Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Was the missing beer consumed while carefully fitting in everything else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Yeah, homeowner's associations have gotten out of hand. We're buying a beach house near Folly Beach in SC and while looking around we've seen mild to wild on covenants and restrictions (and dues!). Some of my favorites were 'no vehicles taller than 75" in an open driveway', 'no motorcycles', 'no furniture on front porch', etc... Then the dues, holy poo poo - there was one that was like $600/mo and it was basically a glorified zero-lot-line that you had to maintain the exterior on.

My parents bought a house in Folly last fall. I believe there are no HOAs in Folly, but the town itself has a few things, largely focused on property expansion/additions.

Folly Beach is great. Prices keep going up though

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Nice! The condos that are one bridge out, and then when you get out by the Harris Teeter have exorbitant HOA's. I think you're right though, if you have a stand-alone on the island, there aren't HOA's. We're actually looking at a development called Meridian that's up closer to the James County Park, still only like 10 min to Folly, 15 to Charleston.

Ohhhhh. Yeah, I about choked when I saw the fees for the condos. I know where you're talking about. Wouldn't take long for those fees to add up to house payments on a stand alone on Folly itself. ;)

I'm really glad my cruise control works at 30 mph, the Folly police are often bored and camp the speed change at the bridge.

• Locked thread