? I assume you still have to mindlessly run A1 caches for any build that wants a RoRG though.

It does, yeah. So run it once per week for the reward, then only run the bounties for the specific drops you need like RRoG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Dameius posted:

I can't speak for EU side, but I think I remember an EU player saying the community was either a different name or not enough people to keep it going. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll let one of the EU guys jump in to confirm what is the case.

I never found any LLJK clan or community active on EU; been living my life goon free in D3 for years. I think it's why my enthusiasm burns out so quickly.