Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
Welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

Freelander owner spotted.

Nope, Outback 3.0

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Has anyone in the US ever donated parts somewhere for a tax writeoff? I have some nice Subaru springs that I barely used and a Miata AC compressor I never used. Not getting any bites on craigslist/fb/etc.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I live in Portland. 10 years ago you could get a nice house for 250k. Now 500k buys you a starter home because people keep moving here, telecommuting to high paying jobs in Silicon Valley, pricing out the natives and making GBS threads up the quality of life.

I hate my house and want to move but can't afford the 750k it'd take to be closer to work and in a good school district.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
What kind of car is was this?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
NM

PS: http://katu.com/news/local/oregon-state-police-eel-truck-overturns-on-hwy-101-apparently-covering-road-in-slime

blk fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 13, 2017

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Am I out of my mind for thinking that this is a reasonable price for something I'd gladly drive to 300k?

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-318is-coupe-4/

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

I should start buying California E30's and selling them to goons, clearly

I live on the west coast but trying to find a clean E30 is like looking for a high school graduate in a vape store.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Fo3 posted:

They're not bad actually, having driven a few recently. Yeah, I always used to laugh at "318" but that's an IS in the USA so 20kw more than normal. And that interior is loving awesome. But it's not a $17k+ awesome car

I'm not in the market, but comparing it to a F-- BMW, which have no attraction to me, I think "For a practically new low mileage example of a car nobody will ever make again, that has a lot more character and fun than 17k of modern steel."

My point is I don't think the price is crazy when you're basically paying for a time machine to go back to when BMW made fun and attractive cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Fo3 posted:

I was in the market for them recently, despite everyone on AI in the US was going crazy when they got about $5k. I believe they are good cars and they are worth decent money, like 7-9k. I was hoping to get one below $5k due to my budget though and that's a lot harder here.
Nothing Japanese or euro ford from the 70s/80s is below 20k here and I think e30s will go up still and are a cult car. That said, it's BAT hype car so you will over pay compared to what you can find if you look around.

Yeah, unfortunately that's true of everything on BAT these days. What was supposed to be the antithesis of Hemmings etc became that which it despised.

I wanted to pick up the Peugeot 405 Mi16 far more than any E30, but even THAT went for substantially more than it's worth.

• Locked thread