Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

This...is the loving best game ever. See you Space Cowboy? A FFVII sword? The Power Rangers plinth? Holy poo poo catch a riiiiiide

For those of us playing at home, what are you watching? (Playing?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
that is severely interesting!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

InitialDave posted:

Can someone please buy the Isuzu Piazza Turbo that's on Ebay so it stops tempting me?

It's a good thing my tax return is spoken for by vinyl and a method to play such records otherwise I'd be headed rapidly towards such depths heights

slothrop fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 18, 2017

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

scuz posted:

In other news, I've become obsessed with MR2 AW11s because
1.) already attempted to service a VW W8 so how hard could this be, and
2.) I like things that are angled, and
3.) I want my "race car" to not pull any punches and let me know just exactly how good/bad of a driver I am.
4.)THEY'RE AWESOME

Oh hey me too. I really wanna go buy this one but it's not a smart decision at the moment.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-MR2-1988/SSE-AD-4860448/?Cr=1

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Enourmo posted:

mother gently caress i am in full on rage mode today

didn't help that I had dipshits loving with me on the road. Oh, here's a miata who thinks he's loving Senna passing three cars and then nearly ripping off my front bumper cutting in front of me, just to immediately stop and wait for 2 full cycles of the light before we both got through the turn. Here's a GTO who's loving pacing me for some reason, driving 10 under until I get over to pass at which point he starts pacing me up to 60; I slow and get back behind him, rinse and repeat. Here's some idiot in a rav4 who's matching speed with slow traffic even though our lane is fully clear, and randomly stepping on the brakes every couple seconds.

And since I have no actual outlet for anger I post about it here! enjoy, kids

I loving HATE sharing the road with assholes like this. Express your rage my friend.

I'm laying in bed at 1pm, drinking coffee and putting off packing the car. I'm off camping tonight, forecast is -5C. Oh well, guess we'll have a fire and cook some steaks.

Any Ausgoons have recommendations for Car museums/other interesting poo poo to hit up? My rough route is pictured below, buts it's very open to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ephphatha posted:

Alright, so you've probably already left but just in case Katoomba>Bathurst via Sodwalls Rd and Tarana Rd is a more interesting drive than bombing down the great western. Narrow and twisty so in a car you'll probably take about 15 minutes longer for that stretch if that's an issue.

Bathurst>Temora you're kinda hosed for choice, however detouring onto Iandra Rd (between Cowra and Young) to go past Iandra Castle could be worth it if you feel like looking at an interesting building. I've gone past there a couple of times for work trips but never actually visited the museum so can't speak for it.

I personally hate the hume so after Beechworth I'd go via Mansfield-Whitfield Rd then probably via Yea, but if you're up for it you could take the long way round and go on the Mansfield-Woods Point Rd. I think it's all sealed now but I can't vouch for it. Going via Yea probably wont take much longer than taking the Hume, going via Woods Point will definitely add a few hours to the trip.

Can't offer any advice for your return along the coast, I know some people recommend going through the Royal National Park but it's also a cop magnet so it's probably wise to skip that.

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look tonight when I'm camping in Temora. We did steaks directly on the fire last night and it was awesome.

https://i.imgur.com/gbbA30M.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/KF4q8XA.jpg

• Locked thread