Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

quote:

A recent YouTube stunt gone awry may land one Minnesota teen in prison for second-degree manslaughter. MonaLisa Perez, 19, was arrested Monday night after she fatally shot her boyfriend, 22-year-old Pedro Ruiz, in the chest while they were making a YouTube video at the couple's house in Norman County, not far from Fargo, North Dakota. She is currently pregnant with their second child.

If convicted, Perez could face a maximum sentence of 10 years and a fine of up to $20,000. According to the Star Tribune, Perez called 911 on Monday evening to report that she had accidentally shot Ruiz while their 3-year-old daughter looked on; authorities arrived at the home to find Ruiz with a single gunshot wound in his chest. He died at the scene.

In a criminal complaint filed that same night and obtained by the Star Tribune, Perez told police that Ruiz wanted to make a YouTube video of her shooting a book (County Attorney James Brue described the book in question as a hardcover encyclopedia) to see whether the bullet would go through.

The couple had set up a GoPro camera and another camera placed high up on a nearby ladder to record the stunt; both cameras are now being used as evidence in the investigation.

Perez tweeted a message Monday night, presumably shortly before they filmed the stunt, telling followers, "Me and Pedro are probably going to shoot one of the most dangerous videos ever. HIS idea not MINE."

In March, Perez launched a YouTube channel dedicated to showing "the real life of a young couple who happen to be teen parents." Several of the videos uploaded to their joint channel feature her and Ruiz performing pranks and challenges, with a recent post titled "Doing scary stunts at the fair | part 1."

"Imagine when we have 300,000 subscribers," Perez says at one point in the video.

According to the criminal complaint, Perez told authorities that Ruiz had been trying to convince her "for a while" to perform the dangerous stunt that would ultimately end his life. She alleged that he had even shown her a different book that a bullet did not go through.

Perez also said that she shot Ruiz from just one foot away, using a .50 caliber Desert Eagle firearm.

"They were in love, they loved each other," Ruiz's aunt Claudia Ruiz told WDAY-TV. "It was just a prank gone wrong. It shouldn't have happened like this. It shouldn't have happened at all."

"He told me he had an idea. I said, 'Don't do it, don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun, why?'" Ruiz told the TV station. "He said, 'Because we want more viewers.'"

Perez is being held in a regional jail in Crookston and is scheduled to appear in Norman County court by video Wednesday afternoon.

An unemployed 19-year-old with fewer than 500 YouTube followers decided that shooting her boyfriend point blank with a high powered handgun would be her ticket to e-fame. Apparently the idea was that he was supposed to stop the bullet with an encyclopedia? You might think they would have just tried shooting an encyclopedia that didn't have anyone standing behind it first just to make sure that it was really as bulletproof as they thought it would be, but only because you're not thinking like a Youtube superstar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaSpagkgaok&t=198s

Share your sickest Youtube pranks itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
IMAGINE WHEN WE HAVE 300,000 SUBSCRIBERS THOUGH

I mean it was a good idea in that sense, that video would have gotten 9 billion views and probably make the news and spark all sorts of arguments. But instead he died so

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Perez is being held in a regional jail in Crookston

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Really thought these teen parents would showcase better critical thinking skills

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
drat, another young man escaping the clutches of fatherhood

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Lmao it was a loving deagle

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I say let her go free or at most give her a reduced sentence, if it was really his idea then most of the fault lies with him.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Most people just say they're going to pick up cigarettes

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
hey guys i have a tip dont shoot at someone with a gun

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Perez also said that she shot Ruiz from just one foot away, using a .50 caliber Desert Eagle firearm.

a book. wow.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

Psycho Society posted:

Most people just say they're going to pick up cigarettes

Nah, they'd find him and he'd be stuck with child support forever. This encyclopedia shooting was the only way.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gurf really stepping it up. i like it

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFKotz4ur50

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I hope this isn't the way I die

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Barely over 6000 views. Manslaughter or GTFO

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Fallows posted:

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
a .22 maybe

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
They heard you couldn't fire a handgun through an encyclopedia so they dug out an old 1996 Encarta CD... :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doesnt even qualify for a Darwin Award because shes pregnant.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

quote:

"I said, 'Don't do it, don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun, why?'" Ruiz told the TV station. "He said, 'Because we want more viewers.'"
i told u i was hardcore

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
lmao a loving deagle are you kidding me

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
i wonder if people this dumb feel stupid as they lie there dying or if they're just like "curse this unforeseeable state of affairs"

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Cubone posted:

i told u i was hardcore

Look, the epic hot pepper prank and hot candle wax prank weren't raking in the ad dollars, the hot lead prank was the natural progression.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Turns out, the zebra did it.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

when your subs arent growing fast enough sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Fallows posted:

juan deag indeed

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

numberoneposter posted:

juan deag indeed

lol

shorty's tap game on point

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

VikingSkull posted:

lmao a loving deagle

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wish it worked so shooting yourself in the chest could be the new fidget spinner

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

counter-terrorists win

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

VikingSkull posted:

lmao a loving deagle

Hell Yeah posted:

counter-terrorists win

8.5/10 decently hot takes, would shoot through your reading again

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Its good when blowfish posts, his custom title is funny.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
MonaLisa Perez.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
YouTube is loving weird. Who was that guy who was eating terrible poo poo for youtube and had a mental breakdown?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the internet makes you stupid. youtube makes you dead and stupid.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

juan deag indeed

fucckck came here to post this

fuckin juanita deag over here

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Catastrophe posted:

They heard you couldn't fire a handgun through an encyclopedia so they dug out an old 1996 Encarta CD... :(
It was just bad luck the bullet went right through the hole at the centre.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Perez F to pay respects.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWNBV6ndmH4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
imo this lady's lawyer should argue that their client was misled by the critically acclaimed USA Network documentary Burn Notice as to the use of books as bulletproof armor.

• Locked thread