Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Power Windows posted:

Syuri's new unit is God's Eye

Incredibly powerful

I'm trying to make a ASoIaF joke but it's not landing. Cool name though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/njpwglobal/status/1651768196070866946?s=46&t=hbDc7-uIeXTMLR92gRUzWg

Kinda makes me wonder what the point of the IWGP women's title was but ok this is happening

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
So NJPW has two women's singles titles now for a roster of...1?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
There's a lot of people that seem to think Guilia would be a major star in AEW or WWE, like "oh this time it'll be different. She's a can't miss superstar!" and all I can think is I've seen several Guilia-tier joshi meander through NA wrestling careers by now why in the world would Guilia be any different?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

yea ok posted:

In the past when they did a substitute they just gave someone else the injured person's booking. A little surprised they couldn't do it since the injury happened so early, but also understandable. Also, 7/29 is up on VOD and 7/30 will go up tomorrow early.

Heard Saya was supposed to win, which would make sense why they didn't do that this time

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Seems like a weird move when they didn't really do anything with her last time, she left because she was getting killed by unsafe workers, they wouldn't let her do anything at all but sit at home and wait out her contract, and they currently have like 10 women they're already not using.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
We should all be so lucky as to have someone like Charlotte Flair as a comrade in arms

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Why is surprised pikachu in that tweet when Rousey/Suyri would legit be a big surprise. Have memes lost all meaning?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Guilia in WWE would be a massive waste almost on the level of Ospreay in WWE

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
As if Stardom needed any more injury problems now they're being assimilated into the knee-destroying collective

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Hope it's not nxt Japan. Definitely not excited to watch Mayu have to stop taking neck bumps.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

This is not the first time he's reported this either.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1754367642192736462

This would make it seem like she's following Rossy wherever and doesn't feel she needs an agent to do that.

i still have no idea how he's going to just start up another promotion though, but I'm not nearly knowledgeable enough on Japan/joshi to know how difficult that would be right now. Kinda sorta smells like the beginnings of nxt japan to me but that was more of a triple h dream and have no idea if Endeavor has any plans for an expansion like that.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Can't wait to watch Guilia shred her knees in nxt

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Isn't Mayu reportedly under a long term deal with Stardom

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Isn't that pretty much the exact same stance we all take when someone retires to WWE to make slom though

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Utami leaving to join the totally-not-a-wwe-feeder-promotion is so so sad

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I hope Guilia has some tough ACLs

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
She's just waiting to put her over in Rossydom

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Rossy definitely doesn't have WWE backing yet but he's trying his damndest to get it. I don't really see a reason why they would give it to him though. Maybe if his promotion really takes off big and/or he's able to get a couple more big names from Stardom for it but I just don't think there's enough money in it for WWE to be involved in a financial way right now. Too bad for Triple H that the company got merged with Endeavor before he could enact his global takeover strategy because you know if it were up to only him he'd have already done it.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

IceAgeComing posted:

However WWE might look at the AEW partnerships with NJPW + Cyberfight which for them appears to have only been successful in terms of them getting talent plus building hype for shows (thinking of Forbidden Door here) while also giving them a leg up over WWE in contract negotiations by offering the chance to work Japan or Mexico or wherever. If you are WWE you can simply do that right: it doesn't need some WWE Performance Centre in Tokyo, it doesn't need you to hire lots of people; all it really requires is to perhaps send some cash and talent over to said partner every so often and then perhaps bringing them in. Its WWE so I am sceptical of it working longer term as none of their partnerships have but in a post-Vince world the idea of WWE management thinking 'why do we NEED to build our own thing in Japan to work with people there' doesn't seem outlandish to me.

I guess this is possible but I still wonder what WWE's benefit is here. If it's to even the playing field with AEW in terms of signing prospects well they just got their main target Guilia with no competition from AEW, and personally I don't see them trying to sign a bunch of Joshi, because... If the point of this is to have a place to send their PC trainees on a brief excursion, well, I guess I just don't buy that since I really don't think WWE wants their wrestlers wrestling the Joshi style.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1781512050293842386

Pretty damning if Kenny of all people has bad things to say about you

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Do you think guilia is self aware enough to realize that her 'taking a risk' and jumping to Marigold is not the same as someone without a WWE contract taking that same risk?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Is she a free agent or was that world wide web tweet just clever wordplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Rossy's Megan Bayne replacement