Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://cellslip.com

quote:

Mitch and Savanna Bain are a husband and wife team that have a passion for raising awareness of the distracted driving epidemic. This epidemic is plaguing our roads and is taking 11 lives a day.

They took on this challenge in 2016, but brought more passion to the cause recently when Savanna and 3 of their children were hit by a distracted driver. Savanna and their children were lucky to walk away with minor injuries, and now use this incident as personal evidence that drivers need to use a CellSlip.

After the crash, Mitch found a material that would block every signal to a cellular phone, and shortly after, designed the first CellSlip pouch. Savanna and Mitch want CellSlip in the hands of as many drivers as possible and are confident it will save many lives. Whether you are buying a CellSlip for your teen driver, yourself, or for your organization, we want to thank you for joining us in the mission to save lives!

Mitch and Savanna

isnt this against some fcc law and could endanger people if you leave your phone in the "slip" and get hurt or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's not illegal to block your own signal

you just posted this for the goatse logo, admit it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i assume youre posting this thread because of the goatse logo

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i have to say i agree with this initiative: people shouldnt stick their phones up their butts. a case is a much better place for it

Incomplete Fish
Apr 22, 2006

Grimey Drawer
no ring, voted 1

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
are they not married where is that ring

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

poty posted:

i assume youre posting this thread because of the goatse logo

yeah lol its in the thread title

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

there's Bluetooth and CarPlay this product is salt
"This epidemic is plaguing our roads and is taking 11 lives a day."
distracted driving...is good?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
why not tell people to turn their phones off, isn't that a much saner version of the same idea

oh wait, i guess "turning your phone off" isn't a product that they can profit from

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what if I got a tweet though

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sham bam bamina! posted:

why not tell people to turn their phones off, isn't that a much saner version of the same idea

oh wait, i guess "turning your phone off" isn't a product that they can profit from

and wait for it to boot? this is murka, where the lovely cable boxes just rest at full power instead of make people wait for a tiny moment and save energy

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Thank god ios 11 isnt a thing otherwise I would be worried about their business plan

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I'm glad the op is probated

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

distracted driving is really bad in the us and this is cool & good

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
How will they know the bag blocks the cell phone signal? You can't see the screen when it's in the bag!

poty posted:

i have to say i agree with this initiative: people shouldnt stick their phones up their butts. a case is a much better place for it

The ol' butt method has the same issue.

I'm not sure if the light in my fridge goes out when I close the door either. :tinfoil:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

every few months my grandma sees a news story about those drat kids texting and driving and she phones me to tell me i should make an electronic thing that blocks all phones from working while you're in the car.

i told her that it was illegal to jam cell phones and she said "well it shouldn't be if it's on your own property" and i guess i can't really argue with that logic

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Incomplete Fish posted:

no ringtone, voted 1

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
iOS revised we can close this bug now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

every few months my grandma sees a news story about those drat kids texting and driving and she phones me to tell me i should make an electronic thing that blocks all phones from working while you're in the car.

i told her that it was illegal to jam cell phones and she said "well it shouldn't be if it's on your own property" and i guess i can't really argue with that logic

why can't phones just use their accelerometers to not take certain input

oh no passengers can't text now how awful

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
this is why terrorists hate us

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

why can't phones just use their accelerometers to not take certain input

oh no passengers can't text now how awful

they do. mine will even text them back automatically that I'm driving.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
but imho the real problem is idiots with such poor impulse control that they can't wait until they're stopped to take a text, and those are the same people who would never use this because "what if it's important"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

but imho the real problem is idiots with such poor impulse control that they can't wait until they're stopped to take a text, and those are the same people who would never use this because "what if it's important"

have people started arguing the iphone thing with nanny state or survival of the fittest

• Locked thread