Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My mother in law moved in with us and she has two doggos

Rascal is lovin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Bajaha posted:

.... Maybe.

E: our bite machine is growing quick, he's gained 7kg in a month, 3.5 months and he's already 17kg.

He's such a ball of energy, it's exhausting at times, I don't remember our last dog being this crazy, but then again it was a long time ago and my glasses are looking pretty rosy.

Oh my GOODNESS WOOK AT HIM AND DOSE EARS OMG

have u had a GSD/working dog before? They are definitely a Real Man's Dog aka bitey ball of energy fur and more energy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I went to pets mart today for dog food and this kitten in the adoption center saw me and was meowing and pawing for me to come over and I literally FaceTime'd the waifu that we were the proud owners of a new doggo disguised as a widdle kitten

Then she reminded me that rascal may eat her or at least very well could so :rip: my hopes and dreams

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3zpgh6ex28

Look at dis kitty

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I may be purchasing a thing

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I'm drunk and haven't purchased it yet but I'm working on it!!!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Annnnnnddddd now I'm homesick

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The pics of the big sky with red earth always get me

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My neighbours basement is flooding and their sump pump is consequently flooding our yards. They appear to be gone for the long weekend and I can hear the water at the source running but there isn't a valve I can turn off. I tried calling the non emergency phone line but they told me they can't have officers break in to verify that there is a catastrophic leakage on the property and I don't have their phone number and none of their neighbours are home

What do I do

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

QuarkMartial posted:

Forgiveness over permission.

Or cut it off at the main.

I think all the mains are inside the basement so unless I get the DPW involved... in the morning :rip:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ferremit posted:

Theres gotta be a mains shut off at the street, otherwise you'd never be able to hook the house to the mains in the first place without shutting down an entire block.

In my house at least the water main with the meter is in the basement near where it comes into the house. When I go outside there isn't a pip exposed so it must be underground

I'll just let the city handle it I guess since I don't want to be charged with touching someone else's something especially if this leads to extensive property damage on my part (it probably won't unless my fence sinks 8")

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Should I be concerned of an electrical fire?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryrobots posted:

Know where they work? Call and see if they can get contact info.

Failing that, use your county property tax info to find out who owns the property and you can probably find either them or a relative on Facebook. If no FB, Google up a relative with a listed house phone.
Yeah I tried, unfortunately I can't find the correct N. Singh on Facebook and the county doesn't list phone numbers next to names :/

Tomarse posted:

Can you extend the output from the sump pump so it doesn't flood the yards, and extend it to a drain or further way?
This is basically what I did.

I got ahold of the city inspectors after talking to DPW and they're going to come check it out right away. They said the sump pump should be draining into the storm drain which means this may be the backup pump

Either way hopefully there isn't too much damage

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The city came out and dug up the main and turned his water off

Apparently it's been going for long enough to have used several thousand gallons :rip:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gunshot or fireworks started two weeks ago

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno what happened to moving to the Carolinas

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Houses here range from free to $70k in the "up and coming" neighbourhoods to $500k in the nice neighbourhoods

I got an older(1978) house in an older sub in the city with the best schools for $200k, put some work into it and now it's worth around $269k.

I don't plan on leaving any time soon since everything is in walking distance or five minutes via car

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My dads neighbours spent literally $200,000 on fireworks for their block party and they started launching 4" mortars at like 9:30. Its 2:30a and they're still going

They've been having fun skipping them across the lake lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Welcome 2 Denmark

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

No kinkshaming itt tia

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

1978 is 'older' there? Jesus, a good bit of the housing stock out here was built in the 1910's.

Yeah in my part of the suburbs it is. They tore down most of the beautiful old farm houses from 1900-1940 to build big rear end houses :shrug:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have no idea why anyone would open up an old electronic device and expect to find the issue without offering a sacrifice to the gods first

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Locator posted:

My HOA has 408 homes. We have reduced the board to 3 because we can't get anyone willing to serve even after explaining that it is one meeting every other month (2 hours max) and the rest via email. We get anywhere from 0 to 10 homeowners showing up for a meeting. We hold the meetings on a Wednesday night at 7pm to make sure anyone that wants to attend has plenty of time to get there.

Because of the complete apathy of the homeowners, we can't actually change any rules in order to get rid of the rules that people commonly show up to complain about, because it takes a LOT of homeowners to change the rules (this is set by state law). We can change simple stuff like architectural guidelines, and we can tell the management company not to enforce 'rule x', but we can't actually change anything, so we spend a lot of time listening to a few old people bitch about their neighbor parking their work truck (pickup with a company logo on it) in the driveway, because it's against the rules. We can't actually change the rules to allow the 100+ 'work vehicles' that park in the community to be allowed to do so, because none of those people will show up.

We also get like 3 or 4 people who want us to enforce the no overnight parking on the street (the streets are owned by the city, so iffy on enforcing that anyway), and don't care that everyone in the community would have to pay an extra 10 bucks per month to pay for that enforcement. So if it wasn't for me and the other two guys who all hate being on the board, but do it to keep the board from becoming those guys, I'm sure my HOA would be hellish to deal with.

