Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Whelp, it's official. The wife and I have done something really stupid.

Now to go enlist a friend to take some proper pictures for the Post Your Ride thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I have no idea why anyone would open up an old electronic device and expect to find the issue without offering a sacrifice to the gods first

All pre integrated circuit electronics are super easy to diagnose. You really just need your eyes, nose and a multimeter. Maybe an oscilloscope in the very rare case. Once chips started showing up, then things get much more difficult.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

ilkhan posted:

Y'all are dicks about some things, but you were right about the F-150 compared to the Taco. A Lightning Blue 501A Supercrew followed me home today.

Yesssss, one of us. One of us. All hail the aluminum behemoth.

• Locked thread