Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
While WWE is whitewashing history CMLL is positioning a women's apuestas match as the main event of their biggest show of the year.

Commentary tonight seemed to back it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hopefully Cody can tell people apart.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Oh I know. I think the STARDOM stuff is lovely, but lmao at listening to advice from Christopher Daniels.

Now if it were from someone with actual success in the business like HBK or Bret Hart or something, I would be disappointed in her. But considering the peak of Christopher Daniels's career was taking a martini out of a locker in TNA, I would ignore his advice as well.

Daniels is only one of the most respected wrestlers of the last 20 years who is cited as a major influence by some of the best wrestlers of the last 15 years.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IceAgeComing posted:

Hopefully next time Stardom do this they work with actually competent people who manage to actually present the very good show that Stardom put out in the way that it deserves to be: and not in a broken ring with the big singles title match being ruined by the stream breaking. Could be WWN, Wrestlecon or whoever I don't care; someone ACTUALLY good please!

That match was legit probably the most anticipated match that I had full stop - not just this weekend - and to have it basically ruined like that is incredibly annoying. That probably sounds over the top and whatever but its entirely unacceptable for a live stream that I've paid for to entirely miss the ending of the most important match on the card (and also the Oedo Tai dance which is almost important for a Stardom show but like claiming a refund for that by itself would be silly). Its not Stardoms fault and I'm sure that they are well aware of that but that doesn't matter: if I spend money on a show I expect to get the full show and while I might tolerate a prelim match being messed up like that not what is effectively the main event of the show!

They offered me ten fite credits and to keep the replay (which has the gap in it so its not even like that helps) and I accepted since I'll probably use those in the future. I imagine that if you pushed for a cash refund you might just get one.

The match was really great so hopefully it's up on Stardom World soon. It really sucks because it was the perfect match for that card.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hana Kimura is dead, I don't even know what to say this is horrible.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1264043551718961152

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vince MechMahon posted:

I've given up on AEW fixing their women's division and have subscribed to Stardom World. What should I watch?

E: I also signed up to the Tokyo Joshi Pro one cause I want to see Itoh.

Watch Mayu Iwatani's title reign, it's very good and will get you caught up to the next really big match in Stardom. Don't miss the non title Iroha match or the Lumberjack match on the No People Gate show. Her winning the title was a really great moment and I've loved basically every title match. There's not that many anyway. Throw in the 5 Star GP match vs Momo from last year too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Senerio posted:

Also just watch Momo Watanabe matches in general. She's got it in a way that few wrestlers do I feel.

Yeah she's great. Was my favorite until the Arisa Hoshiki match and then she became my favorite because I like winners and kicks. Still sad about her retirement.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. And this is the team that did English commentary on recent NOAH shows too. Which I still haven't seen but love that it exists.

They are so boring on NOAH I would prefer anything else.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CMLL announced the line up for the Women's Grand Prix, some talent people in here will be interested in:

https://twitter.com/CMLL_OFICIAL/status/1570182978243796998

The Grand Prix is a Mexico vs the World Cibernetico. The men's version was amazing, the CMLL women aren't very good but who knows Ciberneticos can lead to good stuff with not so great talent.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'm a sucker for weird gimmicky promotions and anything related to sukeban so color me tentatively interested. Loved that hype video.

Though the whole recasting thing gives me Wrestling Revolution Project vibes, which ended up being a thing that never actually happened, so, we'll see.

That is the exact vibe I got when I read the full tweet but I guess it won't be focusing on boring WWE style matches like WRP, so it isn't quite as dumb.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Do we have any idea who is funding Sukeban yet. I have tried to stay on top of this but the people I expected to know had no idea but maybe it has been reported and I missed it.

I am not suggesting it's anything sinister I am just curious who is behind it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
My friend who is not a wrestling fan at all designed the latex costumes and ring gear so they brought her in last night to work backstage. She texted me before the show “who should I try to meet?” And I said Yuu and a few others. She texts me later “I just made friends with Bull Nakano”

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I came to find info on where to see Sareeeism 3 and I found something more fascinating in these WOW posts. I don't mean any offense it's just a promotion that no one talks about, not even to dunk on like the NWA or MLW. So seeing a fan be passionate about it is very unexpected and kind of cool. I know the show is on the same basic stations ROH on Sinclair was but I completely forgot that so seeing people ask "how do you even watch it" is kind of my first reaction I hadn't thought about their TV since I saw the last post about their viewership.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Miching Mallecho posted:

Tony didn't like him.
I don't know what this means but it means something.

https://x.com/tonykhan/status/1754347589456019715?s=46

He's wanted to use STARDOM wrestlers on Forbidden Door but kept getting rejected by The Hat Man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fez_machine posted:

Reminder that Stardom was bought by Bushiroad because WWE was sniffing around

And Rossy was very tempted by a WWE Hall of Fame induction. He's a very weird guy. Love the hats though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That is so unbelievably sad.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dancing Peasant posted:

Given Mayu's professional relationship with Rossy, I'd bet she follows him the minute she loses the IWGP Women's belt to Mina, which happens in a few weeks.

She's under long term contract.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This is not the first time he's reported this either.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1754367642192736462

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Stardom saved!

https://twitter.com/Peps_Wrestling/status/1755337890811318723

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/articles/-/291558

Tam staying

Edit. gently caress. Beaten. :D :D :D

It's so much faster when you just use the clout demons.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/rossyogawa/status/1775752106978480345

https://twitter.com/KeemWins/status/1775597382396420449

SRS expects Rossy and Giulia at NXT, Rossy's thing to be NXT Japan or under the WWE banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Great news, maybe we'll even see some of the other people Rossy chased off come back.