Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

We're 2.5 hours from Chicago or Detroit, 2 from Indy, 3 from Cleveland. There's plenty to do and Fort Wayne was just named the most affordable place to live in the nation.

Northwest Arkansas is similar. Think what you will about WalMart, but they have been a huge pillar of the economy here for the past several decades. Home prices in the major cities are rising like crazy and houses are going under contract sometimes within hours of being listed. The wife and I bought a house in a small town 8 miles south of the NWA metro area because it's so much cheaper down here and our commute to work is still only 20 minutes.

I'd love to be nearer cool stuff but...eh. Gas is cheap (for now) and our house was 110k soo V:shobon:V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Nidhg00670000 posted:

This interplay has caused house prices to increase by 230% between 1996 and 2016, according to Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) data, as wells as household debt to rise. Data from Sveriges Riksbank, Sweden’s central bank, show the average debt‐to-income ratio for households with mortgages reached 343% in 2016, while the ratio exceeds 600% for 13% of these households, raising concerns of a housing bubble. In 2016 alone, house price inflation averaged at 9.4%.

Holy poo poo folks are buying houses six times their annual income?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Enourmo posted:

Holy gently caress, I'd missed this little saga. How the gently caress has your body not been broiled into jerky by now?

Driving 8 hours a day with no AC in Texas isn't normal...

...But in the "sharing economy" it is.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Enourmo posted:

6'5". I'm at that magic proportion, too, where both my legs and torso are inconveniently long.

I'm 5'6 with short legs, AMA.

Pros: Can fit in sports cars and airline seats semi comfortably.
Cons: No woman will sleep with me.

5/10 would not manlet again.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

"He just buys lovely cars because of brain damage"

Story of my life

You're not Viggen though?

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Weed is cool and good and you should smoke it every day because within 5 years it's going to be hard time for possession and any medical programs are going to get shut down, let alone recreational states.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I like when she likes the things I like. She loves the Miata!

My wife loves Miatas too but hates almost literally every other car I have an interest in or could afford. No stupid vans, no Volvo wagons, no 90s Japanese warm hatches for me.

Her dream car is a Viper GTS and if I won the lottery tomorrow I'd buy her one and she'd definitely kill herself in it. :shobon:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

and if it would affect his career as a dentist :v:

Based on dentists I've known: no.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Sinestro posted:

Congratulations for reading someone else's post I guess? I'm not exactly a Trump supporter.

I'm talking more about the 'Jill Stein 2020' types and the Chapo fans from the perspective of a merely center-left Democrat. It's really worrying, especially as someone who is basically not given any options in the current atmosphere, to be in a place where both parties are in the grips of their own extremist movements.

Chapo Trap House kicks rear end :getin:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Had my three best friends over last night and grilled a poo poo ton of pork and a few steaks. One of my buddies brought over pineapple (gently caress grilled pineapple is delicious) and lobster tail. Many beers were had. Good times.

gently caress chiggers though. God drat I'm itchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I gave up on Ebay after having to open two unpaid item cases in a row and never getting paid. I've just about given up on trying to sell anything online because between Craigslist scammers and bullshit artists and Ebay's refusal to ban non paying accounts it's not worth my time.

• Locked thread