I spent 4+ years fighting to get the rear end in a top hat retired guys off the board, and now I'm stuck because since nobody is getting harassed by the HOA, nobody can be bothered to care enough to show up. If I left, they would have to fill the vacancy with the grouches who show up to the meeting, and the slide into terrible HOA would begin again, so I know firsthand how HOAs get like that, and it is completely the fault of the members of the HOA who can't be assed to give up an hour or two every other month to at least show up to the meetings. The grouches won't volunteer to be on the board now, because they know they would lose all the votes 3:2 (with a 5 person board), but as soon as the current board became 2, they would be jumping in to 'help' by volunteering.

I hope that I'm the first one to move out of the community so I don't have to deal with it.

my HOA owns. $25 per YEAR. pays for cutting the grass and plowing the snow in the common areas which is like two nice parks and a lake. rule enforcement is pretty lax because it's all young couples and a few old scared grouches that post in the neighbourhood app

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rascal only gets destructive when he's nervous or anxious which is pretty much strictly when visitors are over or when we leave the house

hes a social eater so if you dont sit with him while he eats he wont eat then he'll puke bile on the floor by the bed but otherwise he's a pretty good boy

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Goddangit why do I miss everything

What happened in the realtor link

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I took a Michigan left and my car sputtered out and died, wouldn't turn over. Got it to start after about fifteen minutes of looking at everything and I smelled a lot of petrol in the exhaust as I walked around the car letting it sit running for a second

Did it somehow get flooded and it's fine or did I bend a rod and it's about to blow up? Guess I'll have to take it to the mechanic and have him tell me

I lost all power and managed to turn it into a car park so either it misfired or flooded or something glaringly simple like that but good thing my brother is going to Mexico this week for business so I can let it sit for a while

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I floored it in second gear when it gave out which is why I at first thought I blew my engine up so blech

It was probably flooded

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

It was the universe punishing you for driving like a dick.

it was an empty highway with a 55mph speedlimit so why not??? :thunk:

there was no oncoming traffic and obv i yielded.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Seminal Flu posted:

Nope, I'm a dumbass. I assumed it was an appropriation of the Pittsburgh Left colloquialism!

Sorry, TT!

See above, sorry TT!

ah no worries then :)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

fjelltorsk posted:

Seems like I need an invitation.

Edit: thanks

same

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Ok, right.

You owned a CRV worth A.

Your immediate cost to pay off all the outstanding finace on it would be B.

A is larger than B, yes? So you're not upside down on the car.

You went to a dealer to buy a new car, which would cost C.

The dealer offered you a trade-in amount for your CRV, D.

Of D, there may be two components.

D1, the amount they will pay direct to the finance company, which should equal to B.

D2, the balance of their trade-in offer, which they should pay to you.

Is the dealer saying that because D1 was actually larger than B, you should return the difference to them, rather than it being part of D2? If you do, does it get deducted from C?

Has the dealer, in total, paid out the trade-in amount D that was agreed, against the new car price of C?
ive been staring at the same two lines of code today and lemme tell u this took me way too long to parse and follow

Garage2Roadtrip posted:

Don't let me derail the CR-V financing train, because that seems like a pretty important topic.

But I just wanted to share my elation that I finally got my AW11 to fit in my toy hauler.

To be safe I'm screwing 2x6's to the floor of the garage area to distribute the weight over the particle board floor, and I'm shoring the ramp door in the center with a steel pipe with tape wrapped around it in several spaces supported by three jack stands.

holy gently caress dude i love it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im 6'9" and 420lbs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rdb posted:

I have flown to shanghai and back a couple times on united in business class, and yeah, I can see how thats annoying. More so when your 6'6" with shoes off, but it sure as gently caress beats 19 hours packed shoulder to shoulder in economy.

Speaking of flying, I had a kinda rough flight into Detroit today. First time I have seen a flight attendant get knocked to the floor by turbulence and first aborted landing. Pilots kept the cockpit door closed while we were getting off so I couldn't ask questions.

The weather here has been v stormy and humid

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You Am I posted:

Wait, really? That seems like a silly requirement. You'd think smoking it would be a better way of transferring the THC to your blood system.

Vaping does it better with no carcinogens and little waste product

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Pretty much. I'm old school so I'm still getting used to it. Went through one lovely cheap vaper already so I'm gonna invest in a good one. I should listen to what TCC goons say to get right? :v:

Unironically yes

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hit that dab boyzzzzz

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If anything do it for me because working in the auto industry means no fun :argh:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

do they sell dank tanks? they are sealed oil tanks that you attach to a 10 dollar vape pen and work so drat well, so much easier than a standard vape with bud.

they do randoms on you? lame

Yeah I have to drive M-plates sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It would appear that I have fulfilled my evolutionary purpose in life

• Locked thread