Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Here's, like, an AVERAGE day at work. 260 miles in an ambulance:

Here's yesterday, for example:

Here's today.

Looks a lot simpler, right? Nope. 633 miles.

Last year, we got an ambulance with 120k miles on it. "New," according to the Vegas refurbishment center. 2014 E350 6.0hno diesel. It was at 182k miles by June 10th, and had eaten FOUR complete diesel engines by then. About one every 12k miles. Start rolling coal, and then suffer a catastrophic failure, usually involving a ka-bang. So, three weeks ago, they gave us a 2016 Ford Transit van. Gas, not diesel, and brand new, with 4 miles on the clock.

It's already at 6,000 miles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

What happened to truck bed with doors?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Gingerbread House Music posted:

How the hell are they getting you '14 chassis' with a 6.0?

Ford kept diesel options available in the e350 for fleet sales only until 2015. Kind of like a post-2008 Crown Vic thing.

Our mechanics hate it. There's no access to anything, and the turbo piping ends up right against the doghouse, making it noisy and sometimes melting things.

The Ford 6.0 is a rebranding of the international VT engine that was available from like 2002-now. The ambulance was probably always a 6.0 diesel, but used by a different city until retirement at 120k. Then AMR buys them, "refurbishes" them, and gives them to me to break.

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 1, 2017

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Pretty much. I'll look for a pic when I'm home at the computer, but they vinyl wrapped right over the top of some gnarly dents.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Netflix will survive. They're older than Google.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just finished episode 4.

Catch a riiiiiiiide!

:smith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This...is the loving best game ever. See you Space Cowboy? A FFVII sword? The Power Rangers plinth? Holy poo poo catch a riiiiiide

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

slothrop posted:

For those of us playing at home, what are you watching? (Playing?)

Tales from the Borderlands.

Just a drunken adventure

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

spog posted:

Zip ties
Electrical tape
Duct tape
Wire coathanger (rehanging the exhaust)
AA member card (both definitions

Hi, my name is Landrover/ACVW/Opel Owner, and I'm an alcoholic.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Or... We could just ban HOAs.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

Meanwhile, Cox is implementing overage charges on the order of 2000% in metro Phoenix. :argh:

That pisses me off SO MUCH

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And a urinal

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I do, too. It's okay. Let yourself be pulled in.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Reading up on a bunch of Nestle / 3rd world country recent events first?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Username/Post combo

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yeah, you'll turbofuck your liver.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
And klintor at gmail

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Seriously. Smoking burns away like 85% of the good stuff. Vaping is the opposite. Woth goid temp control, you GET 90% of it. It's way more cost effective.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Getting doors to fit in a poo poo-tier HOA rental house is the most annoying thing I've dealt with all year. I used a plane, rough sandpaper, and a bastard file. Eventually I broke down and used the angle grinder with a sanding disc on it. There was SO MUCH MATERIAL to remove. And that was AFTER fixing the hinges.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
OH and also the loving bench grinder. I've always known that "builder grade" meant "poo poo-tier," but I didn't know to this extent.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just, remember that bed bugs can live for 18 months without eating in warm climates, and more than 2 years in cool climates :smith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Then still say them. It's not up to you.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
In order to prevent his defense from being picked apart and labeled discrimination, yes.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whyyy do I ever click "view post"?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Absolutely. I think all that we're (well, others) were trying to say is that, IF gender was going to factor into a defense, you had better be as neutral and correct as possible. Because getting it wrong or even appearing that you don't care can get you in hot water very quickly.

The argument, even minus the gender flavortext, is still very valid and troubling.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:frogout:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just did an interview for an ED Tech position at the largest hospital network here in AZ. I need to get out of the hot boxes (ambulances) and into a building. It's more difficult work, but only 3x days a week for the same monthly pay. Please please please please work out :ohdear:

I did the interview with the head of Nursing because the Nursing Director was in a meeting, and then the director came in for the last minute or so of questions before they sent me out. I hope that didn't screw me. It went very well with the head.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
God DAMMIT I broke the tumbler gears on my lathe!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Tits are great. If having a babby makes them bigger, more power to them. Like with Mal Malloy.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Is that two driveways or a sidewalk?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why the gently caress is only S2 of Better off Ted available on Netflix?!

Also, I'm making a height ruler thing for my two (step)kids. gently caress painted-on pinterest bullshit. In my house, if a cutter or blade isn't involved, it isn't fun. Even if that means breaking your router bit and using an end mill as an emergency replacement.

When all you have is a lathe and 3 inch brass bar stock, every problem starts looking like it can be solved with brass.

I would have 3D printed a custom spacer for the router (with maybe three sides corresponding to the depths I needed for the three line lengths), but it's currently being used to print a shop vac to ryobi palm sander adapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I had a 4t60(e) that I burned up on my 88 delta 88. I replaced it with a junkyard 4t60 and put a bigass transmission cooler on it, and drove it for seven more years towing tons of poo poo around. Uhaul/penske trailers, friend's boats, and pulling stumps (we were rednecks in northern Idaho). It never skipped a beat with the cooler.

GM trannies hate heat I guess :shrug:

• Locked thread