Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Did you snitch or just roll your eyes and walk away? I probably would have done the latter.

E: 1 cat, 2 horses, 1 pony, 30 goats. I want a dogge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I like my home in Southern Indiana. Its affordable, unemployment is low, the wealth gap isn't as bad as the place I grew up in, and the people have been ok to me. Sure there are drugs and career degenerates but you get that anywhere.

I don't like the lovely politics the rest of the state is known for but I can say that about pretty much any rural area in this country.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Wow, I live in the middle of nowhere Indiana, and I just had someone come to my door and ask if I knew where stuff was buried on the property and where I want the fiber run. loving sweet. Love my rural telephone co-op all the sudden.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Pictures of someones drivers license, adp pay stub, passport, personal photos, pretty much nothing to do with the house.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Yes, fuel injected cars can still flood. No telling from over the internet why it cut off, its probably electrical, although during a sharp turn is a classic symptom of water in the gas tank.

If you suspect it of flooding, hold the pedal all the way to the floor and crank. Most every car has a "clear flood mode" that will shut down the injectors.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Enourmo posted:

6'5". I'm at that magic proportion, too, where both my legs and torso are inconveniently long.

Now your username makes sense and yeah I feel you on the height thing.

E: plane seats on regional jets suck. Work does get easier otherwise, just be sure to get up from your desk on occasion to stretch. That kinda applies to everyone.

rdb fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 13, 2017

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Ether Frenzy posted:

You guys think regional jets are a problem, get this:

I'm 6'1" and the lay-down bedlets in most business class sections on international jets are built for someone exactly 6' tall, it's loving not fair!! (an actual issue as dumb as it sounds)

Seriously though I feel you *actually* big guys, I have enough issues being 'large' compared to average sized people.

I have flown to shanghai and back a couple times on united in business class, and yeah, I can see how thats annoying. More so when your 6'6" with shoes off, but it sure as gently caress beats 19 hours packed shoulder to shoulder in economy.

Speaking of flying, I had a kinda rough flight into Detroit today. First time I have seen a flight attendant get knocked to the floor by turbulence and first aborted landing. Pilots kept the cockpit door closed while we were getting off so I couldn't ask questions.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

cursedshitbox posted:

Go see Chernobyl unless you're scared of living without starbucks and artisanal toast.

Ya, that's on the top of a 16 story apartment building. I had a rad guide.

Bucket list material. Amazing. And super jealous.

Are there regularly scheduled tours or how did you wind up getting there?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Its an early 90s chevy lumina euro. The plate would do the most good.

E: its not a euro, just a lumina.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Small trucks don't make sense in this country. Just get an F-150 if a truck is what you want. I rent one about every other week and the 3.5 with the 10 speed returns some impressive gas mileage and seems solid enough. I wouldn't trust it in the long run given its inherent complexity, but if your planning on dumping it before then its going to be ok. Also ford shameful warranty denials but toyota has done the same to me so meh.

I would consider buying one myself and I am usually a chevy guy. Although mine would probably be a 5.0 with the 10 speed.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

ilkhan posted:

Yeah, I test drive one and it just felt so loving huge... I need to drive one again. The F-150 had vastly more technology options available, too. Costs a bit more, but it's a lot more truck.

To me, they feel normal size but I used to drive 24' box trucks and owned a 3/4 ton crew cab long bed chevy so yeah. Unless you live where you would need a $500 a month parking space for it don't let the size discourage you. Especially if you ever need a rear facing car seat, or plan on having normal size people ride in the back. Or if you plan on towing other vehicles, or hauling more than 1000lbs in the bed, etc.

Also they should be discounting the crap out of the 2017s since 2018 is a redesign. Its one of those vehicles where you should be paying 10k off sticker at least.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
The problem is I don't want my healthcare in the hands of mitch mcconnell, the freedom caucus, paul ryan, donald trump et al. I really don't know how you could implement it in this country and keep it safe from the right. Its not this simple thing the rest of the world has that we can have should the democrats just pass a bill. Hell they had their chance and all they did was feed people to the wolves with that mandate.

You cant make other people change their minds when its so easy to surround yourself with only one point of view. This applies to the left as well, especially here, on this forum. And for the record, I am center left. And had over 10% of my income, not including premiums, go to healthcare this year.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
What does the left do that pisses the right off? Try to take away guns, allow abortion, try to deny religion, increase taxes, incite racial tensions with police, come on do yall really live in a bubble where you don't hear this poo poo parroted 24/7. It doesn't matter if you view these causes as just, but it does piss people off enough to be single issue voters.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
My point is, for a lot of people its not. My ultra religious cult following in laws voted for trump for that reason alone. The biblical justifications were kinda hilarious.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
On another subject both my wife and I want to take a vacation but cant decide between Hawaii and Costa Rica. Normally I would be all about Costa Rica but the risk of zika has my wife really worried. Whats the real risk of contracting it? And whats fun to do/where to go in either place? I want to do beach stuff and get a sailfish or tuna charter. My wife likes nature stuff. I think we can reasonably afford $5-6k for the week, airfare excluded from the total.

Is there a thread somewhere else for this?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
I don't have the points to make it to NZ for the both of us and I think airfare would eat up most of the budget. Its central America/Caribbean / United States only this time around.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

isnt kobe and wugu just what an old japanese man feeds the cow to make it kobe/wugu

Wagyu is the breed, kobe is the prefecture where its raised. Its fed beer and grain i think. And massaged. Its super well marbled and real kobe is near impossible to find in the usa.

E: now that my pasture is actually pasture I want to get wagyu embryos and start a herd but they aren't cheap.

rdb fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 30, 2017

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

CommieGIR posted:

Does it make sense to add a transmission cooler to a manual if you are going to tow things?

Does a manual have a fluid pump that circulates the oil under pressure like an automatic?

ilkhan posted:

Y'all are dicks about some things, but you were right about the F-150 compared to the Taco. A Lightning Blue 501A Supercrew followed me home today.

Congrats on the new truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Figured the 4L80 would be on the 3/4, but surprised it was only behind the 6.0.

The Allison 1000 is behind the 8.1 and the duramax, a big selling point. That trans is huge and reliable as long as power remains stock. If you do smoke it rebuild parts are like $3600 plus labor.

• Locked thread