Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/fYgCg26Sdyo

Took a video of my band's van which developed the kind of exhaust leak that sounds awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Nostrovia! :cheers:

My step-mom is first-generation Ukrainian and she and her siblings are all fluent in the language. They bop back to the mother land now and then and it sounds like they have a great time.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
"The Ukraine" is insensitive because (and I'm pretty sure I"m close to the right answer) that's how Russia refers to the country and nobody in Ukraine likes Russia. It sorta implies that Ukraine belongs to Russia.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
grats man! doggos and babbies are great friends :3:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Larrymer posted:

Most companies don't pay for loyalty, unfortunately. :( It's stupid that you can jump to another company and get a 20% raise, then possibly come back to the original company and get paid even more. It seems to work that way in my industry at least (auto).
This is how IT works, as far as I've seen. Want a raise? Get a new job at a different company.

On that note, I have an interview tomorrow!

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Sinestro posted:

Yes, because educating people like that is how you help people learn and improve? It's not an attack on someone personally or an invalidation of their issues to tell them that they should probably talk about something differently.
This gets a completely unironic :yeah: from me.

KakerMix posted:

What makes a steering wheel do this?
Cum, I bet.

In other news, I've become obsessed with MR2 AW11s because I
1.) already attempted to service a VW W8 so how hard could this be, and
2.) I like things that are angled, and
3.) I want my "race car" to not pull any punches and let me know just exactly how good/bad of a driver I am.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
This one here is way closer to my price range (aka very low) and there's even an M1a for $500 with a blown head gasket. Much like my previous "gotta have it" vehicle, it comes down to whether I can squeeze into the damned thing cuz I'm 6' 7" and the VW Rabbit Pickup is forever off the table for me.

slothrop posted:

Oh hey me too. I really wanna go buy this one but it's not a smart decision at the moment.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Toyota-MR2-1988/SSE-AD-4860448/?Cr=1
It's even a supercharger, that must be hard to resist.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Do it, they're great cars. I've been thinking of one for a daily that isn't quite as ridiculous as a lotus 7
I was thinking of using it as a daily and selling my Golf, but I do too much hauling around of things that I'd need to keep the Golf. A pair of buddies have been shopping around for garage/wrencher space, maybe I could just hop on the lease with them and go for a 3-car instead of 2-car garage :thunk:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Welp, did my first go-kart track visit as an adult-aged person and I'm 100% hooked on racing. Next step I guess is to find a way to afford that MR2 AW11 and take 'er on up to a race track.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Pro-tip: If you're gonna break your ankle, make it the fibula. Bonus points for the left foot.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Going in today to get a follow-up, but everyone who's seen that x-ray has said I'll need surgery. Never broken anything before or had any surgery like this so it's gonna be great. Vicodin is great, too. I'm gonna see if I can find footage of it happening, brb.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Some other dude on roller skates kicked me into another dude and my ankle twisted such that part of it broke. Roller derby! :confuoot:

Footage is gone but it had been live-streamed to facebook live and now it's gone. Oh well.

edit: Here's a photo of when it happened. Red box is the ankle that broke, green box is yours truly yelling "stop stop stop it's broken" spoilered cuz it's a bit macabre.

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jul 25, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Stereotypical derby guys are creepy, idiot sleazeballs the same way the stereotypical car guys are misogynistic alpha-males with infantile emotional IQs. :shrug:

My ankle's broken but it'll heal, and my insurance is good and can take care of it. When it heals, I'm going right back to my weird skating hobby because the community that we have is supportive and awesome. :shrug:

Some derby people are insufferable because they talk about the sport in a super condescending way, same way that some car people are insufferable because they only talk about cars. :shrug:

I get that I play an esoteric sport that gets dumped on a lot, and I do plenty of that dumping because it's a weird sport full of weirdos and misfits. Some of these misfits are awesome people, some are creepy dumbasses who are shown the door. Derby people aren't any worse than people in any other left-of-center community. Except furries, they're the worst.

Thanks for the well-wishes on the ankle. I'm going in for surgery on Friday! Baby's first surgery. How exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Drink more milk, lift more weight, your babby bones are brittle af.

get well soon

Yes, I will be doing this for sure, not joking.

• Locked thread