Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

imagine living in a third world hell hole such as america lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the guy moving to ukraine is now the coolest person itt sry to the rest of you chumps

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

there hasn't been a good bond film since *vague hand gestures*

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

hELLO

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

it is really hosed up and weird to me that rhyno turned out to be some hateful transphobe bigot

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Rhyno you should just have awkward, boring, unfulfilling sex with your stalker. They'll soon leave you alone.

I agree just suck her dick and be done with it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Enourmo posted:

Ahaha the professor showed a video about planetary gears, they showed a FWD car... with a BMW logo.

(yes i know about the 1 series sedan, china doesn't count)

they sell these in the uk

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

:same: my parents texted on a whim to come watch our kids so we could go on a date. Timing didn't work for spider man or Wonder Woman (you never see movies when you have kids unless they are kid movies) but Dunkirk in IMAX was playing and boy am I glad I watched in IMAX. The sound was incredible. As usual Nolan delivered a seriously good movie people will be talking about until the next one he does.

Wasn't Nolans last film a meandering pointless rehash of 2001?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

we watched the martian and the only thing good about it was sean bean was in it

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Them's fightin words.

ilkhan posted:

You, sir, are objectively wrong.

and sean bean wasn't even that good or interesting in it either :twisted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

No, you don't want that.

Moon is a nice idea completely screwed by setting it on the wrong moon. Stick that poo poo on Europa or somewhere so the mechanics of the plot for the lack of visitors actually function.

Lol this is an insanely dumb post. i think you're completely missing the point

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

Forgive my ignorance but as a person living in the USA I constantly get reminded that Minis and Range Rovers are unreliable garbage considering the alternatives we have available. But everyone in Britain (maybe even Europe?) drives Minis and Range Rovers and don't seem to have any reputation for being garbage.
Is there some geographic difference between the vehicles or is it a social thing?

theres an awful lot of americans driving chryslers or so i am told

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Adiabatic posted:

Oh got it so only idiot British folk drive Minis and Land Rovers.

correct

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Moon was a decent little film. I enjoyed watching it despite the fact that apparently the moon isn't isolated enough

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

i cried at the end of season 6 episode 5 of game of thrones

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the generational distinction chat is really dumb and essentially boils down to a bunch of millenials coming up with excuses for why they're not millenials because the word has aquired some negative connotations for whatever reason and also so they can look down on people who definitely are millenials

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

KakerMix posted:

No, it's more that we're discussing what terms a bunch of marketers came up with (as pointed out earlier) to define huge groups of varied people while reminiscing about the youth we had.

- or -

stfu millenial

exactly :laugh:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

tbh classifying generational divides speaks more about the times ppl came of age in rather than the ppl themselves. most of us are millenials because we grew up in millenial times and not gen x times and its not any more complicated than that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

the problem with the uk, the us, and all its like is that children are indoctrinated from birth to accept liberalism as a sort of religion so it's an uphill battle right from the start

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

It was certainly cathartic watching Theresa May's "we're going to reinforce our majority and double down on everything" plan go completely to poo poo at the hands of the electorate. If Labour had fielded someone more palatable to the middle ground, they might well have won.

Lol you mean somebody like Tim Farron?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

Yes, actually. Farron was a decent guy, the Lib Dems deciding to railroad him basically for daring to be Christian despite being 100% of a liberal outlook and not wanting to impose his beliefs on people was a mistake, and symptomatic of the left's aforementioned "you're either 100% on board and behind us in every way, or you're Hitler" problem.

Lol drat not the response I was expecting but this is much better

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

His solution to the Trident wrangling was great.

I have no idea what you did expect.

I wasnt expecting you to unironically defend Tim Farron of all people, especially considering the lib dems did not do very well in the election

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

InitialDave posted:

I never expected him to come even close to winning, but I never had a problem with the man, he always struck me as being a decent guy.

Don't forget that a lot of people were voting Labour not for Labour, but as the "only ones who can beat the Tories".

Nevermind, this discussion is getting off topic. I was trying to illustrate how a centrist labour candidate would not have polled better than corbyn but you managed to completely bugger my arguement by being a guy who actually likes Tim Farron

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

It's difficult not calling out racists for being racist

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Im trying to force myself through Blood Meridian but it's fuckin boring af

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

The only purpose tilapia has is in something like a fish curry where none of the flavour comes from the fish (because tilapia has none)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Anybody been to Bali?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Full of tourist traps and drunk racist Australians.

where did you go when you were there?

• Locked thread