Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Letterkenny season 3 is out you fuckin' degens. Pitter patter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
We did something similar, but since my wife is a Marine it was easier to get a loan for that since we didn't have much liquid money on hand at the time. We've socked away quite a bit of cash since then. We also did that because we're about to stop being a dual income household for the next ~6 months.

Being able to have savings, take vacations, eat out when we don't feel like cooking is rad.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
It varies wildly where you live. Most of the construction in the part of NC I'm in didn't get going until the 90s/2000s.

In Miami no suburbs were built until AC rolled out, so an older place there is from the 50s/60s, most of which are still standing. A good amount of the Miami Beach and Coral Gables stuff from the 20s/30s is still around too. The really bad stuff in terms of construction was from the 80s, when people forgot that regular hurricanes were a thing.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
The E46 SMG is supposedly fairly simple to convert to a manual.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
AI Dads/Moms how nervous should I be since my wife is due any time now.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

ilkhan posted:

Did I hit mark unread? Or have I just missed half a months worth of chat thread? Who knows.

Test drove an F-150. I knew it was huge from sitting in one before, but I'd hoped it would feel smaller while driving.

Nope! Felt even bigger. Driving a brontosaurus would not feel this big

gently caress

Test drove a Tacoma.

Still felt big, definitely lacked the power, but it was livable.

I started looking at trucks to have fun off road and tow the motorcycle to track days, but independent of that, I've started taking steps towards finishing my degree. Since I don't want to transfer when I already have 100 credits done, and UNRs web offerings loving suck, I'm probably going to have to move back to Reno to finish it. 4x4 would be nice for winter drives over the Sierras, and maybe when I'm done the Ranger will be out and I can put that awesome resale value towards a truck with the size of a Tacoma but with a grown up Ford engine in it. The 3.5EB and the 10A in an aluminum bodied Tacoma size truck would be hilariously good fun.

I'm also in Vegas for the first time, with my GF, and it's pretty fun even after a 10 hour drive.
Why not look at a smaller truck, like the Colorado?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
loving hell. Just drive to a police station next/any time they do that.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Start recording your shop counter or whatever with audio.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Cap One. I have 2 credit cards with them. I closed my Wells Fargo accounts 3 years ago because they kept loving around with fees and asking me to open new accounts.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Ugh I want to go almost everywhere that isn't a war zone. Wife has been in war zones and just wants to go everywhere.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CommieGIR posted:

I'm a boob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Kosher /Halil set their standard on cleaniness (A pig is seen as a unclean and to be fair they are harbours of a lot of diseases that affect humans - at the time of the introduction of dietery rules eating pig was just asking for a horrible disease) and also how the animal is slaughtered and also prepared (avoiding unnecessary suffering, proper and fast bleeding out etc) so as long as you dont contaminate the vat grown meat with non kosher / halil food it'll be good after it was certified.

As with many things, the Better off Ted episode on this topic is gold.

• Locked thread