Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I want to murder the cat for keeping me from falling asleep until 5:30 am because she just had to sing the song of her loving people and the dog for waking me up howling at 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30 because she had to stay here while people went elsewhere, then woke me up for good at 10:00 because she had to take a piss. And her leash is in a sealed off room currently being fumigated. :shepcide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

No, leave it, it's beautiful just the way it is!

edit: damnit

Forgive me father for I have sinned. :v:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

You're a dick. Best mod 2017.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Lifes to short to be bored. Do whatever makes you happy. :toot:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I burned a vacation day to go to a car show happening on the main drag in the party area of tampa tomorrow with a friend. Its forcasted to rain tomorrow almost exactly from the time the show opens till it closes, and if it doesn't we're looking at 6 hours of car show in 100°F 70-80% humidity weather. gently caress that poo poo, I'm staying home with the a/c.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Bed bugs are filthy xenos pests and I can't wait to exterminatus them from my house and life with the heaters arriving tuesday. Dude at the rental place said they don't rent out heaters, but he may start because we were around the 100th family this month to inquire due to bedbug infestation. Every local store is sold out of chemicals and despite eyewatering prices, professionals are booked solid. poo poo is reaching pandemic levels in my area. :smithicide:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It would appear that I have fulfilled my evolutionary purpose in life

Good job. :toot:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Dirt track, drag strip, wrecking yards, industrial supplies. Hang on, need to check where the nearest Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, and/or Tractor Supply are.
And with 2 acres, I could just *build* another house if I decide I hate the existing one...

Sometimes it's good to be someone who can fix stuff.

At worst you'd just have to swing up into Arlington to get something. As for the strip, my dad lives a short drive over in everman and we could hear the cars running if we sat outside, but it never went too late. I also grew up just nort of there by lake arlington. All in all, a chill place to live.

Edit: The commute to irving is a bit of a bitch. My dad did it off and on as work necessitated, but ultimately say gently caress it due to the time required for that commute. Also, there are a poo poo ton more stores and such along I-20 in between cooper and collins there in arlington for non hardware needs.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 17, 2017

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yeah, thats gonna be hard. But an entirely worthy cause, because kitty.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Have you spoken to HR people at work given thats where this is happening?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Obviously those screws were causing the issue!

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Coworker got stuck with a customer who told him all about his butthole problems for a good 10 minutes while I went and finished my closing duties, then came over and told the coworker to do something in the back to rescue him. Notable quotes include "Every time I eat or poo poo, my rear end in a top hat pulsates for a good 10 hours man" and "Yeah, sounds like that dude was just trying to cover their rear end". Dude has nobody to talk to except his wife and I get he's lonely, but drat dude, don't dump it all out on random strangers.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Why the hell do you want to put a piece of poo poo like a LS when you can have the glory and brain bending hositility of a Barra on so much boooooost a LS would be wimpering in fear in the corner?

For it is not the V8 that the real Warboys worship, but the Barra

Our Barra
Who art in car
Hallowed be thy Name
Your boost to come
Your torque be done
On dragstrip as is on race track
Give us today our daily burnout
And forgive us our 60 foot times
And lead us not to the US
But deliver us from LS
For thine is the power, the 1/8 and 1/4

Forever more
Amen

:crossarms:

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1109-stock-gm-ls-engine-big-bang-theory/

The barra is a good substitute for you kangaroo fuckers that can't readily go to a junkyard and yank out a bitchin 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0 out of a truck. But it will most certainly take plenty of loving boost on a stock bottom end. And it has the added bonus of fitting in loving everything.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Most likely. Heat will kill a 4l60 easy. Rebuild it, slap a dedicated tranny cooler in and you should be fine.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Pretty much. The little in radiator tranny cooler is not really big enough for a gm truck w/ a 4l60 doing any kind of towing. Also, I'd see if you can upgrade the internals to 4l70 internals while you are at it. In 05 they revamped the trans to make it more durable, along with the switch to dex 6 instead of dex 3 as atf. :eng101:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

They're supposed to be relatively easy to remove with exhaust crossing over from the drivers side near the extension housing being the only thing I can think of blocking a straight unbolt and drop, but I've never rebuilt/removed one personally before. And the harsh 1-2 shift sounds like it was on its last legs already. Probably hasn't had a tranny filter in quite a while, much less had any kind of drain and fill given gm didn't include a drain plug on the pan from the factory.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

There was also the option of the 4l80 on the 3/4 tons behind the 6.0 lq4. Much more stout, but also a bigger case on the trans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I can't remember all the options, but I know in gmt800s its relatively common behind the 6L.

• Locked thread