Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
some of the most critical technology in the world like tcp and dhcp was developed through the ietf rfc process

does anybody know where exactly people can comment on proposals for new standards? is there a xenforo set up somewhere? i feel like i could contribute a lot to the future internet protocols by posting insightful comments such as "wow this blows" or "did you poop your diaper while writing this dumb proposal you stupid baby lmao"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

gas

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

the rfcs have the authors' names and email addresses on them, hth

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
being a bitch grognard who flies all over the world to say 'no' repeatedly at different ietf meetings is v pro

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
webrtc must support sdp to work with my poo poo 80s sip pbx or else!!!

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

and ban op

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

webrtc must support sdp to work with my poo poo 80s sip pbx or else!!!

you're thinking of ITU standards, friend

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
welcome to whatwg, the standards site that anyone can change!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Skim Milk posted:

and ban op

rfgb 3825334

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
proposal for shitposting protocol - RFC 420-69

exhibit 1.1: your posts

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
pity comment

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

suffix posted:

pity comment

but did anyone request it? 🤔

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

nice reliable transport layer, for a clown to send byte streams to the circus with.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ground floor of this new internet standard for transmission of present-day shitposts via forum software from the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

nice reliable transport layer, for a clown to send byte streams to the circus with.

Or anywhere else you want!

• Locked thread