Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rascal is one handsome bastard.

I will also say that Canada Day to Independence Day is parallel to the value of the looney to the dollar :smugdog: and I am now enjoying my four day weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I could sell my house in Utah and nearly pay for those in cash with the equity from my house.

Being a thousandaire in Indiana doesn't seem to bad.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Firing customers is sometimes easy. Other times it is hard when they are completely volatile. I have been drafting an email to a customer off and on all morning making sure the words are chosen tactfully so that it ends the business relationship but leaves him little to no recourse for bitching and moaning on social media about it.

Life advice: if you somehow find a problem with every single thing you ever get from a company and find yourself to be the only one experiencing problems :siren:you are the problem.:siren: Accept defeat, move on. You have taken enough time and resources.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Siochain posted:

I miss that from 2 jobs ago. We were really laid back and easy going, so I only ever had to fire about 3 customers in 3-4 years, but I loved it. Because if they had gotten to that point, they were awful.
So I'd draft up a very nice polite letter apologizing for us not being able to meet their standards and wishing them the best in finding a company that will cater to their specific needs. So cathartic.

This is exactly the situation I am in. For reference, I am in the large scale radio controlled hobby industry; so toy cars, fun things. My preface was essentially our purpose is helping people enjoy their hobby and we have failed to do so on multiple occasions. Therefore we are not serving him well and we need to discontinue our business relationship. I offered to get these last couple small parts back from him and give him a full refund (for used/now ruined parts) and wished him well.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

fridge corn posted:

the guy moving to ukraine is now the coolest person itt sry to the rest of you chumps

That weird time of the month when fridge corn is right. CSB this all sound really fascinating! I look forward to hearing more about your adventures.

Rhyno posted:

We got the rest of our engagement photos back. They're pretty gross.

http://i.imgur.com/KGJymLc.jpg

This is adorable. You guys look great!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

Smoked 2 pork shoulders and they are so good, cant believe it's been over a year since i have made it

Were you in a coma or in prison? Why would you wait that long? I am generally trying to find reasons to smoke pork shoulders more than twice a month. Understand that the in between weeks are spent smoking ribs/steak/chicken.

I smoked a pot roast a few weeks ago and just thinking about the gravy makes me tear up it was that beautiful.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

mekilljoydammit posted:

You're making me feel better about my decision to build a balls out gravity feed cabinet smoker for my next smoker.

Eating meat that has been cooked over a fire of wood is always in style and you should feel good about your life choices.

Wrar posted:

AI Dads/Moms how nervous should I be since my wife is due any time now.

Just be worried they get addictive and you end up having more. Our littlest dude is 3 weeks old now. Good luck and Congrats!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Something is pushing me to want to buy a CNC machine. Something that I can start making billet aluminum parts from. It seems like there would be demand to have access to a machine like that. I am saying that as while I feel confident in my current occupation it is always good to have something in reserve. I am wanting to either look into manufacturing/selling things or learn some sort of high paying skill trade. I don't even know where to begin on this though. It is normal to have thoughts like this, right?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

SCA Enthusiast posted:

4'20" 69 lbs here

In my pants :pervert:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

cursedshitbox posted:

Go see Chernobyl unless you're scared of living without starbucks and artisanal toast.

Amazing. When in 6th grade I did my country report on Ukraine. It was before the internet so all my research involved library trips and encyclopedias. It is such an interesting country! Like someone else mentioned Pripyat/Chernobyl also got my interest after that level in Call of Duty and during my time at work spent looking up urban exploring online. I would love to just take in all of the scenery. It's so perfectly eerie. Very sad, and becomes more interesting with the more that time passes.

quote:

I had a rad guide.

Yooooou sonovabitch :haw:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Congrats. Best part of pregnancy is pregnancy boobs.

That's about the only good part. It gets better when you have the baby though.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Hey there are plenty of AI dads in here who would instantly wade through the shitshow called parenting all over again for their crotchlings. I'm into week five with our third and the literal ball ache of pregnancy and postpartum is worth the happiness for this little guy.

Cat people should understand the similarities.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Tell this person that you hate Bronies. Or love them. Whichever drives that person away.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

My wife does the Warboys V8 salute when she sees my car, so my advice to Rhyno and Tusen is :sever:

My wife was never crazy about the E36 because the suspension was blown out, but on smooth roads she did enjoy it and she liked taking it out but really never drove it that much. We got the E90 M3 while she was in the middle of pregnancy and didn't care too much for the heavily bolstered seats or the "road feel" that the car communicated back.

Fast forward one month postpartum she has taken the car out a few times a week by herself or just herself and the little baby and she tells me how much she loves it. She said her favorite thing is the sound of the V8. Total keeper.

Rhyno, buy an M3 for your bride to be.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Well he was tired of hanging around I guess. I had my moment of listening to LP until I actually listened to the lyrics and realized they were total shite. Sounds like they just needed their dad to give them a hug.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Cage posted:

Well, he was sexually abused by an older male when he was 7 so he could understandably be pretty wary of stuff like that. He needed help no doubt though.

That is pretty grim and suddenly explains a lot. Not enough of an LP fan to know the his life story so I resort to neanderthal ways by judging people based on what they produce. I am a horrible person

To be fair it was probably the radio that still to this day plays their stuff on repeat that soured me on their whole library of stuff.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

I reaaaaaaally liked Dunkirk. Time to reread wiki pages for the BF-109, Spitfire, and Hurricane. The way the Spitfire cabins creaked-- something I'd not seen portrayed before.
Maybe not being British means I'm missing out on bad or good (likely the latter) details and general :britain:. Like I noticed the Scottish soldiers could wear tams, but maybe more of that slipped by.

:same: my parents texted on a whim to come watch our kids so we could go on a date. Timing didn't work for spider man or Wonder Woman (you never see movies when you have kids unless they are kid movies) but Dunkirk in IMAX was playing and boy am I glad I watched in IMAX. The sound was incredible. As usual Nolan delivered a seriously good movie people will be talking about until the next one he does.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I recently streamed 13 Hours, the Benghazi movie. I enjoyed it even though it was a Michael Bay-Splosion film.

Bad opinions; I have plenty.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

I remember looking up the definition (by date) of Millennials to find out that I am apparently one. I don't really identify with them though. I am the caboose of five kids so I followed a lot of my siblings in what they do. When you talk to a Millennial and they don't understand why Dumb & Dumber is literal art and Tommy Boy is peak culture then I just don't even know what to think. I guess I am also a broken millennial because when I hear them bitch and moan about jobs and school debt I want to give them a talking to about bootstraps.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Everyone is cool except mormons.

Hey man I thought we were cool :cry:

Sadi posted:

The problem with mormons is it's really hard to get a good beer in Utah.

Yeah. Sorry about that. As I understand it there are some really good ones, but you have to go to a bar or state owned liquor store.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm not the only one who's watched this?

No you definitely are not. Much like Arrested Development, Better Off Ted was a television show too good and smart for its audience. That's why it was cancelled. Ironically there were some AD alumni that showed up on that show too.

SWEEP THE LEG!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

DesperateDan posted:

Decided to finally fix up a loose tap, dug out my plumbers wrench, idly thought about goggles as I maneuvered into place, get it nice and tight and WHAM rust/calcium chunks right in my eye. Eyebath sorted the eye but not my sense of stupid, hence the confession. Wear em.

:agreed: eyeballs don't grow back.

Sitting in a recliner with a six week old baby sleeping on you is some of the best therapy life has to offer. :3:

• Locked thread