Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Another chat thread posted in the right month? What the hell is going on you guys

For those that are late;

This is a chat thread for anyone who reads AI. We talk about computers, life, how much alcohol we drink(There was a distinct decrease in alcoholism last month),you loving nerds go on about and and the latest graphic doohickey oh god I'm going to fall asleep, where it's finally getting loving cold in Australia and hot in the asscrack of Satan aka Arizona and Wrar buys the Gorester, Mad Max fan fiction and shipping Furiosa and one of the Wives, COMMIEGIR occasionally slam truth bombs while NM infects our minds and sends us all to the cycle asylum - leading an army of AI cyclists to slaughter hipsters on fixies, WE DONT TALK ABOUT DOGS, cry over the Trumpocopypse, wonder how the gently caress *insert idiot here* hasnt been reprogrammed with a baseball bat, we post cat pics, whatever! Just imagine this as one large garage and we are all pretending to work on some broken rear end Buick Centruy while talking poo poo about anything that comes up. Anyone who is just wandering by, stop and say hello! We don't bite and we're a pretty chilled out bunch of normal people. Except apparently when [list of topics you already know to avoid] comes up. anyway.

Cats are assholes but kittens are goddamn cute and we all need to watch them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xAoAHgVr3w

IT IS DANGEROUS TO POST ALONE. HERE, TAKE THIS!

POST ALL THE KITTENS YOU GOT

Or post whatever your favorite pet is, lets cute the gently caress out of this chat because we all need cute and cuddly in this dark hosed up world

:catdrugs: :birddrugs: :lsd:

Edit - Well gently caress. Forgot to call it a chat thread. Moderator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cage posted:

why the gently caress can't we talk about dogs? facism.

quote:

Or post whatever your favorite pet is, lets cute the gently caress out of this chat because we all need cute and cuddly in this dark hosed up world

I'M GONNA REPROGRAM YOU POST CUTE oval office

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

Got it. More or less.

Maddie would approve but she's got a box and sleeping to do

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 1, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Okay, I need some help calling bullshit.

I went to a Mazda meet the other night and there was this dude with a MP3 Protege. And it was turboed. And he claimed he had "chassis swapped it for AWD" and it really looked like there was a rear diff under there. What the hell did I see? And no, I got no good pics of it.

Possible, depending on year model. There's often an AWD option that is JDM only that he could have imported the parts for. If you are thinking about the 98-2001one then yes, there was indeed a AWD option

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

Nah its all good. Most people just dont get outback driving. When your on a road like this

Its no big deal at all doing 100-110kph, even towing (Usually sit on 100 when towing cos otherwise the big girl drinks like an alcoholic at a brewery). the issue is that if your towing an offroad camper trailer and the wheel comes off, shes going to dig in and drag to the side, pull you off the edge of the road and THATS when your in deep poo poo cos once your in that soft sand at speed its game over.

Thats basically the setup, except thats a 200 series not a 100 series like I drive.

Last time I was out vaguely in that direction I found a road like that and just opened the Commodore up. Man that was fun and scary

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

You mean the engagement photos?

Strap in buddy, it ain't over yet.

Well poo poo, no more Rhyno is a jerk....?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I haven't been angry in 4 months.

Ive been seething mass of hatred for just about everything for a while now. Except cats and Subarus

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I LOST THE KEYS TO THE PT

... and the bad news is?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

cursedshitbox posted:

I'll take my chances in Ukraine, thanks~

What on earth are you doing in Ukraine?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

the spyder posted:

... I just bought two more parts Rx-7's to finish a project. HELP ME I'M TURNING INTO CAT INTERCEPTOR!

You are fine, it's not Subarus.

.... have I really gone that far off the deep end?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Why the gently caress would you eat anything that you know is going to erupt from your rear end in a forceful spray later?????

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

More fool him

For your daily dose of rear end in a top hat cats....

http://imgur.com/gallery/RG41L#4jWu8fn

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Cats are assholes. Get four cat teacups

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ferremit posted:

Is the red reservoir on the intake manifold the the coolant overflow tank or something else?

Well some would say SSS is rignt but it's actually my emergency tea holder.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Awww cute kids. Post your kids instead of cats and dogs :v:

I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sinestro posted:

I'm doing being gay so wrong, I'm supposed to be trying to destroy traditional values, right?

The people who poo poo on about traditional values are doing a perfectly good job of that themselves.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Fo3 posted:

Conversation that happened today with my 4y/o (his words in italics):
"and this is my crane"
"crane!" yelled in disbelief because he knows cranes are supposed to be big.
"engine crane, to pull out and fix engines"
"can you fix my subaru, the engine is broken and out on the lawn"
"I probably can't but I know someone who can, do you like cats?"
"yes I like cats, does he live on our street"
"no, he's on the internet"
*kid goes on hand and knees and wails "who will fix my subaru?"

Then we played cops and robbers.
No photos because he's too young to give informed consent.

Not gonna lie Ive been having a very rough time lately.... but that homestly is one of the best things Ive read in a long time.

