Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I want a dog again. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

You caught 'em all!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

blk posted:

Has anyone in the US ever donated parts somewhere for a tax writeoff? I have some nice Subaru springs that I barely used and a Miata AC compressor I never used. Not getting any bites on craigslist/fb/etc.

I want nice wagon springs and all but the shipping is just murder :(

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
Last week at work. Instead of documenting things or telling people about the stuff I left undone on the project I lead, my boss wants me to rush to get in more features!!!

I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

So, developing story in the local auto scene. Dude just got his car repossessed by the bank. He claims to have arrived home to find the notice in his mailbox informing him he was six months behind on his payments and had legally forfeited the car.

Which was all news to him as he owned the car outright and didn't have an outstanding loan on it. He doesn't even do business with the bank that's on the paperwork so he is a bit puzzled as to why they would repo his POS daily driver.

Some dude on GRM got a hell of a deal on a last generation 9-5 from a dealership, then found out the dealership never paid the auction they got it from. Auction repos the car right out from in front of his house, shitstorm ensues.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

InitialDave posted:

Putting sawdust in there may attract a hamster to live in the engine, which would actually measurably increase the output.

Actually it does run quite nicely, it just gets hot really fast - But the BMW isn't going anywhere! I've not put any money/time into it really, so it's not particularly acting like a millstone, but it's one of the entries on the "never sell" list.

Cleaned up pretty well with just a basic wash. Will give it a bit more of a going over tomorrow to take some pictures. Stuck a spare charged battery in it and it seems happy enough, engine issue notwithstanding. Turns out there's only 32k on it, too.

Yeah you should fix it. It's not like it's hard to do a head gasket on an inline four. Get a new part from a local equivalent of RockAuto, fix it, flip it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Ferremit posted:

Is the red reservoir on the intake manifold the the coolant overflow tank or something else?

On the Subaru turbos they have an upper coolant reservoir to feed the turbo with (both after shutdown and during normal function). There are some aftermarket ones that are less dominant of the engine bay but it's only really a problem if you start installing a rotated-mount turbocharger or something else that requires a bizarre intake path.

It makes filling coolant on a turbo a little complicated, since the upper reservoir becomes the highest point in the system, not the radiator. It also requires a pressurized rad cap which leads to people thinking their head gaskets have gone bad when in fact their ancient rad cap is bypassing off the top reservoir.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Echotic posted:

Well I am excited to say that the Wife and I are expecting, due February next year. My Wife's first, I have a 6 year old who lives with his mother. Told our son who proceeded to cry because "I'm not sure Im ready to be a big brother". :3:

Nice job. I hope your little dude gets over it. Hot Wheels will help.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

Well in true 14 inch fashion he just posted a pic on FB where it appears he had the poo poo kicked out of him. Anyone talked to him this week?

He says he got rolled for his stuff. I asked him if he was okay-okay and he didn't respond yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

everdave posted:

Pics this week and posts seem to me that he is well and truly homeless at this point is this correct?

I don't know. Seems (deliberately?) ambiguous. I hope it's not the case.

• Locked thread