Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I forgot my keeb was in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

VostokProgram posted:

Tell me what this is I must have one

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I want one of these for my garage

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

IAmKale posted:

I went looking for a TKL with dedicated volume control keys similar to the K70. While I found the K63, I was dismayed that its Ctrl/Super/Alt keys aren't all the same size, so I can't use any of my fancy keycap sets. Do I have any other options for a TKL with non-Fn-key-based volume control?

And on a separate note, a coworker picked up a Chinese "50g electrostatic capacitive" TKL keyboard - this is the same as a "Topre-like"? I loved the feel of his keyboard and so now I'm looking at something to replace this K60 using MX Blues. Should I go for a proper Topre, or are Topre-likes fine options in their own right? Any suggestions either way?

Honestly I have had a Realforce, HHKB, Leopold FC660C and a Chinese knockoff and they are about the same. The difference is in the finish and the plastics. The Chinese knockoff also takes more keycaps because they have the hybrid stems.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
No poo poo. Straight triggered here

mewse posted:

kbdfans has some white POM topre caps in stock right now and it's the only reason I would want a topre board

quote:

Blank print

Made in Cina
.... Ok.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I have a FC660C that I broke the USB port on. Broke off internally. I'm so bummed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah it's mini b and I miss that board, but I loathe mini b.

Hell I'd take old school full-size type b because then the fucker won't work loose every time I move the board around on my desk.

I could totally send the board in for repair but I have zero loving clue what to look for.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I have a variable Realforce and I kinda just don't like it. I have a 86UB and the outside keys are too light.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Any owners of the Leopold FC660C looking to spice up their keyboard with a custom case?

My mini USB port is broken and I don't know who to send it to to get fixed. :c

e: $260.00 hahahahahahaha nope

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

HappyCapybaraFamily posted:

Don't click the Monolith option then :ohdear:

Holy gently caress hahhahahaa

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
My friends, as is the answer so often, Topre brings you the comfort you seek.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Oh cool they made a modern buckling spring board!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

8 Ball posted:

Which switches are most similar to an old manual typewriter? My nan used to work as a typist and often complains of how she can’t type as well or as fast on modern keyboards. I let her have a go on my Razer mechanical keyboard and it was great to see her picking up speed and fluency with the clacky keys. I’d like to get her a mechanical keyboard she feels comfortable using as it’s a big reason why she avoids computers, so if anyone has keyboard suggestions that’d be great too :)

Beam springs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRH1ULmbNA

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

ragedx posted:

Is there any mechanical keyboards that are not loud? Something that is the same volume as some of the quite regular keyboards? I usually do my stuff at night when the wife and kids are asleep
and when I tried a mechanical keyboard it sounded like gunshots going off. I don't mind it being expensive but I having a hard time finding something that is actually decent and not some ebay knockoff

Not mechanical but topre is very nice and quiet

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

spongepuppy posted:

Yesterday I took delivery of a hilariously named "Metoo" brand keyboard from AliExpress. I mostly ordered it to see if it was possible to have a remotely serviceable mechanical keyboard that cost $20, and my initial impression was generally favourable...

...until I noticed that a few keyboard shortcuts that use left Ctrl+Shift weren't working.

It turns out it's not a bug, but a documented feature right there on the product listing:

Anyhow, that's my cheap mechanical keyboard caveat emptor story, thanks for listening.

:w00t:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Duzzy any mech is gonna feel way more better than any dome.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Shaocaholica posted:

AT connector. New old stock. No windows key. So....early 90s?

That looks like a great lgr video thing.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

redeyes posted:

I just got Niz Plum 68 key. It's bluetooth/USB C and has capacitive key switches. Talk about a different feeling keyboard. I still like it a lot. It kinda feels somewhere between a rubber dome and a mechanical but better (Torpe?!). Much quieter than any cherry for sure. It's got a really nice tight feel to key presses.

Also if anyone cares it can change from Mac to PC with a hotkey. Has Macros, caps lock lockout and some key-switcher stuff. USB C and can bluetooth pair to 3 devices.

Far as the sensitivity, somewhere between Browns and Reds in terms of activation point and force. Least thats what my fingers tell me. The feel is so different though, i've never used anything even close to this.

https://www.epomaker.com/product/niz-plum-atom66-68-keyboards/

Yeah it's a feeling of oneness with cup rubber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Malcolm XML posted:

nah that's some garbage knockoff. unless ur paying for the primo Nippon cup rubber, not worth it

e: https://www.nizkeyboard.com/products/niz-2019-new-atom-68-ec-bluetooth-keyboard-rgb-or-non-rgb?variant=30346364059719 drat if this sucker was programmable with qmk i'd finally replace my aging hhkb pro 2, the greatest of all keyboards

Yeah I have a plum and a real Force 84u. The plum is not bad though, the action is just a little gritty?

I like it still is smooth enough and I actually like the feedback in a weird way.