Yeah okay Ill fix his Subaru :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

"He just buys lovely cars because of brain damage"

Story of my life

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Off to see Baby Driver at the drive in tomorrow evening.....

In a San Remo MY06 WRX that is VIN'ed as a WRX STI exactly like the main stunt cars used. Going by myself but I dont give a flying gently caress

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Our current AG has a hateboner six miles high for drug offenses, and loves mandatory minimums in sentencing. One of his first policy memos was to instruct federal prosecutors to pursue charges that carry a mandatory minimum sentence preferentially. As a Congressman he worked to oppose sentencing reform for non-violent drug crimes for just that reason.

All it takes to make the state laws not matter when pot's still illegal federally is the DOJ putting enough pressure on, say by refusing to distribute funds to state and local police agencies unless they agree to turn over info to the feds so that they can try and prosecute legal pot sellers on such things as violating anti-terrorism banking laws by not keeping their profits in banks where the feds can seize them.

There will be such an enormous pushback if Sessions tries anything like that that he'll be a smoking hole in the far wall. Legal pot is out of the bag and it aint going back in, esp with even federal Republicans getting on the legal pot train.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I don't know. Seems (deliberately?) ambiguous. I hope it's not the case.

He is very much deliberatly homeless. He's goign to be dead in a gutter within a year at this rate.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Already had someone ask if the WRX is a movie replica car. This is turning out to be a fun night

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Baby Driver is goddamn AWESOME

Improptu WRX meet and sooooo many people wanted to race me for some odd reason leaving.

Also got offered 20K right there if I sold the MY06. Sorry but noooooope that is the one thing in my life that is just simply never for sale no matter how high the offer

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

redgubbinz posted:

Speaking of cats, some low-energy troll is trying to get PI rattled up with a thread about keeping cats off his "expensive car." I've already engaged, maybe we could get some sort of game going in there. A game involving cats on cars, perhaps sharing one or two attributes with the previously posted image, if you see my meaning.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827132

Hmmm, well I think I see what you are getting at and responded accordingly.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

When I first encountered and had an issue with this person they were very clearly a man. Now they have bright blue hair, pigtails, and wears skirts but has nothing female about them. I know, I work in a comic shop, weird should be common. But few of my customers say poo poo like "You could love me if you just gave me a chance."

Annnnd this is suddenly one of the few times I'm glad I come off as a cold blunt rear end in a top hat on first meetings with strangers.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

KakerMix posted:

But conversations like this really get my motor runnin'

Head out on the Highway!
Looking for adventure
And whatever comes our way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMbATaj7Il8

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

KakerMix posted:

This one is a bit more appropriate :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhY9GOhFwN4

(sorry Rhyno)

I would have thought this one was more appropriate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LemG0cvc4oU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

blk posted:

Am I out of my mind for thinking that this is a reasonable price for something I'd gladly drive to 300k?

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-bmw-318is-coupe-4/

HAHAHA 17K for what was one of the slowest and most terrible BMW's to have existed?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Recording everything is a drat good idea.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

DJ Commie posted:

318is cars (at least in the US) are all of the IS options (LSD, sport suspension, etc) but with a twin cam 4 cylinder, not the old M10. They're a less front heavy 325is minus some torque.

I'm aware of the 318is, it's still slow, not particulary fun and still one of the shittiest BMW's to have existed. The only reason they got fellatioed by the press is RWD. That's it. The fact anyone can desire those heaps of poo poo blows my mind

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

Are you off your pills again? The E30 318iS is one of only about three four-cylinder 3-series you should ever buy, the others being the 320iS and M3.

It's got the same power as the contemporary M20-engined 320i, but with less weight, that weight saving coming front right near the nose.

And since when aren't they fun?

I'd be on drugs if I said the 318is was good - They are loving snoozefest shitboxes, a bit of lipstick on a pig without the whole go really fast bit.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

As I get older I find I have less and less time for poo poo I don't care about in the slightest. Maybe that makes me uncultured or an rear end in a top hat but it definitely makes me happier.

That actually sounds pretty good to me. Drop by and have a beeer / check out my Subaru collection sometime

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Hi, my name is Cat Interceptor and in case you missed it in that thread with waaaay too many goddamn Subarus I have a huge loving mental problem.

JFC why. WHY

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

My laptop is under a DDOS from four cats

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

If only you could somehow catch them before they reached the laptop, maybe with a device. :v:

apt get cardboard-box
cardbox-box installed

Hey, that worked!

Do we still have a detailing thread in AI? I think Im going to need some ideas how to clean up one grotty as gently caress WRX

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Oh my Gawd I feel I just stepped into a rabbit hole

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

August thread title right here

Someone volunteered for August thread duty. Make the OP a good one :)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Talk about whatever body parts turn ya all on I dont care. Not like I get any what with all these Subarus giving me negative sex appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Okay wait a sec forget about boob talk.... Rhyno what the ever living gently caress were you doing watching Veronica Mars in the first place????

• Locked thread