Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

coconono posted:

somewhere in the FCC dungeons some guy is screaming about how ala carte pricing is here and you can't stop it.

Its here till some Disney big wig pitches a bundle of services with some exclusive ones in it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

IceAgeComing posted:

Nothing on who is behind it other than a 'former Bushiroad executive' with an 'ex-Stardom wrestler' being involved. The Stardom side apparently know nothing about this: Tokyo Sports only what the American press is reporting so it doesn't seem to be something that's making waves there.

The former Bushiroad executive feels like they could be involved if they are planning an anime given Bushiroad's strategy of using anime to promote its mobage/card games/stage plays. But than also you'd think they'd look at the fact that Bushiroad hasn't made an anime for New Japan or Stardom (just had talent do some guest spots) as to why it wouldn't be the best idea

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

She probably has a legit beef with the media and Rossy but throwing the modern Joshi scene probably isn't going to make her many friends especially if WWE goes talent hunting again. And also it's not like her vision for Joshi wasn't without issues as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The anime side of things maybe makes me think they could have a Kadakowa or another mobile game company like Cygame or NetEase spending some money in case it's a hit but than I think if they were involved we'd either have something leaked about that

Probably a money mark/laundering yeah...though with the writers strike I could see it maybe attracting some low level TV/streaming exec into thinking they're getting a combination of the next AEW/Shonen Jump hit

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's kinda of telling that beyond a few cameo's in the odd Bushiroad anime/mobage Bushiroad itself hasn't done an anime of Stardom/New Japan so I'm doubting the connection

And even if it's their most US led anime projects are...usually not good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anime Josh Lucha underground sure is decision given how Lucha Underground didn't end up working but I'll probably watch the first show to see how it works. And hey I don't mind big home run swings cause if it does work it'll stand out way more

Just like get an actual anime studio to do the anime bits so they don't look like How to Draw Manga/Anime level bad

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

yea ok posted:

it's very ambitious that's for sure

Yeah it's either gonna be a big hit or crash and burn spectacularly and I kinda of appreciate it for trying something like that instead of something that would just end up being around

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

With that number of tickets they 100% expect to make their money on TV/streaming which on one hand is a huge gamble but OTOH with the writers strike they may just get on TV

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You figure with them going anime they'd maybe lean into what Vtubers do to make money but nope...

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Went with TJPW over Stardom before Wrestle Kingdom as it felt like a more complete show. Let's goooooo

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Apparently not only was Chigusa Nagayo's West Coast Pro match her final match in the US but it was her final match period.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah given the reach of Abema plus the value having a New Japan show on the services gives I doubt we're gonna any kind of war or heat (especially given the state of the business)

Also lamo that line up sure is underwhelming and Rossy going full All Japan Woman for the dojo is something

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Gonna take them down to the ACL ranch.

Man, gently caress Rossy, gently caress HHH, and gently caress WWE. I hope this fails more spectacularly than WWE UK and does less damage to the scene in the process.

If WWE really put money into this I'd expect they'd use the NXT name and probably would want its show on Netflix and not on service that owns a competitor. I imagine the extent of stuff agreed to is that Guilia is gonna work some dates and maybe some other talent might do a date or two but nothing more. It just doesn't make financial sense for WWE to spend money on this

Which is gonna make it funny if it doesn't do well and Rossy is using his own money/laundering other money

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Given the numbers WWE does on Abema running Tokyo Dome would be crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

So not exactly Misawa leaving with the entire AJPW roster.

Hell it's hardly an SWS or Gaea